Anyone see this yet?

Link
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 9:00:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All over the news down here in Syracuse.  They brought the guy in for arraignment and he wasn't wearing a shirt or shoes.  Apparently he told the judge he didn't know why he was there, so I expect that he was drunk or crazy or both.
View Quote
More often that you'd believe.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
All over the news down here in Syracuse.  They brought the guy in for arraignment and he wasn't wearing a shirt or shoes.  Apparently he told the judge he didn't know why he was there, so I expect that he was drunk or crazy or both.
View Quote
Am I wrong to fear some kind of regulatory retribution by the Chain of Command to "mitigate further risk?" My CO and 1SG know I have a considerable amount of firearms (NY would consider it an "arsenal!"). I would shudder to think of the bullshit they may try to make us firearms owners go through as a result of this asshole.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 9:32:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 10:28:18 AM EDT
[#5]
More Info

He's got crazy eyes.

Any word on what kind of gun?
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Doubletap
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 6:06:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Am I wrong to fear some kind of regulatory retribution by the Chain of Command to "mitigate further risk?" My CO and 1SG know I have a considerable amount of firearms (NY would consider it an "arsenal!"). I would shudder to think of the bullshit they may try to make us firearms owners go through as a result of this asshole.
View Quote
Unless Policy has changed DoD wide, EVERYTHING that displaces a projectile from your Air-soft to M-60 has to be registered with Physical Security....They  know that once in a while someone goes off the rails and unless soldiers are headed that way, there's not a big chance of having everything confiscated or ordered for turn in....what a cluster fuck of a logistical nightmare that would be, not to mention moral, insubordination, Political interference, et.al.
Now on the other hand NYS will most certainly embrace this as the triggering mechanism for the next knee-jerk reaction for increased gun control....remember a few years back when NYS declared it illegal for felons to have muzzleloaders* after one shit-head way up North took a shot at a female Trooper when she went to round him up.

* Under the Gun Control Act of 1968 Muzzle loading arms were considered "non-guns" by BATF(E) same as Air Rifles, and guns made before 1898. Most States respected and utilize the Federal Laws and definitions in terms of guns and ammunition.  

I was five years old when that passed.....I can remember reading American Rifleman magazines left at Camp from the 60's and you could order surplus German Arms sent to your house for what we pay now for a box of ammunition.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:52:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Unless Policy has changed DoD wide, EVERYTHING that displaces a projectile from your Air-soft to M-60 has to be registered with Physical Security....They  know that once in a while someone goes off the rails and unless soldiers are headed that way, there's not a big chance of having everything confiscated or ordered for turn in....what a cluster fuck of a logistical nightmare that would be, not to mention moral, insubordination, Political interference, et.al.
Now on the other hand NYS will most certainly embrace this as the triggering mechanism for the next knee-jerk reaction for increased gun control....remember a few years back when NYS declared it illegal for felons to have muzzleloaders* after one shit-head way up North took a shot at a female Trooper when she went to round him up.

* Under the Gun Control Act of 1968 Muzzle loading arms were considered "non-guns" by BATF(E) same as Air Rifles, and guns made before 1898. Most States respected and utilize the Federal Laws and definitions in terms of guns and ammunition.  

I was five years old when that passed.....I can remember reading American Rifleman magazines left at Camp from the 60's and you could order surplus German Arms sent to your house for what we pay now for a box of ammunition.  
View Quote
Policy has changed slightly. The Provost Marshall's Office cannot mandate the registration of any firearm that is stored off-post, as long as it does not come on post.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:13:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Now on the other hand NYS will most certainly embrace this as the triggering mechanism for the next knee-jerk reaction for increased gun control....remember a few years back when NYS declared it illegal for felons to have muzzleloaders* after one shit-head way up North took a shot at a female Trooper when she went to round him up. He shot her in the upper chest and then refused the commands of the Sergeant who backed her up, she ended up shooting and killing him from where she lay in the flower bed.

View Quote
The firearm used hasn't been made an issue of as far as I have noticed, good thing too.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 2:50:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Policy has changed slightly. The Provost Marshall's Office cannot mandate the registration of any firearm that is stored off-post, as long as it does not come on post.
View Quote
Quite correct, I was focused on Post Housing.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like the guy was crazy in high school. How was he even able to go into the military?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top