Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2017 8:51:57 PM EDT
anyone feel any pride in having Trump as our president?  He's turning out to be pretty conservative, no B.S. and the kicker is he's NYC born and raised.  Just about every free state loves him.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I think he is doing a good job so far, especially considering what he has to fight against constantly.

I really think the reason he didn't run for Governor against the shitbag was he already had people whispering in his ear about running for POTUS, and he weighed the two, and decided to go with  POTUS, to the detriment of NY, but to the good of the country.

There are going to be the haters, for whom Trump could develop a cure for all cancers, and he'd still be an asshole to them...some of them right here on this very site...they can go piss up a rope.

He isn't perfect, but, damnit, he is trying, unlike just about every other elected piece of crap.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:09:34 AM EDT
[#2]
if trump came up with a cure for cancer at this point the liberal democrats and some republicans too would have a headline reading "trump puts dr's out of work"
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:17:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Trump is far better than the alternative.

However, he could do more.  He could start by adopting proposed changes (by ATF even!) that gets rid of "assault rifle" and "sporting purposes" rubbish.

And I want to see SAFE destroyed.   If Trump doesn't accomplish it by the end of the first term I have no use for him.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:27:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
He's turning out to be pretty conservative
View Quote

Wait, wut?

Look, I want to see the President improve our country in many ways, but he is by no stretch of the imagination "conservative".  One would have to turn a blind eye or two to the way actual Conservatives have been politically attacked by Trump both before and after the election to believe that.

I do wish him well, but take no pride in him being from NYC or moving the political needle just left of center. The values and politics of NYC are bad enough for the state, let alone the whole country.  Trump is Trump, a wealthy, high profile reality show personality who understood exactly how to take and manipulate the political pulse of the country in order to win.  At this point, I doubt that any non-gazillionaire could ever be elected POTUS and have to wonder if the country is right back to where it started when we are now "represented" by an elite ruling class dominated by motivations of political self-preservation and financial gains.  Term limits anyone?

Trump has some big promises left to keep and I'm not holding my breath.  Obamacare is a colossal failing disaster and yet the best a complete GOP leadership can do is to repackage this mess into another government-run fiasco instead of an outright repeal?  Ridiculous.  Deficit reduction?  Nope, he wants to spend as much as Obama.  What about oversight?  Strike three.  Chaffetz is resigning his post because the stonewalling for information is even worse than it was under Barry.  Clinton emails, IRS scandal, Fast & Furious...all being held up by the Trump administration.  I thought he promised Clinton, "You'd be in jail."

Sorry fellas, but I remember all too well when Trump refused to back Astorino after no one would gift wrap the nomination for him.  Trump is motivated by personal gains in power, wealth and influence, not by conservative principals.  I certainly want him to succeed as POTUS, but Trump leading as a "conservative" is as likely as Trump turning off Twitter.

Chaffetz interview
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:19:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wait, wut?

Look, I want to see the President improve our country in many ways, but he is by no stretch of the imagination "conservative".  One would have to turn a blind eye or two to the way actual Conservatives have been politically attacked by Trump both before and after the election to believe that.

I do wish him well, but take no pride in him being from NYC or moving the political needle just left of center. The values and politics of NYC are bad enough for the state, let alone the whole country.  Trump is Trump, a wealthy, high profile reality show personality who understood exactly how to take and manipulate the political pulse of the country in order to win.  At this point, I doubt that any non-gazillionaire could ever be elected POTUS and have to wonder if the country is right back to where it started when we are now "represented" by an elite ruling class dominated by motivations of political self-preservation and financial gains.  Term limits anyone?

Trump has some big promises left to keep and I'm not holding my breath.  Obamacare is a colossal failing disaster and yet the best a complete GOP leadership can do is to repackage this mess into another government-run fiasco instead of an outright repeal?  Ridiculous.  Deficit reduction?  Nope, he wants to spend as much as Obama.  What about oversight?  Strike three.  Chaffetz is resigning his post because the stonewalling for information is even worse than it was under Barry.  Clinton emails, IRS scandal, Fast & Furious...all being held up by the Trump administration.  I thought he promised Clinton, "You'd be in jail."

Sorry fellas, but I remember all too well when Trump refused to back Astorino after no one would gift wrap the nomination for him.  Trump is motivated by personal gains in power, wealth and influence, not by conservative principals.  I certainly want him to succeed as POTUS, but Trump leading as a "conservative" is as likely as Trump turning off Twitter.

Chaffetz interview
View Quote
You are correct, sorry I overlooked those points as I've been used to the same old liberalism for 8 years.  It is too early to tell so far but with all the regulation he's putting on hold, the pipeline backing, his support for the NRA as well as some of his conservative cabinet and judicial picks are getting my hopes up.

I know astorino will make a second run and this time I believe/hope the trump family will throw their weight behind him.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:23:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Trump is far better than the alternative.

However, he could do more.  He could start by adopting proposed changes (by ATF even!) that gets rid of "assault rifle" and "sporting purposes" rubbish.

And I want to see SAFE destroyed.   If Trump doesn't accomplish it by the end of the first term I have no use for him.
View Quote
Trump may not deliver 100% of what republicans / conservatives want, he may infact only deliver 20%, but it's still 120% more than what Hillary would deliver.

He replaced Scalia with Gorsuch, who by all accounts should be a good judge.  We would no doubt be looking at a 5 - 4 left leaning court if Hillary was elected.  If Trump gets 1 - 2 more SCOTUS judge picks I'll be over the moon.  Even if Trump is a 1 term and done president he's stopped an ideological turn on the court for awhile.

My best guess, gun laws may stay status quo federally, but we won't see any foot stomping pouty press conferences from the rose garden (although it was glorious to watch) about how expanded background checks failed to get passed.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:34:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Trump is awesome.

Fuck the haters.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:39:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Something to keep in mind is that no one Branch of the Government can "do it all" and DJT has a significant handicap: The Democrats in the House and Senate hate and diametrically oppose ANYTHING he says or does, Most of the Republicans treat him like a red-headed step child, half the Supreme Court, and all the lower Courts back stab him....the whole fucking thing smacks of "Caddy Shack" and yet he not only survives, but thrives!
The Office of the President holds a great deal of power, but isn't the end-all to our Republic, sadly most have no clue how Laws are made or the Government is operated.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top