Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2017 2:37:38 PM EDT
Hey guys,

This is my first post so be gentle. I bought an Magpul MOE Carbine stock (mil spec) to change the butt stock on my Windham Weaponry 15. So I wanted to take off the old stock... pretty simple right? One Allen key and I'm done, right? well this stock just doesn't want to come off like other WW-15's. So I'm curious... i did a little searching beforehand but found nothing. Do NY AR15's have loctite or something binding the stock on?

anyone have any thoughts or information on this? Apologies if this has been solved or there is another thread on this.

thanks in advance
Sean
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 8:19:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Stock is most likely pinned.

ETA: Also not sure why you need an allen key to remove a milspec stock.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 8:47:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm sorry but this sounds like a serious baiting topic. Someone in NY, trying to alter their rifle to a illegal configuration, and coming on forums to ask about how to do it. Sounds like the media or something.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:10:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hey guys,

This is my first post so be gentle. I bought an Magpul MOE Carbine stock (mil spec) to change the butt stock on my Windham Weaponry 15. So I wanted to take off the old stock... pretty simple right? One Allen key and I'm done, right? well this stock just doesn't want to come off like other WW-15's. So I'm curious... i did a little searching beforehand but found nothing. Do NY AR15's have loctite or something binding the stock on?

anyone have any thoughts or information on this? Apologies if this has been solved or there is another thread on this.

thanks in advance
Sean
View Quote

NOt sure of this.. Seems fishy
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:36:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm sorry but this sounds like a serious baiting topic. Someone in NY, trying to alter their rifle to a illegal configuration, and coming on forums to ask about how to do it. Sounds like the media or something.
View Quote
So nobody can change the back end of their stock in NY. I cant just change the stock for feel? it HAS to be illegal configuration? I can still PIN it to the NY requirement. Why judge
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:37:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

NOt sure of this.. Seems fishy
View Quote
Just looking for advice. People change the butt stock in NY all the time and either illegally collapse it or pin it to the state requirement. No clue why I am getting all of this hate
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#6]
an allen wrench is used to remove some hand grips on the AR platform

Standard Buttstocks are removed by turning the staked lock ring

when you remove these items you will find they retain detent springs that might fall out

is this the AR that you are wrenching upon?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:52:29 AM EDT
[#7]
is this the allen bolt?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:56:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:07:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Just looking for advice. People change the butt stock in NY all the time and either illegally collapse it or pin it to the state requirement. No clue why I am getting all of this hate
View Quote
Now this is where I know this is a baiting topic. You're asking us to illegally modify your weapon and how to do it. You also acknowledge that your modifications are illegal. You cannot have a collapsible stock on your AR15 in NY. Period. Do not even attempt to do it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
Depends on what he puts in its place
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:10:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Now this is where I know this is a baiting topic. You're asking us to illegally modify your weapon and how to do it. You also acknowledge that your modifications are illegal. You cannot have a collapsible stock on your AR15 in NY. Period. Do not even attempt to do it.
View Quote
He could have a fixed magazine rifle or a straight pull, get off your high horse.

Yes the stock may be epoxied in place
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#12]
according to this

http://www.thordsencustoms.com/media/wysiwyg/IF_YOUR_STATE_IS.pdf

the stock could be epoxied permanently
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:17:26 AM EDT
[#13]
i just recently moved from NY and the only way you can legally have all the standard features is with a non removable mag.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No clue why I am getting all of this hate
View Quote
Join date and post count is why.  You lurked for near a year then posted a question that can lead to sketchy destinations.

NY gun laws are stupid and your state has a tendency to try to prosecute persecute people across state lines as if they lived in your jurisdiction.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 11:00:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Join date and post count is why.  You lurked for near a year then posted a question that can lead to sketchy destinations.

NY gun laws are stupid and your state has a tendency to try to prosecute persecute people across state lines as if they lived in your jurisdiction.
View Quote
fair enough. i just never had a question because all of my mods were done about 2-3 years ago prior to NY SAFE act
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is the stupidest shit I have ever heard.  What the hell is a baiting topic?  Nobody can get in trouble for answering the question.  What if someone wanted to remove the stock because it bent or broke, or they wanted to paint it and the paint needed to be cured in an oven?  There are probably dozens of reasons that someone might want to, or need to remove the stock, and none of them would have them violating any laws unless they configured the firearm in violation of the laws, stupid as they may be.

OP, provided you are removing the correct screw or bolt, I would contact WW and ask them if anything special needs to be done to remove it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This is the stupidest shit I have ever heard.  What the hell is a baiting topic?  Nobody can get in trouble for answering the question.  What if someone wanted to remove the stock because it bent or broke, or they wanted to paint it and the paint needed to be cured in an oven?  There are probably dozens of reasons that someone might want to, or need to remove the stock, and none of them would have them violating any laws unless they configured the firearm in violation of the laws, stupid as they may be.

OP, provided you are removing the correct screw or bolt, I would contact WW and ask them if anything special needs to be done to remove it.
View Quote
thank you for this. I really don't understand all the paranoia from the other posters. It was just a question lol. There is only one bolt that is on the stock and I looked up youtube videos on it and for some reason mine doesn't do what the videos show. So i was wondering if there was something else holding it back
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:  Just looking for advice. People change the butt stock in NY all the time and either illegally collapse it or pin it to the state requirement. No clue why I am getting all of this hate
View Quote
And you just moved to Louisiana today?  

@Aimless
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:08:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

@Aimless
View Quote
well, I started freaking out a bit because when i asked a question everyone was basically implying i was doing something illegal. But after I thought about it all I did was ask a question so i'm changing it back. I just don't understand why everyone is labeling me because I asked a simple question. I'm not doing anything illegal at all....
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:54:57 AM EDT
[#20]
This is a public forum - no one wants to give advice that could potential make you break a law - whether intentionally or otherwise.

Compliant guns are sold in a way that the manufacturers legal team deems.....compliant. Since there was no hint of any sort of technical knowledge in the SAFE Act it has left quite a few different interpretations - some of which include epoxy.

If you want a fun .223 looks at the Mossberg MVP. That's as good as it gets for NY compliance
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:56:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Also everyone is labeling you because this HTF has become nothing but SAFE Act questions from people who have never contributed anything else.

For the love of all things holy let's do an ARF Fishing Charter again. I'll show ya'll why beer is better than coffee at 5am.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

For the love of all things holy let's do an ARF Fishing Charter again. I'll show ya'll why beer is better than coffee at 5am.
View Quote
Dude, this is ArfCom. Attachment Attached File
Get Both!
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#23]
+1

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:15:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Back in my day we just used Four Loko.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:04:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

@Aimless
View Quote
OP is a teleporter.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:16:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 6:21:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:26:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Nobody trusts me either because i don't post much.  And while i do agree this sounds fishy-   fuck it here ya go anyway... you only need a handful of tools to service an A2/M4 type weapon

a couple screwdrivers/allen keys- more types now with all the rail add on doo-hickeys and whizbangers
a hammer
some punches
slip joints or vise grips with electrical tape around the jaws
secret underground bunker with workbench for which to work- in secret.
a multi tool wrench type thingy
propane torch
A bigger hammer
tin can of bacon grease or lard
3rd hand
live chicken to sacrifice

While i have no experience with changing faggy unsafe abomination stocks i would have to imagine one of the above tools will remove it with enough effort. It's up to you to figure out which.  
It aint rocket surgery -  if you can't remove it then you have learned a very valuable lesson.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 6:34:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Nobody trusts me either because i don't post much.  And while i do agree this sounds fishy-   fuck it here ya go anyway... you only need a handful of tools to service an A2/M4 type weapon

a couple screwdrivers/allen keys- more types now with all the rail add on doo-hickeys and whizbangers
a hammer
some punches
slip joints or vise grips with electrical tape around the jaws
secret underground bunker with workbench for which to work- in secret.
a multi tool wrench type thingy
propane torch
A bigger hammer
tin can of bacon grease or lard
3rd hand
live chicken to sacrifice

While i have no experience with changing faggy unsafe abomination stocks i would have to imagine one of the above tools will remove it with enough effort. It's up to you to figure out which.  
It aint rocket surgery -  if you can't remove it then you have learned a very valuable lesson.
View Quote
Forgot WD-40 and Duct Tape...

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Finally, a good excuse to sacrifice a live chicken.  This thread started stupid, but you guys really came through for me...
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:57:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Back in my day we just used Four Loko.
View Quote
I imagine those don't taste good.  This is the face I would probably make after tasting it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#32]
There was a time when I'd just invite the gun owner over to my house, repair it, not take a cent, and have a new friend.....these days all I do is stare into the night sky watching the lights with night vision devices.  

OP if you're near Ft. Drum I can recommend a local Gun Smith that'll either change it for you or tell you what you need and how to be compliant.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:48:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
There was a time when I'd just invite the gun owner over to my house, repair it, not take a cent, and have a new friend.....these days all I do is stare into the night sky watching the lights with night vision devices.  

OP if you're near Ft. Drum I can recommend a local Gun Smith that'll either change it for you or tell you what you need and how to be compliant.
View Quote
Or do the best thing.. move out of this shit hole communist haven.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 3:41:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Or do the best thing.. move out of this shit hole communist haven.
View Quote
THIS/\/\/\/
MY god I forgot what it was like to live in NY only after 9 months...  guys... I really think he was just talking about replacing the fixed stock on his AR with another fixed stock... the Allen screw question was about the Allen screw that is in the adjuster for position.... so he could get the stock off and replace it...  I don't miss asking similiar questions myslef and having the world come down on me... as we say down here in the south... "lighten up Francis"
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:18:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

"lighten up Francis"
View Quote
"When we go into battle, I will be right behind you guys, every step of the way."
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
"When we go into battle, I will be right behind you guys, every step of the way."
View Quote
Best place is right  behind the Moderator, the enemy won't even see you.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hey guys,

thanks in advance
Sean
View Quote

Forget the BS above, although I also think it looks like a fishing expedition.  Information is NOT illegal however, using the information for illegal purposes is your own stupidity and subject to all future rights to freedom being lost!

I do not know what allen bolt you are referring to.

Pictures of the stock with circles, arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one would assist greatly.  

Watch the video above, which is installing a replacement stock.  

Watch from about 2:20 to 4:00 minute mark for the actual idea.

Bill JimJoBobGerry
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 6:00:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:29:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Ive got an impact driver you could try that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top