Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2017 9:50:21 AM EDT
Came here a few months ago to help my sister take care of our mother.  I literally spent the last few hours trying to come up with ONE redeeming quality for this shithole and I'm not able to.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:37:49 AM EDT
[#2]
The one redeeming quality is you can move back out.  On the other hand, I am well established here and not too easy to move out.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#3]
We've got great food and bars.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#4]
CSB!
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:32:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes  NY is pretty sad to say the least... Be lucky you can move out.. most people i see up there just get depressed and lose hope. I hate it when i have to go back every month to check on my house...

I cant wait until next year all three of my kids will be out of that shitehole.. I'm hoping i can sell my house than and never look back at that rat race...

Ill ensure more liberals move to NY and stay the hell out of the south.

They can keep that shite hole for themselves until it implodes like Detroit did.

Than they can place the liberals on the liberty tree and start fresh again.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 7:54:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Really? Not one? You aren't trying too hard....

While I hate the state's liberals, and the government, and all the fake reps who talk big and haven't done shit, and that fucking hump Andy Cuomo, and his asshole sidekick Schneiderman with a white passion...

Its a beautiful state, the not liberals are great people, the trout streams are amazing...there is plenty there that makes it great, but enough that makes it suck I left.

I hope lots and lots more people leave too...

I want to see the state collapse.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Came here a few months ago to help my sister take care of our mother.  I literally spent the last few hours trying to come up with ONE redeeming quality for this shithole and I'm not able to.
View Quote

.....you're from fucking Idaho. Take it easy.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 8:18:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

While I hate the state's liberals, and the government, and all the fake reps who talk big and haven't done shit, and that fucking hump Andy Cuomo, and his asshole sidekick Schneiderman with a white passion...

Its a beautiful state, the not liberals are great people, the trout streams are amazing...there is plenty there that makes it great, but enough that makes it suck I left.

View Quote
I'm with you I hope this state collapses and I get see it while I'm still alive. There is help on the way to help accelerate the decline. "Free college tuition" starting in June 2017.

Edit spelling
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm with you I hope this state collapse and I get see it while I'm still alive. There is help on the way to help accelerate the decline. "Free college tuition" starting in June 2017.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm with you I hope this state collapse and I get see it while I'm still alive. There is help on the way to help accelerate the decline. "Free college tuition" starting in June 2017.
You know how that easy access to education really ruins places. I remember back before high school was free, the world was a better place
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You know how that easy access to education really ruins places. I remember back before high school was free, the world was a better place
View Quote
Ha! I remember when the CUNY system was the cost of a library card so I'm told. Point of interest the City College of New York is the only public university to have 8 noble prize winners and is the only college basketball team in history to win the NCAA/NIT in the same year.

So much for the great state of NY.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:24:37 PM EDT
[#11]
It was a bit wet today but otherwise a great week. I've enjoyed being able to sit on my porch at dusk without bugs eating me up, enjoying just being where I am in life and otherwise. But hey, it's easy to knock N.Y. on this forum. We see it all the time. If you want to see everything as a glass half empty, knock yourself out. I refuse to wallow in your contempt
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:53:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Have you been to the Adirondacks?  I've backpacked and canoed there for days and not seen another soul.  that park is bigger than Glacier, bigger than Yellowstone, bigger than the Canyon - combined.
In the Catskills, the Devils Path is rated as one of the hardest hiking trails in the nation by elevation gain and loss. and the views are fantastic.
Army football in the fall. There's nothing like tailgating in Soldier Field, walking up the hill to the stadium and watching the troops skydive in with the game ball.
When the leaves change, there isn't a more beautiful place on earth.
Oh, and i get to hunt 8 months a year, no lottery system here like out west.

NY is chained down by a big city.  Separate the city and its cost from the rest of the state and we'd be doing pretty well. Who knows, maybe that will happen some day.
Get out there and see the state. Sounds like you are trapped in nyc.  get out and see the state while you are here.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 12:12:58 AM EDT
[#13]
I AM HERE , AT  LEAST FOR A WHILE ---THAT'S REDEEMING ENOUGH FOR ME AND THE FAMILY , THOUGH ONE KID MOVED TO NORTH CAROLINA
AT LEAST YOU CAN LEAVE AND GO BACK TO AMERICA -- I AM STUCK HERE FOR A FEW MORE YEARS
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 8:25:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Dude, go get a slice of pizza, and a REAL fugging bagel.

Those two items blow darts in Idaho!
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:01:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah... That sounds about right
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Redeeming qualities?

Local corn
Apple season
Maple syrup
Fishing
I don't have very many interactions with kookie sovereign citizens...
Or wolves.
Practically three months of deer season

Birthplace of arfcom

I can go on, but I think you get it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#17]
the states government sucks and the liberals suck, everything else is pretty fucking awesome dude.  

I honestly don't consider you to be worth much effort so I'm not even going to bother listing a few quick things that are great about this state it won't matter to you because you'll be back to shucking potatoes soon enough anyways.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Vehicle registration is quite cheap, too bad the insurance isn't.
Our gas is now cheaper than PA. (But only because of bigger retards in PA.)

So, yea, I guess as other states go full retard, we don't look as bad. 

The finger lakes area is beautiful, too bad very few businesses can do well here.  Will be interesting to see how long the new Hate Chicken in Greece will last before they get sick of the shit.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

.....you're from fucking Idaho. Take it easy.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 4:04:40 PM EDT
[#20]
We may hate this state but it is OUR STATE . As the old family saying went, he may be an SOB but he is our SOB 
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#21]
The OP is right - Regardless of how nice some of the NY land is - What good is it if you are not free.

I sold all my land in NY Own a home in a free state - not looking back - its all scorched earth (politically speaking)

I noticed NY State celebrated Memorial Day by convicting a vet for possession of a Hi Cap Mag - Perhaps He was staying to enjoy the outdoors but  now he's in jail.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 5:38:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
This. New York is a beautiful state. Fucking commies have ruined it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#23]
I escaped from NY 25 years ago but I still have a place in Honoeye that I go to every Summer.  I was born and raised in Rochester and have to admit that upstate and the finger lakes are beautiful in the summer. I DO NOT miss the winters.  I love the food and the wine and especially Honoeye  lake, but the taxes that I am paying in NY are 5 times are was I am paying on my house in Las Vegas.  Nevada also is a free state and we have none of the stupidity of the SAFE act. We have no handgun registration and Machine Guns, SBR's and Suppressors are very big in the desert. However Car registration and insurance are CRAZY expensive in Nevada, and because of California, our gas prices are high also. Small prices to pay for the freedoms we enjoy though. When I visit NY it is great to see all my family and friends but I could never go back full time again. I really miss all my toys and get homesick very quickly for the desert. We are getting completely out of NY as I cannot afford the taxes any more. When I visit this year I will start selling a lot of stuff  to get the ball going on my final escape from behind enemy lines.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:23:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Derp derp derp derp derp. How about a little more info, like what area exactly are you staying ?
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 4:19:08 PM EDT
[#25]
well he was just voicing his opinion, some of you took it personal and went on the attack.... just another reason for the rest of the country to hate new york/ new Yorkers...
ever scroll through the other hometown forums? know what the difference is? most of you are miserable living there and it shows.  I know, I used to whine like a baby when I lived there.  I havent been gone a year yet, and it already feels like a lifetime.  
yeh most of New York is beautiful...  lakes, rivers, deer , turkey...  wait I have that all here.... and it's beautiful here almost year round. and the best thing is, people are not miserable.
will I come back to NY?  probably never "just to visit" ,  for me I was unhappy the last 25 years I spent in NY freezing my ass off... it's like getting out of Prison... why would I volunteer to go back?
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#26]
He's lucky he didn't get banned from the NYHTF. I few years ago I stopped by the California HTF to voice my concern something to do about bear hunting with a knife. Someone bitched that I shitted on their forum complained and the mods banned me from the CAHTF.  The Mods did me a favor.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:17:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Long Island beaches for surf fishing, upstate mountains for Hunting, Shooting, riding quads/dirt bikes /Snowmobiles & NYC for earning a living. Living here was very good until recently.

Commies & Gun laws are why I hate NY, both have recently (The last 20years) gotten out of control, the Last 5 years have been Awful for the constitution in NY.
Funny thing is it's not us native NYers fault, immigration from the 3rd world & all the out of state transplanted hipster assholes have sealed NYs fate, there are no more NYers left in NY!
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 6:48:41 PM EDT
[#29]
With less than a year until I max out I have been doing real estate recon, I can afford nearly three times the house almost anywhere else and pay the same or less than I do now. It's sickening how much money we give away.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 8:29:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
With less than a year until I max out I have been doing real estate recon, I can afford nearly three times the house almost anywhere else and pay the same or less than I do now. It's sickening how much money we give away.
View Quote
The kicker is you really dont need a huge house either even if you can afford it.. Living in the free state makes it all worth wild.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 9:35:33 PM EDT
[#31]
OP took out his broad brush for this one. Yeah the guns laws suck but there are still some greats places in upstate NY.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 4:13:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Thread title is a personal attack on me. Reported.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 6:56:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 7:54:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
well he was just voicing his opinion, some of you took it personal and went on the attack.... just another reason for the rest of the country to hate new york/ new Yorkers...
ever scroll through the other hometown forums? know what the difference is? most of you are miserable living there and it shows.  I know, I used to whine like a baby when I lived there.  I havent been gone a year yet, and it already feels like a lifetime.  
yeh most of New York is beautiful...  lakes, rivers, deer , turkey...  wait I have that all here.... and it's beautiful here almost year round. and the best thing is, people are not miserable.
will I come back to NY?  probably never "just to visit" ,  for me I was unhappy the last 25 years I spent in NY freezing my ass off... it's like getting out of Prison... why would I volunteer to go back?
View Quote
If I visited his state and didn't care for it I wouldn't go to his htf and take a giant steaming dump in there.    If you are so happy in your state why don't you piss off back to your own htf and let us be miserable on our own.  NY state laws suck we get it, the htf is about as much fun as a morgue we get it
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 9:07:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Snow and mean cops make you tough and smart, evolution in action. Go check out some free state like Ohio. No evolutionary pressure, like Australia, bunch of weirdo platypus dudes in Ohio.
View Quote
We be like...

Link Posted: 6/5/2017 9:50:53 AM EDT
[#36]
hahahaha
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Can't find one redeeming quality?  Man, how hard did you look?  

Here's one: Brewery Ommegang.  

Idaho?  Never heard of her.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 5:42:14 AM EDT
[#38]
From what I have heard Idaho is quickly becoming California East, don't be so quick to judge.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#39]
I escaped last year to free America. Do miss my friends and there are areas of scenic outdoor beauty for sure. It seems otherwise as another poster mentioned a lifetime ago. The freedom from political oppression the weather the taxes the costly gas etc has been liberating to say the least. I feel for those still behind the lines but everyone has the opportunity sooner or later to move out.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Funny thing is it's not us native NYers fault, immigration from the 3rd world & all the out of state transplanted hipster assholes have sealed NYs fate, there are no more NYers left in NY!
View Quote
There's still a few of us here with families that have been here for a couple centuries that aren't too smart (yet).
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Snow and mean cops make you tough and smart, evolution in action. Go check out some free state like Ohio. No evolutionary pressure, like Australia, bunch of weirdo platypus dudes in Ohio.
View Quote
And really sketchy drivers. 
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
There's still a few of us here with families that have been here for a couple centuries that aren't too smart (yet).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel more at home in Ontario county than I did in NJ.  Been here more than half my life now.  Though living like a gay man in a muslim country is wearing thin. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top