Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2017 1:22:32 PM EDT
whats his screen name?
Lets hope he was not a member!Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Lotta lives saved right there. We can all breath easier now.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 2:41:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to life on Long Island.  Those P-Mag's are going to be a big problem as there is no way to claim they were made before September 1994 (I am correct in assuming there are still two different penalties for possession of standard cap magazines made before September 1994 and those made after September 1994?).  As for everything else, the handguns could be registered and licensed, and the AR registered though "lawfully owned prior to January 2013" might be a problem if it is in post 1994 ban configuration (2 feature test).  I do not even know what the shotgun laws are any more.  The marijuana possession is going to be a problem.  Knives?  Who knows any more outside of NYC.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 4:02:37 PM EDT
[#3]
[b]oops, Double Post.[b\]
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Are those P Mags?
Kinda look like thermolds.

Either way He's Fucked
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 4:36:56 PM EDT
[#5]
These are the same NYS troopers that are on our side when it comes to our gun rights that we hear about all the time right?  Any one dumb enough to think the cops will not rail road you is an idiot! 
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#6]
What did he do to have his guns stolen?
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Good thing all the real problems on LI are already solved. What a waste of resources.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:13:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Five weapons does not make a stash.
Weed, a forty-five and a few standard capacity mags is enough to get your house searched?
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:10:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome to life on Long Island.  Those P-Mag's are going to be a big problem as there is no way to claim they were made before September 1994 (I am correct in assuming there are still two different penalties for possession of standard cap magazines made before September 1994 and those made after September 1994?).  As for everything else, the handguns could be registered and licensed, and the AR registered though "lawfully owned prior to January 2013" might be a problem if it is in post 1994 ban configuration (2 feature test).  I do not even know what the shotgun laws are any more.  The marijuana possession is going to be a problem.  Knives?  Who knows any more outside of NYC.
View Quote

Afaik any mag over ten rounds regardless of age ( with the exception of curio and relic -what the state terms antique and said magazine duly registered) is considered evil to the same degree regardless of if it was made yesterday or 1970.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:44:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Afaik any mag over ten rounds regardless of age ( with the exception of curio and relic -what the state terms antique and said magazine duly registered) is considered evil to the same degree regardless of if it was made yesterday or 1970.
View Quote

I think a preban mag is a misdemeanor. Postban mag is a violent felony, worse than child rape.

Correct me if I am wrong though.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
These are the same NYS troopers that are on our side when it comes to our gun rights that we hear about all the time right?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
These are the same NYS troopers that are on our side when it comes to our gun rights that we hear about all the time right?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_9/524506_NYS_Troopers_PBA:_WE_didn't_pass_the_SAFE_Act_Don't_blame_us

We urge the citizens of New York State to remember that Troopers are simply tasked with the lawful mandate to enforce the laws of the State, regardless of their personal opinion of such laws.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Every trooper has more then this in his or her own home yet they are exempt. What are we fucking animals that we are granted a felon if we have a mag with a capacity greater then 10 rounds . This picture looks like anyone's stockpile. What a bunch of shit this safe act is and we continue to sit back as it settles in as being accepted as a constitutional law.

Edit :There is more to this story
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 7:23:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Every trooper has more then this in his or her own home yet they are exempt. What are we fucking animals that we are granted a felon if we have a mag with a capacity greater then 10 rounds . This picture looks like anyone's stockpile. What a bunch of shit this safe act is and we continue to sit back as it settles in as being accepted as a constitutional law.

Edit :There is more to this story
View Quote

It's a free country but I don't haven't got right, to keep and bear the arms of my choice.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 11:25:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Last week outgoing AG Lynch said police should be held accountable.  I'm good with that. Let's start with  breaking and entering, felony theft, and violation of civil rights.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:20:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_9/524506_NYS_Troopers_PBA:_WE_didn't_pass_the_SAFE_Act_Don't_blame_us

We urge the citizens of New York State to remember that Troopers are simply tasked with the lawful mandate to enforce the laws of the State, regardless of their personal opinion of such laws.

Yeah this......really goes for cops in general. I do know plenty though that have no problem buying plenty of prohibited shit because "I'm exempt"
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah this......really goes for cops in general. I do know plenty though that have no problem buying plenty of prohibited shit because "I'm exempt"
View Quote

I was picking up a rifle last month from my transfer dealer & there was a cop in there taking delivery of a whole bunch of toys that us taxpaying citizens would get our lives ruined over, and he bragged to me & anyone else who would listen how these guns had nothing to do with his job, just Toys!
Things have to change!
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:14:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Stash photos, the original fake news.  They should only be allowed to show pictures of the stuff thats actually illegal, but a pot pipe and some mags isn't newsworthy. 
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 2:13:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I have to believe this is going to have to come to a head at some point
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have to believe this is going to have to come to a head at some point
View Quote
For me, it is a wait-and-see on who Trump manages to get appointed to the Supreme Court.  It will not be a cakewalk and Democrat's can still block his nominees by their 48 members supporting a filibuster (and again, a pox on the Republican's if they change the rules to allow a simple majority vote - it will bite them in the ass someday just like Harry Reid's "Nuclear Option" has done for the Democrat's with Trump's current slate of appointments).

However, assuming a strong pro-2nd Amendment candidate gets in, the next issue will be to get an MSR ban in front of the court and a subsequent favorable ruling.  When that happens, New York will not be able to maintain its ban.  At that point I suspect they would adopt licensing and registration, which has been upheld as constitutional.  At this moment, according to the NRA, there are two potential cases heading to the Supreme Court:

1) Peruta v. California which seeks recognition of the fundamental individual right of law-abiding gun owners to carry a firearm for self-protection.
2) Binderup v. Lynch which seeks to overturn a recent decision by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, where a divided court held that the lifetime ban in federal law on felons possessing firearms cannot be applied to some nonviolent individuals who committed relatively minor crimes many years ago.

So at this moment there are no cases that deal with MSR's heading to SCOTUS.  That could change depending upon the results of the 4th Circuit en banc hearing on Kolbe v. Hogan that seeks to overturn the previous three judge decision that said Maryland's AWB had to be decided under Strict Scrutiny.  The en banc hearing was this past May and still no ruling.  I suspect the 4th Circuit may be waiting to see what they will have to deal with at SCOTUS in order to keep themselves from embarrassment of being overturned.  Of course I would expect Maryland to appeal if the en banc ruling upholds the Strict Scrutiny ruling.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:54:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
For me, it is a wait-and-see on who Trump manages to get appointed to the Supreme Court.  It will not be a cakewalk and Democrat's can still block his nominees by their 48 members supporting a filibuster (and again, a pox on the Republican's if they change the rules to allow a simple majority vote - it will bite them in the ass someday just like Harry Reid's "Nuclear Option" has done for the Democrat's with Trump's current slate of appointments).

However, assuming a strong pro-2nd Amendment candidate gets in, the next issue will be to get an MSR ban in front of the court and a subsequent favorable ruling.  When that happens, New York will not be able to maintain its ban.  At that point I suspect they would adopt licensing and registration, which has been upheld as constitutional.  At this moment, according to the NRA, there are two potential cases heading to the Supreme Court:

1) Peruta v. California which seeks recognition of the fundamental individual right of law-abiding gun owners to carry a firearm for self-protection.
2) Binderup v. Lynch which seeks to overturn a recent decision by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, where a divided court held that the lifetime ban in federal law on felons possessing firearms cannot be applied to some nonviolent individuals who committed relatively minor crimes many years ago.

So at this moment there are no cases that deal with MSR's heading to SCOTUS.  That could change depending upon the results of the 4th Circuit en banc hearing on Kolbe v. Hogan that seeks to overturn the previous three judge decision that said Maryland's AWB had to be decided under Strict Scrutiny.  The en banc hearing was this past May and still no ruling.  I suspect the 4th Circuit may be waiting to see what they will have to deal with at SCOTUS in order to keep themselves from embarrassment of being overturned.  Of course I would expect Maryland to appeal if the en banc ruling upholds the Strict Scrutiny ruling.
View Quote

I'm 62 , how long do you think all this will take?
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm 62 , how long do you think all this will take?
View Quote

Too long!
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Trump can temporarily fix the AWB violations on day one by instructing federal prosecutors to go after anyone else that violates 2A.  Starting with NYSP.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 9:01:12 PM EDT
[#23]
We need a deadpool on here for stuff like this. 
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:32:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Trump can temporarily fix the AWB violations on day one by instructing federal prosecutors to go after anyone else that violates 2A.  Starting with NYSP.
View Quote
...and cite what case law?  There is no court ruling DOJ can cite at this time that says AWB's are a violation of the 2A.  If/until SCOTUS issues a definitive ruling (good luck with that - obfuscation is their watchword) that AWB's are a clear violation of the 2A, there is nothing the feds can do.  If SCOTUS accepts the Peruta case then New York's "May Issue" system will get shut down.  Of course they will probably be able to keep the myriad of hoops and delays in place associated with licensing as long as they ultimately grant said license.  In Nassau County, is $200 plus four references and a year or more just to get a license to exercise a right constitutional?  So far it is.

Sdsquad1 asked how long would all this take.  I am 54 and I would expect to be hitting retirement before anything starts to shake out.  Heller was passed NINE YEARS AGO and MacDonald SEVEN YEARS AGO.  To date, not only have few if any major gun laws been overturned, we now have even more restrictions than we did in 2008 and 2010.  SCOTUS has demurred from issuing any additional clarifying rulings so figure the next ruling on anything 2A is at least a year or more away assuming they take any cases this term.  Then with such a ruling in hand, assuming it is favorable, the whole process of challenging restrictive laws will start all over again at the bottom rung.  Maybe we will get lucky, get a strong 2A justice appointed soon and Kolbe v. Hogan will get sent to the Supreme Court.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top