Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2014 1:32:10 PM EDT
A few friends and I are looking into our first carbine training course, however we're located in ND which is about as far away from any of the big name trainers as it gets.  Does anyone know of any quality training going on in the upper midwest area?  We're willing to travel, roughly within a day's drive.  

My friends are interested in carbine only for the most part, but handgun would be entertained as well.

Any guidance is appreciated!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 8:56:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Max Ordinate Accademy is offering a 3 day 2 course combo in Minot on 30 May.

Here's a link to a thread I started asking about it.

link
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 7:33:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Pat McNamara is running a class in Oshkosh 17-18 May.

Info Here
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks to both of you - looks like the WI class is full though.  

I'll spend some more time looking into both.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 12:36:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Some more options, full disclosure I run 10-32 Solutions, so one of them is the carbine classes I run. I'm on the WI/MN border and frequently partner up with Milwaukee COPS to run classes down SE/WI way. However, I am able to travel to ND/SD if you've got a range and enough people for a class to make the logistics easier for you guys. Another option are the guys at Timm Training/Patrol Tactical. They are LEO's based out of central MN in the Brainerd area, and not only occasionally run their own classes but they host other instructors there as well. In the past they've had Trident Concepts, Vickers, Awerbuck, and I believe this year they've got Awerbuck again and Spaulding with Handgun Concepts.

The guys at Timm Training are LEO's that are also involved with 3-Gun and the Huldra rifles. Myself, I'm a 20-yr sworn Patrol and SWAT cop that's certified through my state DOJ as a Firearms Instructor, Active Shooter Instructor, and as a Rifle Instructor. I'm known for working with carbines amongst the LE in my area and I've also written articles on them for SWAT Magazine.

I hope either of these are of use, and even if you prefer some other form of training, let me know as I can point you in some directions for quality instructors. I believe there are AAR's for both companies here on Ar15.com. Disclosure again, one of them is one I wrote on Timm Training's Carbine course as a neutral and impartial class audit. My recommendations on them are based on my experiences with their instruction and no other reasons.

10-32 Solutions

Timm Training
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:25:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:52:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We have a Tactical Carbine & Carbine-1 Courses on June 28-29, 2014 in Princeton MN.  We also have several other courses going this summer, usually 1 to 2 per month like our Urban Tactics, Precision Rifle, etc..  

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
SLR15 Rifles
TheDefensiveEdge.com
(763) 712-0123
View Quote

Sully has a good reputation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top