BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:01:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:49:48 PM EDT
[#2]
No way this thing passes muster.. It's not even a clever attempt like an MR2.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 1:49:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:55:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ordered and received one last week, I haven't had a minute to actually see how it works on a stripped lower yet.
Before I potentially use it on a compliant build, I want to understand it intimately. I figured it was worth the $50 to see it in hand.

I will probably put together a stripped lower using this to figure it out, and will post up pics as I do. Might be a week or two, I'm kinda busy, and this is a back burner thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh boy, it looks like that's exactly what blue70chevelle described. Just a spring that pushes the bolt catch up constantly. So hold the catch down and you're back to traditional semi auto.
Unless that's not correct in some non-apparent way, there's no way I would consider this compliant, it seems analogous to saying that a machine gun is only full auto if you hold the trigger down.
I ordered and received one last week, I haven't had a minute to actually see how it works on a stripped lower yet.
Before I potentially use it on a compliant build, I want to understand it intimately. I figured it was worth the $50 to see it in hand.

I will probably put together a stripped lower using this to figure it out, and will post up pics as I do. Might be a week or two, I'm kinda busy, and this is a back burner thing.
Huh?  It's a spring that pushes the BHO up every stop, that's all.  No special magic.  You can hold the BHO open with it installed and you're back to semi auto.  It's no different than the magazine follower lifting the BHO after every shot.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:35:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Even if you hold it down it's still not semiauto by definition.  A semiauto extract and loads itself after the press of the trigger without the shooters involvement.  A "Manual Loading" firearm by definition is when the shooter after firing a shot must do something or operate something on the firearm to load the next round into the chamber.  In this case, the shooter is either pressing the bolt catch each and every time or holding it down.  Either way the shooter is doing something to load the next round.  The shooter is not just pressing the trigger as it is on a semiauto.  If you fired a semiauto with one hand only, you can fire as many rounds as what is in the magazine just by pressing the trigger.  You cannot do that with an AR that has a Modified Bolt Catch.  You will only be able to fire one round if all you do is press the trigger.

Manual Loading Firearm Definition
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:26:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 1:41:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I invented this about 3 years ago and posted it on Arfcom.

No claim to any money; good to this guy for following through on building it.

It's a great work around, but after the inevitable civil war, I hope upstate NY is still in the USA, not the People's Democratic City-State of Boswash.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 1:48:07 PM EDT
[#9]
So I'm 100% guarenteed to not be arrested and prosecuted by Gunlearner.com.  

What about NYS's "definition?"
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 10:31:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

"it's scary and illegal"
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No, they will not.
View Quote
They can't, not a regulatory body (there were a few arbitrary recommendations but none carry real weight). Every decision in NYS is based upon case law.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:12:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's a great work around, but after the inevitable civil war, I hope upstate NY is still in the USA, not the People's Democratic City-State of Boswash.
View Quote
The question is who will be the USA?  Will it be the south and central United States, sans Illinois, (pretty much the "free" states) or will it be the Northeast, Illinois and California? With Virginia becoming more blue every day, and DC a lost cause, the capitol of the United States will basically be in blue territory (surrounded by VA, MD and DE from a distance).

Frankly if there were to be a future civil war, and that I highly doubt, I think it would not be along clearly defined geographic lines like the first Civil War but more of an insurgency like Syria or Iraq with fighting between the left and right in the cities and suburbs.  Granted there are areas of the country where the left far outnumber the right and vice-versa.  But it does not take a lot of people on either side to make it a real quagmire for the majority in a particular area.  Right wing people can definitely make a mess of New York City, Boston, Hartford, etc. and likewise, leftists can make a mess of Charlotte, Atlanta, Dallas, etc.

I am 55 now so all of this will be an academic exercise for me from the sidelines should it come to fruition years down the road.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:38:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The question is who will be the USA?  Will it be the south and central United States, sans Illinois, (pretty much the "free" states) or will it be the Northeast, Illinois and California? With Virginia becoming more blue every day, and DC a lost cause, the capitol of the United States will basically be in blue territory (surrounded by VA, MD and DE from a distance).

Frankly if there were to be a future civil war, and that I highly doubt, I think it would not be along clearly defined geographic lines like the first Civil War but more of an insurgency like Syria or Iraq with fighting between the left and right in the cities and suburbs.  Granted there are areas of the country where the left far outnumber the right and vice-versa.  But it does not take a lot of people on either side to make it a real quagmire for the majority in a particular area.  Right wing people can definitely make a mess of New York City, Boston, Hartford, etc. and likewise, leftists can make a mess of Charlotte, Atlanta, Dallas, etc.

I am 55 now so all of this will be an academic exercise for me from the sidelines should it come to fruition years down the road.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I am 65, and its not as far away as we might hope and as you think.  Cyclic studies show a breakup within the next 20 years. Google Martin Armstrong.

My point was that leftists are concentrated in the cities, not the rural areas, so what can they control? Boston to Washington, maybe Westchester and Rockland counties, eastern Massachusetts, Delaware and Maryland, parts of NJ and Philadelphia region...

So, i think the split will become geographical, hopefully by negotiation, not war, but look at the Ukraine. Given a choice, the majority is always wrong.

One excerpt from Armstrong:

There are two types of waves on the 224 Year Cycle – the Collapsing Wave and the Protracted Wave.

It appears that the USA is in the Collapsing Wave formation meaning that the 224 year runs from the birth to the peak with the total duration running minimum 296 years with the optimum being 309.6 years meaning the society splits and does not remain intact.

A Protracted Wave is a society view where the wave is measured peak to peak totaling 224 years.

The second Protracted Wave formation is where governments come and go, but society survives and reforms remaining intact. In the Collapsing Wave structure where it is 224 year from birth to peak, the overall duration appears to be is 296-309 years. for the conclusion whereby society breaks apart and fragmentation emerges..

In the case of Rome, 309 years from the assassination of Julius Caesar in 44BC is 265AD where Rome broke apart and the Gallic Empire emerged under Postumus (259-268AD).

This Collapsing Wave structure that the United States appears to be in means it is a one-time-wonder and that the United States will break-up and the there will be no more “united” union. This is becoming self-evidence in the polarization of politics with tremendous differences in culture on a regional basis.

The Obamacare is just one aspect revealing the undercurrent whereby one segment of society believes it has a right to force their views upon another group.

So unfortunately, the USA does not appear to be destined to remain intact otherwise we would have seen and overall structured wave of 224 years.

We seem to be in the Collapsing Wave with the 224 years was from birth to peak with an overall duration of 309.6 years at best.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am 65, and its not as far away as we might hope and as you think.  Cyclic studies show a breakup within the next 20 years. Google Martin Armstrong.

My point was that leftists are concentrated in the cities, not the rural areas, so what can they control? Boston to Washington, maybe Westchester and Rockland counties, eastern Massachusetts, Delaware and Maryland, parts of NJ and Philadelphia region...

So, i think the split will become geographical, hopefully by negotiation, not war, but look at the Ukraine. Given a choice, the majority is always wrong.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are two types of waves on the 224 Year Cycle – the Collapsing Wave and the Protracted Wave.

It appears that the USA is in the Collapsing Wave formation meaning that the 224 year runs from the birth to the peak with the total duration running minimum 296 years with the optimum being 309.6 years meaning the society splits and does not remain intact.

A Protracted Wave is a society view where the wave is measured peak to peak totaling 224 years.

The second Protracted Wave formation is where governments come and go, but society survives and reforms remaining intact. In the Collapsing Wave structure where it is 224 year from birth to peak, the overall duration appears to be is 296-309 years. for the conclusion whereby society breaks apart and fragmentation emerges..

In the case of Rome, 309 years from the assassination of Julius Caesar in 44BC is 265AD where Rome broke apart and the Gallic Empire emerged under Postumus (259-268AD).

This Collapsing Wave structure that the United States appears to be in means it is a one-time-wonder and that the United States will break-up and the there will be no more “united” union. This is becoming self-evidence in the polarization of politics with tremendous differences in culture on a regional basis.

The Obamacare is just one aspect revealing the undercurrent whereby one segment of society believes it has a right to force their views upon another group.

So unfortunately, the USA does not appear to be destined to remain intact otherwise we would have seen and overall structured wave of 224 years.

We seem to be in the Collapsing Wave with the 224 years was from birth to peak with an overall duration of 309.6 years at best.
Fascinating.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top