Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2017 1:41:54 PM EDT
Anyone have experience with the Westchester County requirement that the home be inspected to determine of there is adequate security for firearm storage as part of the pistol permit approval process?
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:29:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm interested in this to , my next purchase is going
to come with a home inspection .
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:24:23 PM EDT
[#2]
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:13:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Is Westchester the only county to burden people with this intrusive requirement?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 7:02:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is Westchester the only county to burden people with this intrusive requirement?
View Quote

They don't do that in Rockland County (Yet)
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 7:58:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anyone have experience with the Westchester County requirement that the home be inspected to determine of there is adequate security for firearm storage as part of the pistol permit approval process?
Thanks
View Quote

Yes, when I lived there 100 years ago.

1. Detective/officer from DPS shows up, looks at your front door, asks to see your safe, asks you to open the safe, notes the gun in the safe, checks to see the safe is bolted to the structure, then leaves.

There are variations, but essentially this.

Don't leave any rifles of any kind in plain sight. They are not interested in anything inside your house except guns and anything that looks illegal.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 4:19:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Friend of mine who lives in Wayne Co. got her CCW a couple years ago.  They did a home inspection.  Was real quick.  When I got mine in 2003, I'm not even sure they called my references. 
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:46:28 PM EDT
[#7]
The home inspection requirement, although mostly painless, is one of the more atrocious and unconstitutional aspects of NY gun laws.

Glad my county doesn't do stupid shit like that. They know better.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:31:26 AM EDT
[#8]
did mine in when i had my 6th gun added

wheres your safe?
-showed detective safe

is it bolted?
-yup its bolted

ok have a good day.

They arent allowed to ask you to open as they have no warrant. They want to see that your safe is big enough to hold your now 6 handguns
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:18:17 AM EDT
[#9]
With all due respect sir, I would like to have my attorney present for any inspection of my home!  

Or I would like to schedule an appointment for home inspection.  

NEVER LET THEM IN UNANNOUNCED!

One thing found out of place and you could be fucked and jammed into the legal system for years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top