Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2017 12:15:08 AM EDT
A federal judge blocked trumps immigration suspension nationwide.  So why can't this be done with NY SAFE?
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:44:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
A federal judge blocked trumps immigration suspension nationwide.  So why can't this be done with NY SAFE?
View Quote

Because we live in NY, and the federal judge on the bench loved him some Mother Jones as justification.  Would you expect any sanity from a depraved individual like that?  More to the point, the rot in our state is so deeply entrenched that the jury box isn't much use.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 8:35:10 AM EDT
[#2]
SAFE is constitutional per the 2nd Circuit. Cannot block a constitutional law.

Now, get SCOTUS to overturn the 2nd and then you should be able to get that block rather quickly. Then again, this is New York and they ignore laws they disagree with. Of course those were laws the then incumbent administration disliked so I may be wrong. When the Feds start cracking down on New York for busting travelers who are simply passing through a New York airport, and are legal on both ends of their trip, I'll believe there is a new regime in charge. 
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 9:44:53 AM EDT
[#3]
This judge is flat out wrong. International airports are by law considered the border no matter how far in the US they are located. No one has rights when they land, including  US citizens until they make it through customs. When customs has allowed you to enter then and only then do constitutional rights apply. The media is not explaining this.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#4]
so we had one Bush appointed federal judge strike down the immigration ban and another Bush appointed federal judge uphold ny safe.  

i think trump gets something like 100 vacancies to fill, so i'll take a measure of solace in that.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#5]
There is the 100 mile "constitution free" zone that this map shows.  Kind of explains New York and it unconstitutional laws now that I think about it.  Also why we have an immigration and customs checkpoint on I-87 in North Hudson, 80 miles south of the Canadian border.

Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#6]
nice article about this judge...

Thank you again GWB.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 12:39:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
nice article about this judge...

Thank you again GWB.
View Quote

Yeah, both the Bushes really stuck it to us good with the judge picks.  Makes me long for the days of Harriet Myers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top