Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2017 8:10:38 PM EDT
Is there a mandatory gun-lock storage law being proposed?

Thanks
Billy
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:42:39 PM EDT
[#1]
It looks like at least 2.

Bill A457 - Basically amends an existing law that says if you live with someone that cannot possess a firearm that you must lock it up, and removes that language about the person who cannot possess a firearm, so as to just make it that you must lock it up always regardless of who you live with.

Bill S3355 - Enacts the "children's weapon accident prevention act"; creates crimes of failure to store a weapon safely in the first and second degrees, aggravated failure to store a weapon safely, and criminally negligent storage of a weapon in the first and second degrees; provides affirmative defenses; directs the commissioner of education to develop a weapons safety program.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:58:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:52:29 AM EDT
[#3]
This should be a "Sticky".
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad I left New York last year! Anyway the dems introduce a series of anti gun bills annually ( safe storage ammo limits caliber bans smart guns etc) the shotgun approach of introducing tons of bills in the hope some pass. The best answer for New York gun owners is as I did accept when a lost cause is no longer worth fighting and move
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#5]
The Democrat controlled Assembly perpetually submits Bills of this nature: makes the Assemblyperson appear  to be doing "something" and should it actually pass, then they have to prestige of having it named after their stupid, narcissistic ass.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:18:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glad I left New York last year! Anyway the dems introduce a series of anti gun bills annually ( safe storage ammo limits caliber bans smart guns etc) the shotgun approach of introducing tons of bills in the hope some pass. The best answer for New York gun owners is as I did accept when a lost cause is no longer worth fighting and move
View Quote

this...get out if you can... freedom is awesome
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 8:04:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  I should be out of here by the end of the year. Hopefully by summer. I can't wait!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top