Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2017 12:49:53 PM EDT
So I transferred from Suffolk county on long island to a county far upstate. In Suffolk, I had a sportsman's. When I received my licensee in my new county it says "Restrictions: None", but came with a piece of paper that said I had an outdoor license limited to the listed activities. This county/judge is also known for not giving out unrestricted carries, which is a controversy up here apparently. What should I do about this, what should I assume I actually have? I doubt I will carry in any but the outdoor activities, but I think its an interesting dilemma. I even asked the woman working at the clerks office and she said unrestricted...

What would you do?
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 2:51:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#2]
If it says no restrictions I would carry everywhere. It not like my bullshit card that says "Valid for hunting, fishing, trapping, or target shooting and transporting weapon for such use."
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, even if the permit was marked with "restrictions" - it is still a full, unrestricted concealed carry permit. Sorry judge.

But hell if the actual permit doesn't list any restrictions, then it is REALLY unrestricted.

You are saying it came with a separate piece of paper that says it is restricted? Sounds like that piece of paper should get tossed in the trash. It has no force of law.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:42:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, even if the permit was marked with "restrictions" - it is still a full, unrestricted concealed carry permit. Sorry judge.

But hell if the actual permit doesn't list any restrictions, then it is REALLY unrestricted.

You are saying it came with a separate piece of paper that says it is restricted? Sounds like that piece of paper should get tossed in the trash. It has no force of law.
View Quote

No force of law, but plenty of judges ire.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So I transferred from Suffolk county on long island to a county far upstate. In Suffolk, I had a sportsman's. When I received my licensee in my new county it says "Restrictions: None", but came with a piece of paper that said I had an outdoor license limited to the listed activities. This county/judge is also known for not giving out unrestricted carries, which is a controversy up here apparently. What should I do about this, what should I assume I actually have? I doubt I will carry in any but the outdoor activities, but I think its an interesting dilemma. I even asked the woman working at the clerks office and she said unrestricted...

What would you do?
View Quote

If it's a county in the Black lake area, My buddy has the same dilemma. Bought a house on the lake and thinking of moving up there. But he's not happy with the judge restricting carry.  Not sure how the local LEO's act on this.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 4:15:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If it's a county in the Black lake area, My buddy has the same dilemma. Bought a house on the lake and thinking of moving up there. But he's not happy with the judge restricting carry.  Not sure how the local LEO's act on this.
View Quote

Same spot, this is what I got which is why I'm surprised. At first I thought it was because I've had a CCW on Long Island for 5 years and he was giving me a pass but... when I saw that piece of paper. Its not anything binding, just an information sheet on my "restrictions" which my actual license doesn't list. Ironically I probably would have carried on Long Island, I really don't feel the need to up here, aside from you know, hiking and stuff like that. Dont feel the need or desire to around town
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 8:08:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:49:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Concealed is Concealed!  
If the permit says nothing on it...It is unrestricted.  
Did you sign for that little piece of paper?  No paper trail on it, it does not exist.

Definitely NOT a mistake!

Bill
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 3:51:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the advice guys
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top