Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2017 5:24:22 PM EDT
My girlfriend and I have spent spring break (I work for local schools, she took the week off) in SC. Today we hit up a range that allows you to rent guns. She fired a pistol for her first time, a Ruger LC9. I picked out the full auto MP5 sbr. Damn was that fun. If any of you guys are ever down here, put that on your to do list. For both of us to shoot, two sets of ears, two targets, the guns, and 200 rounds it was about $100. They had a nice selection of rifles and pistols to pick from. Next time I might go with the AK.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm heading to charleston in June - planning on going to Quickshot
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
This was Sharpshooters in Greenville.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:39:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Sitting on my father's lanai in Murrell's Inlet as I type this.

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:40:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
No firing on Fort Sumter you Yankee ...
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:47:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm on a recon mission, looking to defect from the North.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:57:06 PM EDT
[#6]
What is described. Here is typical of free America! Same here in my new home state of Arizona!
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:06:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm on a recon mission, looking to defect from the North.
View Quote
Shit we have been on the same mission for sometime.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:48:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Shit we have been on the same mission for sometime.
View Quote
You guys will love it down south where every you pick... The guns laws are awesome to say the least..
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My girlfriend and I have spent spring break (I work for local schools, she took the week off) in SC. Today we hit up a range that allows you to rent guns. She fired a pistol for her first time, a Ruger LC9. I picked out the full auto MP5 sbr. Damn was that fun. If any of you guys are ever down here, put that on your to do list. For both of us to shoot, two sets of ears, two targets, the guns, and 200 rounds it was about $100. They had a nice selection of rifles and pistols to pick from. Next time I might go with the AK.
View Quote

that is why I escaped and moved down here!   very gun friendly
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:32:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This was Sharpshooters in Greenville.
View Quote
man, you were 30 minutes away.. I'm in spartanburg...sharpshooters is a great bunch of guys, they have a ladies day also (thursday I think) where women shoot free (free lane use). if you went to cabelas on woodruff rd you were just about across the street from Palmetto state armory... many great places to shoot and rent unusual FA guns!
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:08:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

man, you were 30 minutes away.. I'm in spartanburg...sharpshooters is a great bunch of guys, they have a ladies day also (thursday I think) where women shoot free (free lane use). if you went to cabelas on woodruff rd you were just about across the street from Palmetto state armory... many great places to shoot and rent unusual FA guns!
View Quote
We were staying in Laurens for the week, we went on Thursday for the free lane for her. It was the one gun only related part of the trip, but I made sure to see what any pawn shops had.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#12]
South Carolina or North Carolina at top of my list for retirement !!!! Can't wait
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:55:07 AM EDT
[#13]
I just got back to my laptop so here's the pics.

After 150 rounds, there was one flyer, but not bad.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
South Carolina or North Carolina at top of my list for retirement !!!! Can't wait
View Quote
I just found out there are alligators in SC. Nope.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 1:22:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
If it's a factor, SC is more gun-friendly than NC (unless OC is a big draw, which NC allows, but SC doesn't).
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 6:55:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If it's a factor, SC is more gun-friendly than NC (unless OC is a big draw, which NC allows, but SC doesn't).
View Quote
I love visiting Myrtle Beach but SC is a no go for me.  If I want to practice there I have to take the bar exam.  After 33 years that is NOT happening!
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 8:38:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I just found out there are alligators in SC. Nope.
View Quote
NC   Has them also..

But keep this in mind... I lived in South FLA (fort myers) for 9 months.. I didnt see one gator the whole time I was there.

I saw tons of snakes  but no gators..
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#18]
no gators here in upstate SC... saw a cotton mouth on a walk with my dog but that was it for snakes so far...  I'll tell ya how much happier both me (lived all over the US) and my wife (solid WNYer) are now that we are out of NYS... don't matter where ya go, as long as you get free and don't have to feel like a criminal for owning a firearm.   the last two years I spent in NY all my goods were packed away.. which kind of defeats the purpose.... now my only worry is where do I get the money for my next purchase!
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
no gators here in upstate SC... saw a cotton mouth on a walk with my dog but that was it for snakes so far...  I'll tell ya how much happier both me (lived all over the US) and my wife (solid WNYer) are now that we are out of NYS... don't matter where ya go, as long as you get free and don't have to feel like a criminal for owning a firearm.   the last two years I spent in NY all my goods were packed away.. which kind of defeats the purpose.... now my only worry is where do I get the money for my next purchase!
View Quote
I lived in Myrtle Beach and Surfside Beach.  I assumed alligators were gonna be everywhere for some reason and would look for them in the ponds at shopping complexes.

Only time I ever saw one was at Huntington Beach State Park, not far from Surfside. The road in has water on both sides and a pavillion about half way down. We walked back to it after parking because we saw an alligator warning sign. We looked around and didn't see it. Started walking on the little bridge that leads to the pavillion island...and the damn thing was right under the bridge, just a few feet below your feet. My New Yorker ass was like .
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:50:46 AM EDT
[#20]
The pond in my uncle's back yard.  Murrell's Inlet, SC

Attachment Attached File

What round for 11 ft. angry dinosaur?
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 9:12:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The pond in my uncle's back yard.  Murrell's Inlet, SC

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58424/IMG-0085-196278.JPG

What round for 11 ft. angry dinosaur?
View Quote
DAAAAAAMN. That's not far from where I lived. Glad I never ran into anything like that.

Murrell's Inlet is a nice area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top