Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2017 7:28:35 PM EDT
As the title says will be there in late Aug for 2 days any recommendation for things to see or eat at that are specific to that A/O.
Will be with several teenagers on school tours so no bars or clubs.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to Duff's on Sheridan Drive and Millersport between the campus's...best wings in Buffalo, IMHO...ate them for 30 years from when I discovered them in college at UB (when they were A LOT cheaper!), and got them when I had a hankering until I moved almost two years ago...first stop I made when I visited in January...

If you have the time, go to the Buffalo Naval and Servicemen's Park...see the last remaining Cleveland Class light cruiser, the Little Rock, CLG-4, the USS The Sullivans Fletcher class destroyer, and a Gato sub...lots of other neat exhibits too...
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 6:59:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah.....go downtown.

UB's primary campus is the north campus in Amherst. All residential and big box stores for miles with the occasional office complex thrown in.

Downtown you have canalside, the outer harbor, servicemans park, the arena, and riverworks all within a condensed area.

Letchworth is like an hour drive, very nice state forest.

Chestnut ridge is maybe a half hour, another nice park with some easy fun hikes....but it just got hit by a tornado. Not sure if it will be open.

Then of course there's niagara falls.

For wings, duffs and anchor bar are the tourist favorites. I think both suck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top