Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2017 7:25:07 AM EDT
Interesting development in California's magazine ban.

Precedent against NYSAFE act?
Especially if Injunction is challenged and upheld.

At some point, this may force it to the SCOTUS?

As I read the law, California's starts out with a fine for posession, unlike NYS's immediate felony.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-large-capacity-magazines-gun-law-blocked-20170629-story.html
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 8:11:50 AM EDT
[#1]
the 9th will agree with communist members in the state.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 8:41:09 AM EDT
[#2]
The same thing happened in Peruta. The first level court says it's unconstitutional (which still gives me a smile for a few minutes). The 2nd level court of appeals via en banc will smack down this kind of thinking and 3rd level, SCOTUS won't take it. There, I just saved us all 5 years of hand wringing. Justice Thomas of SCOTUS just declared for all these judges to hear, that SCOTUS doesn't care about the 2nd amendment. These liberal judges aren't going to take that as a nose smacking with a newspaper, they're going to be even more emboldened by it and allow pretty much anything at this point. Heller effectively never happened.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 9:11:43 AM EDT
[#3]
This was also about theft of property by the government.    In NYS a parallel case would have to be started by a descendent who can't take possession of a registered magazine, which is tough because 99% of magazines weren't registered.   Still it could be done since C&R mags can be brought into NYS with 30 days to register, so if somebody has a parent that's about to pass, have them import a MG34 belt and register it, the after the death sue the state.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 10:41:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The same thing happened in Peruta. The first level court says it's unconstitutional (which still gives me a smile for a few minutes). The 2nd level court of appeals via en banc will smack down this kind of thinking and 3rd level, SCOTUS won't take it. There, I just saved us all 5 years of hand wringing. Justice Thomas of SCOTUS just declared for all these judges to hear, that SCOTUS doesn't care about the 2nd amendment. These liberal judges aren't going to take that as a nose smacking with a newspaper, they're going to be even more emboldened by it and allow pretty much anything at this point. Heller effectively never happened.
View Quote
What is the deal with the part in red, I don't recall hearing anything about that....
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This was also about theft of property by the government.  
View Quote
Bingo.  My single greatest gripe (and I have many) about FUAC's bullshit law.  If I ever get arrested for possession of my personal property, I will make damn sure there will be a victorious supreme court case with my name on it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What is the deal with the part in red, I don't recall hearing anything about that....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The dissent earlier in the week for the denial of cert for Peruta.  Thomas and Gorsuch let it be known where people stand.  Previously it was Thomas and Scalia writing blistering dissents.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 12:04:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bingo.  My single greatest gripe (and I have many) about FUAC's bullshit law.  If I ever get arrested for possession of my personal property, I will make damn sure there will be a victorious supreme court case with my name on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This was also about theft of property by the government.  
Said this many times.  Not only was our rightfully owned property stolen, we acquired that property in a market artificially created by the NYS government which carried inflated prices.  The part that sickens me the most is that if you followed the rules on how to attach a muzzle device your only course of action to retain your property would be to register, lest you DESTROY your property.  To ban a muzzle device that was previously required to be permanently attached is BS.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 1:16:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Said this many times.  Not only was our rightfully owned property stolen, we acquired that property in a market artificially created by the NYS government which carried inflated prices.  The part that sickens me the most is that if you followed the rules on how to attach a muzzle device your only course of action to retain your property would be to register, lest you DESTROY your property.  To ban a muzzle device that was previously required to be permanently attached is BS.
View Quote
Agreed 100%.  Don't forget the sky high prices we paid for legal "pre-ban" 10+ magazines, only to have them deemed worthless with the stroke of the cocksucker's pen.  "Sell it out of state" to Whom?  At how much of a loss?  FUAC.  Go suck satan's dick in hell you POS.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 2:10:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I suggest printing all 66 pages of this injunction on heavy cardstock and depositing in Skretney's rectum to provide a remedial constitutional refresher.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Better chance of seeing ethics reform and term limits in NY than un-SAFE being overturned or a return to standard capacity mags.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Not gonna do anything, or affect us at all here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top