Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2017 7:40:00 AM EDT
Being realistic (i.e., no FA lowers if you don't have $10k's available), what would you build if there were no SAFE Act and all NFA options were available to us.

Mine would be a suppressed MK18 (semi-auto, obviously):
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:21:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I've always wanted a real 9mm MP5 clone. It urks me knowing that they now have Turkish imports available for not too much money and I can't get one. There's a very real chance that they won't be imported forever with the way their government is going, so I'm probably going to miss out. Again.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:25:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Probably just a suppressor on a Plain Jane M4.  

Not crazy about all the new stuff.

Oh, and optics, I love optics but we can get that anyways.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:25:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Something short barrel. Or maybe a SBS to carry in the car.

Or maybe an AR pistol with a beta mag. something stupid like that.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've always wanted a real 9mm MP5 clone. It urks me knowing that they now have Turkish imports available for not too much money and I can't get one. There's a very real chance that they won't be imported forever with the way their government is going, so I'm probably going to miss out. Again.
View Quote
After shooting an SBR MP5 in SC on FA, I'd have to say it was fun, but I think next time I'm going with something bigger like an AK. Don't get me wrong, the MP5 was a great gun to shoot, but personally I'll stick with full size rifles.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, I am glad I got my Zenith when I did. It shoots very nice, especially suppressed. It's very funny shooting it at 200 yards at Calverton. It takes the round so long to get there you can actually put the gun down and wait for impact..
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Tommy Gun
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 6:14:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Suppressors then a SBR
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 6:35:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Ever since Stargate I have found the FN P90 to an interesting weapon. There are some interesting YouTube videos on them. 
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 9:00:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yes, I am glad I got my Zenith when I did. It shoots very nice, especially suppressed. It's very funny shooting it at 200 yards at Calverton. It takes the round so long to get there you can actually put the gun down and wait for impact..
https://s12.postimg.org/6bxp0pp19/MP5.jpg
View Quote
I think it's wacky that I never used to see NFA items at the gun stores on Long Island, and now all within the last year, I see tons of it at all the stores in a state where no one can buy them. Do you guys actually do a lot of law enforcement sales of this stuff?
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:59:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I think it's wacky that I never used to see NFA items at the gun stores on Long Island, and now all within the last year, I see tons of it at all the stores in a state where no one can buy them. Do you guys actually do a lot of law enforcement sales of this stuff?
View Quote
I'm the end user, not a dealer. the part I didn't white out is where it came from. those are my personal guns..
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Open carry MP5SD.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 7:33:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Tommy Gun
View Quote
Made By Savage Arms, Utica, NY  
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:48:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I moved last year and had visions of a shopping spree- in the end only thing I did was buy a whole bunch of full cap mags. Nice I do in the future have the option of anything I want though. I could see a suppressor in my future. I have always tended toward old classics and am kind of in black gun burn out. I have toyed with the idea of a Colt 9mm carbine ( sold one after the safe act debacle) and it would be nice for shooting pcc category in the uspsa matches they hold here every week
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 9:49:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm the end user, not a dealer. the part I didn't white out is where it came from. those are my personal guns..
View Quote
So you own via your Peace Officer Status as an individual?
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 12:53:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So you own via your Peace Officer Status as an individual?
View Quote
correct
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top