Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2014 11:59:07 PM EDT
i had my first carbine course yesterday and after 9 hours of learning, manipulating, and firing my ar i have gained an unbelievable amount of respect for it I bought my first ar 5 years ago and had been shooting it fairly consitently ever since so i thought i knew some stuff, WRONG. the guys at tapp tactical here in medford oregon opened my eyes to a whole new world haha i learned proper techniques for malfunction clearing, different shooting positions, height over bore ratio, different sorts of reloads for different situations, and tons of other things. i had a great great time and learned soooooo much. Ive already reserved a spot for their handgun course later in the month and can't wait for the advanced carbine course! I'm hooked more than ever now!

one thing i learned during the course was that i hate using a one point sling and the way its mounted currently just won't work for me. i have a franklin armory and there are qd swivel ports built into each side of the lower, i though oh perfect and attached my sling there on the left side well it made it difficult to operate my safety lever which is obviously no good. attaching it on the other side made the rifle hang awkwardly so any pointer would be great thanks guys.

href=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e36/mitchellcj58/1926926_222604527928251_1714406081_n_zps794a92d9.jpg" />
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 12:32:45 AM EDT
[#4]
looking good!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 2:09:13 AM EDT
[#5]
thank you ( ;
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top