Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2017 11:58:54 AM EDT
Found these on my computer, thought I'd post them here to remember there were good old days, even in NYS....

These are pics from my buddy Dan Bartha's annual semi-auto shoot at his house/shop in Angola....

Dan ran Angola Armory back in the day, big supplier of 1919 kits and parts, one time he imported 400 MG-42 kits...he let me cherry pick my kit from the batch....I got some really good parts!

He also helped me build my 1919A4 semi, using mostly Buffalo Arms parts, and had a custom engraved Buffalo Arms sideplate made for it....love that gun....

Anyway, hope you enjoy...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:00:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Law says nothing about grips protruding conspicuously behind the action. 
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 1:17:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice!
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:25:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Belt fed still legal! 
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:43:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Belt fed still legal! 
View Quote

Don't you have to keep the belts to 10 links or less?

Would you technically have to "register" WWII cloth belts?

I am curious what Larry Ruth did with all his carbine mags...I told him to type them all up double spaced and send the list in to be "registered"...let the yahoos figure out how to do it....

I remember discussions on belt feds no one really knew what the deal would be and no one wanted to open that can of worms with the purple flying monkey's....not that they would give you an opinion...
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#6]
These pictures speak volumes

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I miss Dan.  He was a great guy, and rooming with him at KCR was a hoot.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:53:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I miss Dan.  He was a great guy, and rooming with him at KCR was a hoot.
View Quote

Yeah, sure do....I wish he would have talked through those demons, he was a good guy, and a good friend...
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Is a semiauto beltfed SAFE compliant? It is semiauto, but does the links count as a detachable mag? Something like a mg42?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for sharing. Not too from from me.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Cool pics, thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:39:36 AM EDT
[#12]
What if you "lock" the top plate in some way and use non disintegrating links like the RPD uses?  

Link the belt to itself in a circle.

You would have a non  removable ammunition feeding device.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Nice.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:43:33 AM EDT
[#14]
98K;

Miss the good old days when once a year people would get together for a good "shoot" .  I never made it to Dan's - but had other friends we would do this with on occasion.

Are their any semi-organized local shoots in Texas near where you are at?

I'm in GA as I write this - Not moved out permanently but almost.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:18:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
98K;

Miss the good old days when once a year people would get together for a good "shoot" .  I never made it to Dan's - but had other friends we would do this with on occasion.

Are their any semi-organized local shoots in Texas near where you are at?

I'm in GA as I write this - Not moved out permanently but almost.
View Quote

Good deal! Glad you are almost out...

There are, in fact I have an invite from Judge David Jackson (who owns Jackson Armory, an unbelievable military and high end gun store in Dallas) to his next MG shoot at his ranch, so I am stoked about that!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top