Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2017 6:44:08 PM EDT
my friends in WNY (Erie and Niagara counties) are reporting 70-80 MPH gusts with power out and trees down... be safe my friends...don't know if this is moving east.. but you should be prepared...
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:11:03 PM EDT
[#1]
80 plus here in Parma, Monroe County.  Trees down everywhere, along with power lines.  Had to break out the genny to keep the basement dry and I'll switch it over to the hot water tank at 4 for a nice warm shower around 5ish.  

Then back to work since they will have power with the new whole building plus capacity generator they installed.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#2]
We still have power here near Rochester but are taking some heavy blows.  After school activities were cancelled at my kids school.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Settled down now in Buffalo.

Had 100k out of power in the western region for national grid. I think NYSEG wad at around 50k out around Buffalo.

81 mph is Rochester, 64mps in Buffalo.

CSX train carrying gunpowder derailed in Batavia, possibly due to wind. Batavia is a mess.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Cuomo could careless too boot... Welcome to NYS we are open for business if your a Liberal.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup
Knocking trees over n cutting power
Im in Catt. Co
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cuomo could careless too boot... Welcome to NYS we are open for business if your a Liberal.
View Quote

It's a better photo op to pull a spun out car out of a ditch 4 years in a row than to chop up a fallen tree blocking the road, dontcha know.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 9:30:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Kids are off from school today.  We never lost power but still about 80,000 without in Monroe County.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Over 91,000 in Monroe County.

Temps dropping to single digits tomorrow night.  This will get interesting.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:04:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Lost phone until yesterday mid morning, never lost power, only damage was a patch of shingles ripped off.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 4:07:37 PM EDT
[#10]
My village always seems to have high winds ripping through it. last day or so hasn't been bad, but we had some high winds at the beginning of the week
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Still no power at my house, only damage that I need to fix will be rescrewing part of the fence to its post.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I just flew in with a few dozen other people to help assess damage.  Had a clusterfuck at the airport and I've been up since 3:30am.  

Rochester area.  Grabbed dinner quick and the shopping area was all tore up.  Around... Henrietta and 252?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:52:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Henrietta is one big shopping area.  What do you do and where do they have you working?
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:49:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Henrietta is one big shopping area.  What do you do and where do they have you working?
View Quote

I fly into areas and assess damage when large events hit for insurance.  I've got a bunch of assignments in the Rochester area.  I'll know more later after our morning meeting.

My first day off will be April 9th.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:32:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I fly into areas and assess damage when large events hit for insurance.  I've got a bunch of assignments in the Rochester area.  I'll know more later after our morning meeting.

My first day off will be April 9th.  
View Quote

I've been restoring power around Rochester since Wed night.

You're gonna be busy, not hurricane busy, but plenty of pain to go around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top