Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2017 1:59:39 PM EDT
A friends stock on his Rossi circuit judge is cracked in the pistol grip area and he hasn't even fired it yet. I did some research online and it seems like this is a very common problem for this weapon. Rossi then has to have the entire rifle shipped so that they can replace the stock. Even after them being replaced, owners stated the stocks cracked again due to the poor dry wood they use. Ultimately looking to get a better wood stock made for this rifle out of a stronger wood. Anyone have any recommendations as to where to go for a decent price? (Not in the thousands, don't need a fancy, exotic wood).
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know any stockmakers that specialize in that model but I would opine that a laminated wood stock would be much stronger though heavier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top