Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2017 3:56:37 PM EDT
Anyone else get theirs yet. Just got mine in the mail today. NYSP/AC on the header.

Guess we can do it online, oh goodie.

FAC
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 4:23:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah we know...

And don't do it online...that's making their jobs easier...Make this painful and expensive for the state...and make it extremely inefficient.

This whole recertification is just us doing the gestapo government's job for them, because their database is so fucked and un-maintainable...unless we do it for them.

Do it at the LAST possible minute in late January of 2018...mail in the form, with a return receipt, and make the state enter it all in manually on their end. Fuck them.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah we know...

And don't do it online...that's making their jobs easier...Make this painful and expensive for the state...and make it extremely inefficient.

This whole recertification is just us doing the gestapo government's job for them, because their database is so fucked and un-maintainable...unless we do it for them.

Do it at the LAST possible minute in late January of 2018...mail in the form, with a return receipt, and make the state enter it all in manually on their end. Fuck them.
View Quote

I new it was coming too. Just wondered who got theirs yet.

Probably wait till the last minute too.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I new it was coming too. Just wondered who got theirs yet.

Probably wait till the last minute too.
View Quote

Haven't gotten my letter yet in Monroe County (Rochester area)...but yeah do it last minute by snail mail. Don't do it online!

Plus the online method is much more difficult, because you have to use drop down menus and find the make/model etc. manually...at least that is what the directions say you have to do...sounds like just writing it up by hand is easier anyway.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 4:49:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Not sending the paper form in until the last possible minute.  It's not much but I'll be damned if I am going to make it easier for them.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Does it say to print when you fill in information?  If not I'd suggest everyone works on their finest calligraphy with swooping swirling hand writing.  Some people just can't help having numbers that look like others... 8's and 9's, 4's and 1's, 7's and 3's...

Edit: I got a parking ticket once and the officer who wrote it messed up writing down my license plate and tried to pass off a (very clear) Y as a V and tried to make the ticket stick... it ultimately got thrown out but if they want to play those kinds of games, game on.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 5:55:56 PM EDT
[#6]
So you have to list all the handguns in your possession...
  I'm easily confused, what if most of mine happened to be at the shop for cleaning when I filled out the form and did not have possession of them?  There is a legal definition to possession probably.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So you have to list all the handguns in your possession...
  I'm easily confused, what if most of mine happened to be at the shop for cleaning when I filled out the form and did not have possession of them?  There is a legal definition to possession probably.
View Quote

Haven't looked yet but I'm guessing you'll have to list all of them.

It says in my letter: "Failure to recertify within the deadline provided below will result in the revocation of your pistol/revolver license."

Same shit as the AWB language.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 7:31:07 PM EDT
[#8]
this is a load of shit.   does the state have any idea what we have as far as pistols?  i would doubt it since its all held at the county level unless they report it to the state?  
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Haven't looked yet but I'm guessing you'll have to list all of them.

It says in my letter: "Failure to recertify within the deadline provided below will result in the revocation of your pistol/revolver license."

Same shit as the AWB language.
View Quote

So it was send certified letter, that you signed for, so the state knows you actually received it?
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 8:37:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I see in Dutchess county and Ulster county has started getting them... My friend got his 1/3/2017 he lives in Ulster...

My dad got his for Dutchess county.. lets see he hasn't lived in NYS for over 20 years and has been deceased for 2 years now..  My daughter sent me a text with what it said...

I'm still waiting for mine..
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 9:33:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My dad got his for Dutchess county.. lets see he hasn't lived in NYS for over 20 years and has been deceased for 2 years now..  My daughter sent me a text with what it said...
View Quote
My father got a juror qualification form last year.  He died in 1997...
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 10:19:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

hmm... so hes been voting for the democraps since 1997..

I couldn't resist..
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:01:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I couldn't resist..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I couldn't resist..

My uncle voted republican until the day he died, now he votes democrat.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:32:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So it was send certified letter, that you signed for, so the state knows you actually received it?
View Quote

LOl, by now they probably already have cameras set up in my house. EBR are evil.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:59:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Got mine and did the online recert.  Its a pain in the ass.  They don't prefill out anything in the forms for you.  Multiple pages of crap to fill out including everything about every pistol/revolver you own.  They *could have* made this a little easier by filling all this out for me and just allow me to recertify if correct or not.  sheesh.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 8:36:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Got mine and did the online recert.  Its a pain in the ass.  They don't prefill out anything in the forms for you.  Multiple pages of crap to fill out including everything about every pistol/revolver you own.  They *could have* made this a little easier by filling all this out for me and just allow me to recertify if correct or not.  sheesh.
View Quote

They  can't, because they don't know exactly what you do or do not have: This is confession to the State so they know what you have and where you're at so in the event of interaction with Authorities they know you're armed and a minimum of how many guns to be looking for:  This is EXACTLY what the registration on Assault Weapons was to be.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#17]
relisting everything I have on my permit is going to suck, many of the guns on my permit are coregistered from my dad and brother so I have a font and back of a second plastic card plus the back of the main main card

maybe I'll just photocopy the cards and mail that in
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

WAIT UNTIL JANUARY 2018 FOR CHRIST SAKE! AND DON'T DO IT ONLINE!!!

Don't make it easy for them to infringe upon our rights, and don't make it easy for them to force us to do THEIR work for them.

Make this painful for them to complete, and maybe they will toss it out like COBIS was tossed.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:13:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Don't make it easy for them to infringe upon our rights, and don't make it easy for them to force us to do THEIR work for them.

Make this painful for them to complete, and maybe they will toss it out like COBIS was tossed.
View Quote

This

We need to organize some sort of effort to make this happen
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 8:22:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This

We need to organize some sort of effort to make this happen
View Quote

If we could organize some sort of effort, there would be no SAFE Act in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If we could organize some sort of effort, there would be no SAFE Act in the first place.
View Quote

Well it was passed overnight remember, there really wasn't time to organize anything. It was already in place when we woke up. Our only hope was for the Senate not to pass it but as we know that didn't happen.

Does anybody now how many NY ARFCOM members we have here?
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 6:29:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Does anybody now how many NY ARFCOM members we have here?
View Quote

Not more than a couple hundred, tops.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well it was passed overnight remember, there really wasn't time to organize anything. It was already in place when we woke up. Our only hope was for the Senate not to pass it but as we know that didn't happen.
View Quote

The SAFE Act has received funding every year since that night. Plenty of time to organize since then. Members of the Senate like Tom O'Mara aren't even afraid to vote "yes" on the budgets that contain that funding. They know they will be re-elected just by telling us they are fighting to stop the SAFE Act.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

For those needing another reason not to renew online, read the response I received today from DMV when I asked about two registrations I renewed online on December 9, 2016 then never received. I can't help but wonder how many "malfunctions on a state-wide level" they will have with those who renew their handgun licenses online? "Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested"

Response By Email (REP-1) (01/17/2017 11:32 AM)
Dear Customer,

Due to a malfunction on a state-wide level, thousands of registrations that were processed between 12/08 and 12/09 were never printed.

Your registration documents have been duplicated and you should receive them shortly.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The SAFE Act has received funding every year since that night. Plenty of time to organize since then. Members of the Senate like Tom O'Mara aren't even afraid to vote "yes" on the budgets that contain that funding. They know they will be re-elected just by telling us they are fighting to stop the SAFE Act.
View Quote

We had them by the balls when all the downstate reps were pushing for rent control bills to be passed. We'll give you rent control for repeal of the SAFE Act but as usual the Rino's caved, rent control was passed and we got fucked yet again.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 11:33:22 PM EDT
[#26]
The NYSP and Emperor Cuomo can SUCK A DICK!
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#27]
I received my letter last week and completed it online in about 10 minutes. I just copied the information straight off my license and don't give a fuck if they know what I have at the state level.  There is an OPT OUT for people not wanting their permit info. making it out into public record. Fuck this state, fuck the governor, if I could I would just move away from everyone. SO sick of reading shit on here, hearing the BS on the news, facebook, snapchat, twitter and from my own libtard brother. This state will do whatever they want and there isn't anything we can do about it! Common sense gun laws is the term that everyone is jumping on. So...I did my part and filled out my stupid online form, fuck it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:06:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I received my letter last week and completed it online in about 10 minutes. I just copied the information straight off my license and don't give a fuck if they know what I have at the state level.  There is an OPT OUT for people not wanting their permit info. making it out into public record. Fuck this state, fuck the governor, if I could I would just move away from everyone. SO sick of reading shit on here, hearing the BS on the news, facebook, snapchat, twitter and from my own libtard brother. This state will do whatever they want and there isn't anything we can do about it! Common sense gun laws is the term that everyone is jumping on. So...I did my part and filled out my stupid online form, fuck it.
View Quote

Yep you pretty much summed it up.. Communist NY will never change until it goes to the level of Detroit and it will happen some day.

When my wife told me she hated FLA.. I told her no way i was ever  moving back to NYS.  We chose  middle ground of Jacksonville NC. Much nicer than Fla weather wise.. People are very polite here and I'm still in a free state...

Ill still encourage liberals to move to Communist NY so they can be contained.. You can all keep that shit hole called NY.. Liberals have ruined a really nice state.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yep you pretty much summed it up.. Communist NY will never change until it goes to the level of Detroit and it will happen some day.

When my wife told me she hated FLA.. I told her no way i was ever  moving back to NYS.  We chose  middle ground of Jacksonville NC. Much nicer than Fla weather wise.. People are very polite here and I'm still in a free state...

Ill still encourage liberals to move to Communist NYC so they can be contained.. You can all keep that shit hole called NYC.. Liberals have ruined a really nice state.
View Quote

Upstate is completely unrepresented, that is why things are the way they are. Ps. I fixed that shit for you. ^^^
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:47:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why are you making this easy on them? Do not use the online form and do not renew until the absolute last day possible. When you do renew mail it USPS and get signature confirmation so somebody has to sign for it. Make this the absolute biggest pain in the ass for them we can.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 1:12:33 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm going to be an even bigger prick and request that they send me the paper form in the mail.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 1:16:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cuomo the cunt thanks you for making it easy for them.  I thought we had a plan to all go the mail route at the last minute.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:06:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T MAKE IT EASY FOR THEM!!!

Mail it in, certified mail, the last couple days in January 2018. Make them enter it all in by hand on their end. Make it so expensive and painful for them, they will repeal the recertification part of the law.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:13:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T MAKE IT EASY FOR THEM!!!

Mail it in, certified mail, the last couple days in January 2018. Make them enter it all in by hand on their end. Make it so expensive and painful for them, they will repeal the recertification part of the law.
View Quote

Gun owners are our own worst enemy sometimes.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 7:00:45 PM EDT
[#35]
I will have to re-read the letter...

If what is posted here is accurate.

So, does merely post-marking a response before the deadline count as "re-certifying"?

If not, "Failure to re-certify" may mean, you have to re-certify prior to the deadline.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 8:06:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So, does merely post-marking a response before the deadline count as "re-certifying"?

If not, "Failure to re-certify" may mean, you have to re-certify prior to the deadline.

Any thoughts?
View Quote

Well either way we all need to re certify by mail, not online, so it's tough for them. Doing it online enters the info into their database automatically. Make them enter it all in.

And wait till at least January of 2018...make them get backed up!

No wonder we have all these gun laws...ny gun owners give in without so much as a wimper.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Upstate is completely unrepresented, that is why things are the way they are. Ps. I fixed that shit for you. ^^^
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/7/2017 9:41:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Too quick on that sir.
I have no intention of making this anything but arduous for the NYS gov't.

My question is simple, "What constitutes re-certification." Regardless of process, I think it is a valid question.

Quoted:
Well either way we all need to re certify by mail, not online, so it's tough for them. Doing it online enters the info into their database automatically. Make them enter it all in.

And wait till at least January of 2018...make them get backed up!

No wonder we have all these gun laws...ny gun owners give in without so much as a wimper.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/8/2017 2:18:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Any thoughts?
View Quote

My letter says the deadline to re-certify is 1/31/18. To me that means postmarked
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top