Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2017 7:09:46 PM EDT
Many are still recovering from the two windstorms and now a snow storm headed our way. More high winds predicted.
Hope everyone is ready.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:08:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be snowshoeing to work tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Already put the generator away.  Not to worried out it in Monroe County.   I think the bulk is gonna stay east of where I am on the west side of the county.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:00:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Got my required snowstorm essentials of milk, juice, eggs and bread.  Ready for anything
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:41:32 PM EDT
[#4]
i bought extra beer tonight case i get snowed in
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:08:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm an hour away from home, working near Cortland.  Brought extra nicotine, water and my phone charger.  Ya know, the essentials.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:08:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got my required snowstorm essentials of milk, juice, eggs and bread.  Ready for anything
View Quote

Making French toast?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:29:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Getting called in early here. Knew that would happen.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:14:35 AM EDT
[#8]
You kidding?  I've been ready.  This is the only good snow storm of the season and I've been waiting for it.   Now it's worth getting into the vehicle and enjoying a drive.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:54:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You kidding?  I've been ready.  This is the only good snow storm of the season and I've been waiting for it.   Now it's worth getting into the vehicle and enjoying a drive.
View Quote

This.  today was the nicest drive into work i've had in a really long time. took my time, enjoyed the scenery and had the roads pretty much to myself for almost an hour.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 5:10:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep, snow.  In northern Ontario County.  Winds were picking up on the way home from Canadogmeat.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:11:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:33:07 PM EDT
[#12]
The drifts have been avoiding my car, but the ones near it are covered past their hoods. Lots of s driving without lights on today, pretty busy considering only two gas stations are open.  edit: transformer just blew close by.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Daytime snow brings the...

1. No lights
2. High beams
3. LED Light Bars
4. 2 sets of driving lights, low beams, and a set of obnoxious "fog" lights that have more upward scatter than high beams.

I was triggered all the way home.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:48:44 PM EDT
[#14]
We had quite a bit come down. State and County road crews were out most of the night, but Town road crews knocked off sometime after the Sheriff closed the roads to anything but emergency travel. So by 9 or 10 PM I was pretty much sticking to main roads unless I had to. Some of the villages were absolutely dead of any activity , while others had a significant amount of pedestrian, snowmobile, four wheeler, skier and other modes of winter travelers out and about.
More to come tomorrow...
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:53:08 AM EDT
[#15]
I am all snowed in out in the sticks of chenango county. I don't have a dedicated "plow guy" anymore because I have been doing it with my 4 wheeler the last few years. This storm got away from me and now I am stuck with 36" of snow on my driveway. Can't even get the wheeler out of the garage. Now I have to wait for someone to squeeze me into their schedual. I absolutely hate having to rely on someone else.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:57:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

1. No lights
2. High beams
3. LED Light Bars
4. 2 sets of driving lights, low beams, and a set of obnoxious "fog" lights that have more upward scatter than high beams.

View Quote

They don't realize these lights are not helping and actually hindering their vision. Yet so many drive with them always on:(
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They don't realize these lights are not helping and actually hindering their vision. Yet so many drive with them always on:(
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. No lights
2. High beams
3. LED Light Bars

I've been a connoisseur of high performance forward lighting for a long time.  Done a lot of reading, spent a lot of money on HID retrofits (well, they used to be expensive back in the day), so it really grinds my gears more than the average person with stock lighting.  I was referring to someone who put a 3000k HID kit (or, may have been LED) in their factory fog lights that were not projectors.  Non existent cutoff, probably just a big blob of yellow light.  But, yes, too much foreground lighting contrains your pupils and reduces night vision down the road.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Lake Placid is reporting 41 inches. I have probably close to 30 or maybe a little more at my house. 3 Hours plowing with the wheeler and snow blowing last night after I already did it at 330. Some clean up tonight to be done when I get home. We got half the lot clean here. Other half tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:00:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I am all snowed in out in the sticks of chenango county. I don't have a dedicated "plow guy" anymore because I have been doing it with my 4 wheeler the last few years. This storm got away from me and now I am stuck with 36" of snow on my driveway. Can't even get the wheeler out of the garage. Now I have to wait for someone to squeeze me into their schedual. I absolutely hate having to rely on someone else.
View Quote

How many feet long is your driveway
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

How many feet long is your driveway
View Quote
It is about 350' - 400' long.

It has a slight uphill slope for the first 2/3 (from the house) but then gets pretty steep the last 1/3 by the road.

The guy that finally came late Wednesday night took 1.5 hours to do it. We had do dig the truck out a few times. I still had to do some clean up with the 4 wheeler
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:33:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 3:04:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Bring it 
View Quote
Stop your snow dance. Mother Nature is dumping on us again
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top