Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2014 11:43:08 PM EDT
A friend of mine wants to make a private combat rifle, pistol, shotgun training range on his private property. I am looking for advice/ideas on setup, targets, materials etc., any aspect of doing this.
Any ideas will be appreciated…thanks in advance Cmax
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:47:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Get some orange cones to set up some distances. Cut out some plywood barricades with different openings, cut one to be a silouette of a car. Make some target stands from scrap wood, buy a bag of balloons and string and tir them to trees for moving targets.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:48:13 PM EDT
[#2]
He'll save himself many headaches and many $$ by attending this course first.   http://rangeservices.nra.org/range-development-conference.aspx  Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:54:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Interested in this as well.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:38:24 PM EDT
[#4]
What's the land like?

If a natural hillside that a 25 yard x 25 yard can be cut out with a dozer, think instant berm. One of my ranges is that size and I can run pistol, rifle and shotgun for HD in that.

As far as targets, make some stands or purchase, as you will need a bunch to set up the different themes. Will need some barricades, and  some steel would be nice.

You can buy the 4x8 sheets of the stuff they make political sign out of for walls. I buy this through a local sign shop.

Only limited by your own imagination and pocketbook.

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:37:41 PM EDT
[#5]
http://range.nra.org

I'd start there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top