Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2017 4:22:02 PM EDT
I'm interested in a PCC. Are there any uppers that would work with the SCR? I know the bolt might be a problem.

The Chiappa M1 carbine copy looks interesting, but I have my doubts on quality.

I am not a Thordston fan, but I'm willing to listen.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 5:14:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Used Marlin or Ruger if you can find one.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Ruger PC4 and I just picked up a Marlin Camp Carbine in 9mm
It is a shooting fool. Very fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:04:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Just Right Carbines makes one that uses Glock mags. I haven't tried one, but I've seen them for sale. They're made in Canandaigua.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 8:41:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just Right Carbines makes one that uses Glock mags. I haven't tried one, but I've seen them for sale. They're made in Canandaigua.
View Quote
Are they NYS Compliant?

The Chiappa seems to be a piece of junk. Search them on Youtube. Most people seem to have guns that don't work.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Why not just use a conversion kit and upper on one of your compliant ar's. I have a spikes that takes Uzi mags, has the drop in magwell conversion.

Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:51:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Are they NYS Compliant?

The Chiappa seems to be a piece of junk. Search them on Youtube. Most people seem to have guns that don't work.
View Quote
They make them with the thorsden stock.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've got one and would give it a mixed review so far...

On the plus side, you can set it up for 9mm or .40, and for Glock or M&P magazines with the right conversion kits.  They are fun to shoot, and reasonably affordable.

On the negative side, let me preface by saying I haven't shot mine a lot yet, but...  It did suffer the occasional stoppage, and that's using OEM Glock or M&P magazines that work fine in the pistols.  I don't know if that's part of the break-in process in this particular system and it will get better with usage or not, I've got less than 1000 rounds through it right now.

On the "so-so" side, while caliber and magwell conversion is easy and fairly quick, it involves the use of some small Allen head screws, instead of captive push pins like you'd find on an AR.  Not a deal breaker, but unless you're careful there's always a chance one of the screws will get away from you.

Dark Storm based on Long Island also makes a NY compliant 9 mm AR type carbine, but last I looked anyway, didn't seem able to keep up with demand and had a long wait time.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 5:04:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a PSA 9mm and it runs like a raped ape. Takes Glock mags.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:30:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Would a conversion kit work on the ARES SCR, or is the mag well a problem?
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 11:42:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Would a conversion kit work on the ARES SCR, or is the mag well a problem?
View Quote
The Ares bolt is hinged, that's how the buffer works with no straight tube. If they made a 9mm bolt, it would be rather simple from there. 
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:58:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I've handled these at Knob Creek, and seem to be well built and affordable (have you seen what a Camp 9-45 or Ruger Carbine go for?)
http://www.tnwfirearms.com/  Hard part would be NYS compliance (unless you've a Badge or FFL)
The Olympic brand of pistol caliber uppers were damn well made and reliable! but sadly, they closed Shop a few months ago.
Biggest bitch I had with the Oly's were magazines, but three years ago they came out with their own polymer magazines that worked well and were priced under $25. (the originals were Uzi or Sten mags with plates/fillers welded in and were a PITA to load) I miss the 10mm one I had....it had a serious thump for a pistol caliber.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Actually, it is the bolt carrier that is different. The bolt is standard.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:15:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Actually, it is the bolt carrier that is different. The bolt is standard.
View Quote
True.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:45:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Built my own using a PSA Glock lower with lrbhoAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:37:34 AM EDT
[#15]
It's too bad that Chiappa is a hunk of junk, that would be a fun one.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 5:07:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
.....(have you seen what a Camp 9-45 or Ruger Carbine go for?)
View Quote
Off topic, however.....
Couple of months ago I had a coworker who wanted to get a Camp 9 to replace one he'd sold off years ago for a couple hundred dollars
He wanted to spend about the same to buy a used one.
I had to advise him what they were going for now.
So say the least, he was in shock
One more example of  why I tell people to think long and hard about ever selling any gun they own.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 1:15:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top