Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2017 4:58:50 PM EDT
Are they going out of business?  I tried to pop in around 10:30 on Saturday and the lights were off and the door was locked but hours were posted saying they would be open.  Looked in the window and looks like they don't have any guns on the shelf.  Someone else showed up, said he had talked to them a few days before, and that they said they'd be open.  Also said they didn't have any pistols either.  Anyone got the low down?
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:59:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Post removed.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 6:11:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I was in the Schenectady area back in March so I stopped by at T&V and sadly it was like walking into a morgue. All of the guns had been removed. I spoke with the store owner, Pat, and he advised me that he had to "temporarily" transfer his firearms inventory to some other local FFL until he is able to resolve some issue with the ATF. He didn't offer any specifics or details (and I didn't question him) but he gave me the impression it was not a big deal and he hoped to be able to sell guns again in a month or two.

Based on the OP's recent visit, it appears that a quick and happy ending may not be in the cards. And that's a shame. I first went to Taylor & Vadney more than thirty-five years ago when they were located on Central Avenue in Albany.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 11:56:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was in the Schenectady area back in March so I stopped by at T&V and sadly it was like walking into a morgue. All of the guns had been removed. I spoke with the store owner, Pat, and he advised me that he had to "temporarily" transfer his firearms inventory to some other local FFL until he is able to resolve some issue with the ATF. He didn't offer any specifics or details (and I didn't question him) but he gave me the impression it was not a big deal and he hoped to be able to sell guns again in a month or two.

Based on the OP's recent visit, it appears that a quick and happy ending may not be in the cards. And that's a shame. I first went to Taylor & Vadney more than thirty-five years ago when they were located on Central Avenue in Albany.
View Quote
Don't waste your time even if they get their license back.

It is very well known and I mean very well known in the area not to go there and buy anything from those thieves.

It has always been a ghost town in there even when he did have firearms for sale.

There are plenty of other gun shops in this area and I would avoid that place at all costs.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:38:02 AM EDT
[#4]
While I know what people are saying about T&V you need to remember that they serve the city and the various folks that prance in there, however my experience there is a bit different. A while ago I drove around to all the shops in the region looking for a particular gun and found that they were the cheapest, so I bought my gun there. I also know of a nearby gun store that sells accessories more expensive that T&V. Of course buying stuff online is always cheaper but we need to support our local gun stores when we can. I hope he can resolve his problems and get back to business.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
While I know what people are saying about T&V you need to remember that they serve the city and the various folks that prance in there, however my experience there is a bit different. A while ago I drove around to all the shops in the region looking for a particular gun and found that they were the cheapest, so I bought my gun there. I also know of a nearby gun store that sells accessories more expensive that T&V. Of course buying stuff online is always cheaper but we need to support our local gun stores when we can. I hope he can resolve his problems and get back to business.
View Quote
Good for you but I'll pass on everything you said.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 1:26:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I heard he lost his FFL a while ago.  

I scored some **great** stuff there but only because Pat had no idea what he had but was arrogant enough to think he did.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 4:25:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I heard he lost his FFL a while ago.  

I scored some **great** stuff there but only because Pat had no idea what he had but was arrogant enough to think he did.
View Quote
Funny, I have had that same exact experience.  Long story short he tried to fuck me on a price and ended up letting a colt aluminum stock with 2 position tube go for $75.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top