Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2017 8:31:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 7:17:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm convinced that Cuomo uses the "Mafia" style of governing and for anyone to have a business, the must pay homage to "the Family" commonly known as New York State.  
Andy-boy is a pussy disguised as a bully; he knows his days are numbered, while self convinced he can show everybody what a swell guy he is, and how those outside his circle (at least those under indictment or convicted) are out to get him.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 9:28:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Cuomo's touring he state for his state of the union because he's scared to speak before the legislature, either fearing a boycott or more yelling like last year. Looking for a way to shift the spotlight he's now supporting Uber with a 2.5% surcharge (of course)
View Quote
I had not heard about the 2.5% surcharge.  That in addition to his already proposed 50 cent per ride surcharge to support the MTA.  You know that charge will go up in lockstep with MTA price increases.

I really hate this @#)$(@#* state.  Not the geography mind you (I really love the north shore of Long Island not to mention central New York in the Finger Lakes region/Skaneateles/Batavia/Geneseo) but the government is beyond saving.  I wish I could wave my hands and magically replace New York's government, rules and regulations with New Hampshire's.  Yes I would have to shop at the "State Store" but the prices are good.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had not heard about the 2.5% surcharge.  That in addition to his already proposed 50 cent per ride surcharge to support the MTA.  You know that charge will go up in lockstep with MTA price increases.

I really hate this @#)$(@#* state.  Not the geography mind you (I really love the north shore of Long Island not to mention central New York in the Finger Lakes region/Skaneateles/Batavia/Geneseo) but the government is beyond saving.  I wish I could wave my hands and magically replace New York's government, rules and regulations with New Hampshire's.  Yes I would have to shop at the "State Store" but the prices are good.
View Quote

NH is good for now but your getting all those liberal MA people moving in just a matter of time they turn NH into the next MA shite hole.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 4:18:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, if he's out in public, he's a target, at least.  So we have that going for us.

And, well, fuck Uber, too.  I was interested in doing that as a side gig once in a while, but you have to have like a brand new car to do it.  So, I won't be giving them any of my money. 

ETA:  Out of curiosity, I looked again, and the years vary from 2000 to 2011.  That's changed since I last looked.  Last time I looked it was about 3 or 4 years old was the max age.  Still have to have a 4 door sedan. 
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 4:30:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 4:53:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't think Uber pays much
View Quote
I don't have much interest in letting dirty uberanimals in my vehicles.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 7:25:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:Out of curiosity, I looked again, and the years vary from 2000 to 2011.  That's changed since I last looked.  Last time I looked it was about 3 or 4 years old was the max age.  Still have to have a 4 door sedan. 
View Quote

People started wising up to the fact that you'd absolutely lose your ass if you bought a newish car to drive for Uber.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 10:08:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't have much interest in letting dirty uberanimals in my vehicles.
View Quote

Ever play "why that person's riding the Bus"?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top