Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2017 11:38:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 1:24:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I was just there yesterday, that water is really fucking high.  

Could be a really funny/awesome case of self defense

Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#2]
DEC is adamant there are no gators/mountain lions/wolves in NYS.  If they catch you with one, it must have been obtained out of state...
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
/mountain lions/
View Quote
They said the same thing in Connecticut:

https://www.pri.org/stories/2016-06-18/real-life-incredible-journey-one-3-year-old-mountain-lion
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 3:55:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 4:21:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Didn't Ward Stone hit a mountain lion with his car?
View Quote
the lions are around the adirondacks, maybe the catskills too but I've only heard of reputable sightings in the dacks
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:39:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Shoot, Shovel, Shut-up!
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 7:18:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 7:54:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Come on Aimless, you're a lawyer type. Most states have fine print that states, something to the effect of, if there ain't a season, it's illegal to kill it. We had this issue in TN with gators and big cats and the TWRA stated there was none in TN but if you killed one, you'd go to jail. . Now they admit we gots 'em.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 9:59:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Come on Aimless, you're a lawyer type. Most states have fine print that states, something to the effect of, if there ain't a season, it's illegal to kill it. We had this issue in TN with gators and big cats and the TWRA stated there was none in TN but if you killed one, you'd go to jail. . Now they admit we gots 'em.
http://www.newsmax.com/FastFeatures/hunting-new-york-animals/2015/05/28/id/647383
Ahhhh, but those are probably spelled out as an open season.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#11]
You must not hunt the king's wildlife.  Even if the king says he doesn't have any of those creatures.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 3:02:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 3:10:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Like feral hogs 
View Quote
yeah thats a load of bullshit, I was working on getting permission to hunt a few farms for hogs, then the state is like "nah, fuck you"
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 7:23:44 PM EDT
[#14]
So why red squirrels, is it a number thing? Around my neck of the woods the ratio of greys to reds is easily 100 to 1 if not more!
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:07:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Ga. once had elk sightings even though there are none. It later came out as a game ranch escapee. We were told we could shoot it if we had deer tags.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:59:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

the lions are around the adirondacks, maybe the catskills too but I've only heard of reputable sightings in the dacks
View Quote
I'm at the base of he Catskills, and my buddy's apple farm caught one on trail cam about three years ago. The DEC came out to "investigate."
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 9:08:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

yeah thats a load of bullshit, I was working on getting permission to hunt a few farms for hogs, then the state is like "nah, fuck you"
View Quote
This month's issue of Deer and Deer Hunting gives a scientific basis for the DEC saying no.   (In this solitary case anyway.)
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 9:36:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This month's issue of Deer and Deer Hunting gives a scientific basis for the DEC saying no.   (In this solitary case anyway.)
View Quote
Given the States stance on invasive species, I'm was surprised when they banned hunting feral swine, but them again most figure if the ignore the problem it'll go away.  
Perhaps secretly they  want the Hogs; then there's more money involved for studies, enforcement, licenses, control over Farmers raising stock, et.al.  
States like Texas, Florida, Georgia tell people to kill them all! anytime, anyplace, any amount!  There MUST BE a reason why.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#19]
They got it.

Just a lil fella. Now there will be sightings of the large, angry mother looking for its lost child, and SyFy will turn it into a movie called "Lake Dorchester".
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 2:56:18 PM EDT
[#20]
No way that's the same gator from the picture sitting on shore
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Given the States stance on invasive species, I'm was surprised when they banned hunting feral swine, but them again most figure if the ignore the problem it'll go away.  
Perhaps secretly they  want the Hogs; then there's more money involved for studies, enforcement, licenses, control over Farmers raising stock, et.al.  
States like Texas, Florida, Georgia tell people to kill them all! anytime, anyplace, any amount!  There MUST BE a reason why.  
View Quote
Just wait until they start ripping up wine country. When it gets to that, you'll see a bounty on them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:12:40 AM EDT
[#22]
I'd be interested to see if they could make it through a good hard winter. I'd think they'd need a really good den to make it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Gator number 2

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/southern-tier/2017/08/watch_2nd_alligator_captured_in_upstate_ny_river_video.html
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#24]
DEC doesn't say there are no mountain lions. They say there are no native/wild mountain lions. They say what everyone sees and gets on trail cameras are released pets.

Sure.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#25]
My wife and I vacationed in RI in early August. . the B&B owner told us a story of finding a deer carcass in her yard. . . then later, after she had left and come back, the carcass had been dragged a good distance into some bushes/trees. . .  A hunter friend of hers who took a look at the carcass said he felt sure it was killed and moved by a mountain lion--coyotes wouldn't have moved it, and only a mountain lion would be able to move a carcass that heavy. . . . . .State said no. . . 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top