Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2017 7:29:47 AM EDT
Yep  and communist leader thinks he can change people leaving his shite  hole with free edu...

http://www.kiplinger.com/slideshow/retirement/T006-S001-worst-states-for-retirement-2016/index.html?cid=56&kwp_0=387408&kwp_4=1466835&kwp_1=641572
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Lot of working years between college graduation and retirement
I bet people don't read all of the fine print in the college payment agreement, though.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I turn 55 next month and have never owned a home.  I wanted to several years ago as I had a lot of liquid assets, the housing market was severely depressed and it was a house I really liked.  But the sellers real estate agent would not deal with the agent I engaged to represent me (lesson learned - do not be your own lawyer, do not do your own surgery and do not buy a house without someone working for you).  Looking back 7 years now I am so happy it did not go through.  Taxes AND FEES here on Long Island keep rising by insane amounts.  The corrupt Nassau and Oyster Bay town governments are sucking more money from us every day in order to feather their nests and pay off their friends (Nassau gave 7% raises to all non-union personnel last year at a cost of over $3 million annually to us taxpayers - police budget is about $1 billion now).  My salary was reduced to $20K/year last year with full medical at least.  No IT jobs for those of us over 40 or so and I have to muddle through for a few more years somehow.  Just a fact of life.  However, I have not had a vacation in years, drive a sixteen year old car and spend very little money on myself.  Instead I saved and invested it which means in 10 years I am going to retire out of New York with enough money to live the life I put off in New York.  In fact, I may wind up in a higher tax bracket due to the RMD's than I had when I worked for a decent salary LOL.  Plus with the proposal to eliminate the Federal deduction for State and Local taxes, which I am not really opposed to even though I pay income tax to the state, it will make New York even more miserable and I will love watching the New York politicians try and explain it away.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I turn 55 next month and have never owned a home.  I wanted to several years ago as I had a lot of liquid assets, the housing market was severely depressed and it was a house I really liked.  But the sellers real estate agent would not deal with the agent I engaged to represent me (lesson learned - do not be your own lawyer, do not do your own surgery and do not buy a house without someone working for you).  Looking back 7 years now I am so happy it did not go through.  Taxes AND FEES here on Long Island keep rising by insane amounts.  The corrupt Nassau and Oyster Bay town governments are sucking more money from us every day in order to feather their nests and pay off their friends (Nassau gave 7% raises to all non-union personnel last year at a cost of over $3 million annually to us taxpayers - police budget is about $1 billion now).  My salary was reduced to $20K/year last year with full medical at least.  No IT jobs for those of us over 40 or so and I have to muddle through for a few more years somehow.  Just a fact of life.  However, I have not had a vacation in years, drive a sixteen year old car and spend very little money on myself.  Instead I saved and invested it which means in 10 years I am going to retire out of New York with enough money to live the life I put off in New York.  In fact, I may wind up in a higher tax bracket due to the RMD's than I had when I worked for a decent salary LOL.  Plus with the proposal to eliminate the Federal deduction for State and Local taxes, which I am not really opposed to even though I pay income tax to the state, it will make New York even more miserable and I will love watching the New York politicians try and explain it away.
View Quote
Good move not owning a home in New York. Its one of the only ways the state, town, village and county has you by the fucking balls.

Fuck New York.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:14:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Last year I made the decision to leave friends and family for a free state at the age of 50. Sold the house , boat , trailers, household goods and shipped a small container with mostly gun stuff plus a van full of ammo plus the wife and dog. While I miss friends and family, living in free America compared to New York can't be fully described for how wonderful it is. Last one out of the gulag turn off the lights
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:27:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Just a few more years and I'm out of here. Fuck this state.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 12:01:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Last year I made the decision to leave friends and family for a free state at the age of 50. Sold the house , boat , trailers, household goods and shipped a small container with mostly gun stuff plus a van full of ammo plus the wife and dog. While I miss friends and family, living in free America compared to New York can't be fully described for how wonderful it is. Last one out of the gulag turn off the lights
View Quote
I'm currently on a scouting mission in Prescott 
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:42:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Pretty much the worse state to live in while still working as well.  Nicely done Dem cock suckers!!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:17:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Lot of working years between college graduation and retirement
I bet people don't read all of the fine print in the college payment agreement, though.
View Quote
If you're going to "borrow" enough money to buy a House, then do so!  At least then after a decade you'll have something besides a piece of paper that won't earn enough to pay back the loan.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top