Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2017 2:45:57 PM EDT
The event a couple days ago in VA surely opened some eyes on Capitol Hill.

TO: ALL SCOPE MEMBERS STATEWIDE: THIS IS AN URGENT NOTIFICATION FROM MAX
TRESMOND, SCOPE GENERAL COUNSEL TO ALL SCOPE MEMBERS:

A recent development happened after last night's Erie County SCOPE meeting. Rep. Collins has expressed a willingness to move the Second Amendment Guarantee Act (SAGA) proposed by SCOPE forward to enactment. Please make calls to his office at 716-634-2324 (Buffalo) and 202-225-5265 (Washington, D.C.) Ask for his support, and tell him that we, in turn, will support him.

SAGA would be a Federal Law that would use the due process clause of the of the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution to repeal the unconstitutional SAFE Act.

We must take this direction to destroy Cuomo's SAFE Act. The New York State Legislature is too corrupt to accomplish repeal.
PLEASE MAKE YOUR CALLS NOW!!!

Frank J. Panasuk
S.C.O.P.E. BOD Member at Large
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Right, good luck with that.  The morons in Congress can't pass the HPA or concealed carry reciprocity and you expect this to go somewhere?
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Right, good luck with that.  The morons in Congress can't pass the HPA or concealed carry reciprocity and you expect this to go somewhere?
View Quote
I would certainly hope for the best, but unfortunately.....He's right you know /|\
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 7:33:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 6:56:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Exactly. Same thing that happens here in New York. Republicans talk up gun owners about all they will do for them if they just help the Republicans get elected. Then they promptly forget about them. 

I get the feeling the NRA will be getting a case of buyers remorse in the not too distant future. 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:13:02 AM EDT
[#5]
While I applaud the intent and premise of Representative Collins, history and precedence has clearly shown that there's a snow-balls chance in Hell of anything materializing.
What many fail to realize and is capitalized upon by candidates is that they  really do not change anything; senior Leadership may string junior members Bills along as a form of patronization, but unless there is a ground swell of demand across the isles, then it just won't happen....I laugh every time I hear a candidate proclaim "When I'm elected I'm going to cut taxes/reform XXX, et.al" knowing damn well about the best they can do is introduce (with the Speaker's blessing) some form of Legislation, they might be forwarded to some committee (which is great for them because there are stipends for Chairmanship) only to be Tabled or dragged out until its forgotten about.
Here in NYS the ASSembly (which is Democrat run) will pass anything anti-gun, while the Senate typically won't....can you envision where this is going? and realize the money, power, and influence envolved behind the curtain?    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top