Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2017 4:24:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#1]
The city is loaded with nut jobs on both sides of the fence.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 5:00:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Perp dead (self inflicted) one victim dead, others wounded
Looks like ex-employee with a grudge.
No details on weapon, just "rifle"

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/30/us/new-york-hospital-shooting/index.html
View Quote
WCBS-TV is reporting it was "an M16 type rifle".

Not possible. Assuming AR-15 pattern, they have been banned in NYC since 1991 or so. And of course Andy's SAFE Act.  Plus illegal possession of a weapon, attempted murder, etc. 
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 5:36:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#4]
In?

No, wait, this is NY hometown
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Post reporting he had a sex assault arrest in 2004, so unlikely he had NYC permits, odd that he was able to pursue MD after that, wondering if he was officially prohibited or not.

I will say, that from the sound of the radio traffic, NYPD/FDNY did a great job, went in, got victims out.  None of what happened in Orlando with vics bleeding out for hours.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Been seeing posts about it being an ugly stick.

Article at TTAG
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 6:03:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I suppose the next step will be a special session for SAFE Act II:

1) All registered MSR's except those privately owned by LEO to be turned in for destruction. Possible amnesty to turn in unregistered weapons and magazines for destruction. 

2) One feature ban. Effectively eliminating detachable magazines. 

3) Semi-auto ban. All semi's added to PL 265 as "Firearms".

4) Long arm registration. 

5) New state issued FID card. 

6) State FID card required to purchase ammo and only for calibers of owned, registered, firearms.  

7) Microstamping

8) 50 caliber ban

UPDATE:

9) Mandatory $1,000,000+ liability insurance.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 6:22:37 AM EDT
[#8]
FOX news just showed a pic of the rifle used, it has the SPUR and a 10 rd mag.  So which way is this going to push things ?
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 7:06:39 AM EDT
[#9]
New York's Times has this NYPD photo.  I am guessing fixed stock. Looks SAFE compliant right down to the 10 round magazine:

Link Posted: 7/1/2017 7:29:41 AM EDT
[#10]
No optics or irons ? Good. Prayers to the victims.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:44:52 AM EDT
[#11]
"News is nothing more than entertainment disguised as fact"
That rifle is pretty clean and new looking for one just used in a fight and self inflicted gun show wound.
Given the antics, climate, and scruples of the anti-gun government of NYC, I wouldn't for a second put it beneath someone  to supply a stock photo of a hated weapon to the media to ramp up support of legislation desired by Political factions.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 11:40:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Total Semi-auto ban in 3....2.....1.....

Told you modification to comply was a useless endeavor.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My brother,  his wife,  and their 4 day old baby took cover in a bathroom and locked the door.  I'll be getting more details tonight when they get home.
View Quote
Glad they are OK Keith
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 5:12:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Total Semi-auto ban in 3....2.....1.....

Told you modification to comply was a useless endeavor.
View Quote
Well, he only managed to shoot a few people.  If he had only had a pistol grip, who knows...
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My brother,  his wife,  and their 4 day old baby took cover in a bathroom and locked the door.  I'll be getting more details tonight when they get home.
View Quote
Is he the one I just saw on ABC Nightly News at 6:30?
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 10:35:28 PM EDT
[#18]
The AR was sold by Upstate Guns and Ammo in Schenectady. Same store that had a couple Glocks stolen. I doubt they'll be in business much longer.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 11:40:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The AR was sold by Upstate Guns and Ammo in Schenectady. Same store that had a couple Glocks stolen. I doubt they'll be in business much longer.
View Quote
Long drive to buy something he could have obtained on Long Island...shop known to not ask too many questions, like, don't you want some iron sights with this rifle?
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
I just saw that in the paper. I'll have to drive by on my way home from work and see if they are open
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:57:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
It is a shame for the business if he met all the federal and state requirements including that all glorious "NICS background check".  But knowing New York they will probably cite some top secret unpublished regulation to shut them down.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:34:32 AM EDT
[#22]
The Times Union, doin' their best reporting!

The gunman, 45-year-old Henry Bello of Manhattan, bought the AM-15 assault rifle in mid-June
View Quote
/sigh

I checked Anderson, they sell the rifle as "optics ready".

http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Bronx-hospital-shooter-legally-bought-assault-11263458.php
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 4:11:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Anything on any channels where the state police or gov't discussing the legality of the spur grip as a workaround to unSAFE?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:58:53 PM EDT
[#24]
A NYT article said it was SAFE Act compliant; which way that cuts depends entirely on your point of view.  The article was a complete piece of crap, and essentially admitted the SAFE Act was a joke (jeepers, he "got around" the magazine restriction by carrying 3 10 round magazines -- but only used one).  Many lives were saved because he did not use an optic, which is banned (news to me).

Basically, even if a rifle complies with the SAFE Act, it is still an assault rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top