Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2017 10:18:59 AM EDT
Has anybody else seen about this? It's supposed to work with fixed mag AR's and load through the ejection port rather than opening the rifle for each load. The video shows it on a rifle with a detachable mag but it's supposed to be California legal.
https://www.meanarms.com/products/detail/ma-loader-for-ar15
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, across various videos I've seen, they're also working on a 308/AR-10 and .50 cal barrett fixed mag version.

The .50 cal version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQn5zfT6cdo
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 12:45:00 PM EDT
[#2]
It addresses the main issue I have with deciding between going with a fixed mag or thorsden stock. With a fixed mag, you are constantly exposing the internals to load the weapon, with this it allows you to reload while keeping the rifle closed.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Indeed. The main remaining issue is with a jam or misfeed where you'd need to drop the mag. If you use a magpul pmag, you can drop the bottom plate to dump everything out, although it still wouldn't be practical for something other than just for range use.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:39:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Kinda cool. Turns an AR into a stripper-clip fed weapon. Pricey stripper clip though.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 5:21:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been toying with the idea of a troll build:

- NY10 pistol marked lower
- evil as fuck pistol upper
- SIG brace
- Mean Arms loaders

As a handgun, it would be completely legal to keep loaded in a vehicle.  I suppose you could throw one of those silly "binary" triggers in there as well.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:43:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I ordered 2 loaders.
Got a email in april saying they are running behind on getting them out.
Should be shipped by the end of may to pre orders.
They are giving a free one to preorders for the delay.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 12:44:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kinda cool. Turns an AR into a stripper-clip fed weapon. Pricey stripper clip though.
View Quote
Interesting product, but will it turn a so-called "fixed mag" rifle into a "weapon"?  Will these stripper clips hold up with extended use?  What about the affects of dirt, mud or debris?  Making a promo video is easy.  I can see sporting or range use, but it would really suck having a malfunction with this setup in a HD/SD scenario.  

Any way, just something to consider. YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, the world went to war with the mosin nagant, M1 Garand, and SKS, all top loading guns with fixed mags. If I ever get rimlock on the mosin, I have to dump the mag's contents out the bottom and start over. It's probably why so many Russians died using it. With modern detachable magazine guns, I'd never use a fixed mag gun for home defense outside of a pump action shotgun.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#9]
If you get rim lock with a Mosin, the interrupter isn't moving freely.

Never had an issue once this is resolved.
Usually arsenal refurbs.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:40:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been toying with the idea of a troll build:

- NY10 pistol marked lower
- evil as fuck pistol upper
- SIG brace
- Mean Arms loaders

As a handgun, it would be completely legal to keep loaded in a vehicle.  I suppose you could throw one of those silly "binary" triggers in there as well.
View Quote
Do it, I am toying of building another fuck you build as well
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#11]
How much are these loaders ?    Maybe a group buy if they prove themselves
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 8:22:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Got my two plus a extra one for the long wait and also a feed modifier for the ejection port.
Not sure if ill put the ejection port feeder on yet

Need some practice at speed to see if my fingers will work it.

Mean Arms AR15 speed loader.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 8:30:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Received an invoice dated 3 July stating they were shipped.  Should see them soon...

Bill
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top