Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#1]
A genuine knight. My partner and i imprinted that and also want to create it for every one of the E6s in my device and all the firearms intructors at work.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 11:12:46 PM EDT
[#2]
one of the better tales I've study up to now. no bs just the facts. along with a lesson for all of us almost all.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:02:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Finally had time to cautiously study and also soak up every one of the submit.
This particular young man is really impressive and i also get a lump in my throat after i think of everything that My partner and i must pay back guys like him. May possibly The almighty bless your pet with regard to their services.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:53:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I think his eval was pretty correct and that training would have made a large difference.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I've never tagged before, but I think this is worth it for reading later.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm more likely to need this or tires with tread on them.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#7]
tag
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 1:29:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fiver:
A fantastic read.  I know that he wanted to keep it short, but he is a good writer and given the chance I would encourage him to tell the "long" story.  Many would take the time to read no matter how long it got.

Thank you for posting that here.  
View Quote

I would love to see more of this.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:14:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TxAgArcher:
All of Paul's points are now being incorporated in the Army's Short Range Marksman course as well through out the training pipeline. I have been taught and practiced high speed mag changes since Infantry OBC along with squaring to the target and using an isosceles or modified isosceles stance. Shotting on the move, moving to cover, shooting around barriers, controlled pairs, hold off, and lethal zone hits are ingrained in you. But it's a perishable skill and with out a command that's willing to accept the risk of running the ranges that allow these skills to be maintained they are lost.

There is two kinds of shooting, the kind that allows you to qualify expert on the range and the kind that keeps you alive in combat and while they rely on the same principles of marksmanship they are very different.
View Quote
I'm set to attend the SRM course in August, and I'm very much looking forward to it.

The story quoted in the OP is inspiring as fuck, and that Marine is an example for us all.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 10:15:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for reposting that! I never would've saw it otherwise.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 10:17:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Straight up good read, and full of great points.

Thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 10:36:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Muscle memory can be a great thing when the tactics, techniques and procedures that you're muscles are memorizing are good and effective ones. But it works both ways, meaning that, for example, if you handle certain things in training in a relaxed "administrative" fashion, then you can bet your ass you will handle those things in combat the same way.

Just want to be clear on this, are you saying if you just go through the motions, you will probably be lackadaisical in training, and this would carry over to a stressful combat situation where you will make mistakes because you did not take it serious enough?

The reason I ask this about twenty years ago I was coaching baseball and during pre warmups our center fielder let one by him and he did not go after it. I had always trained them that if they missed it, they had to go after the ball like it was a game like situation because it could and will happen, and how you react, could be the difference of the runner getting to third or home. I benched him for it.

This is just not a baseball question but a life question. Anyone care to help me see this more clearly? I would like to refer to this story to support the way I teach, coach, etc. Thank you.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top