Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2017 6:57:39 PM EDT
Been a while guys. I was back home visiting my parents and attempting to convince them to move to Florida... And I noticed these "Constitutional Convention Vote No" signs in the city.

They were in the same yards as the "Re-Elect Byron Brown Mayor" signs so my guard was immediately up there.

Someone care to explain what bad things would come out of a convention? Or even what people are considering in the unlikely event it happens?

Thanks kids!
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 7:59:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Re-elect Brown...geez, they never learn, yeah, re-elect Urkel...that fucking guy...always loved when he'd show up for his pre winter visit to the snow removal garage...looked so natural in his natty suit...what an asshole.

No to the Con Con? Yes, of course teacher unions and FSA and gov employees worried about losing their resident guaranteed pension plans....
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 8:15:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that their worry? How does the State Constitution guarantee a pension?  Is that in there?

In my brief googling over the past couple hours I also see that Cuomo "expressed concern"  over that as well.

So I guess I for it?? Lol
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 8:48:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I think they are using it more as a scare tactic...the left is afraid of what might come out of one, so its easier to scare their (generally) gullible rank and file.

Plus as you said, if it is sitting next to a Re-Elect Urkel sign, that tells you all you need to know!
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:48:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top