Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2016 1:53:01 PM EDT
The ESACA site has been updated, the show is back at the Dome Jan 28/29. Will this bring the people back? Will it bring back the vendors? Crowds have been smaller since they left there before, lets see what happens. I know I'll be there in line before opening.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:19:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't been to a ny gun show since safe act. I will however be going to Harrisburg this weekend for their show.
Ammo prices are low, time to restock.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:29:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm going to go, as my membership is paid up thru 2019.  Most of the shows I've gone to in the past, I've been disappointed in prices.  But, what the hell, it'll only cost me gas to go, and can always stop at the stores I don't get to very often while I'm in the area.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 3:53:08 PM EDT
[#3]
We did the first two shows after they moved it to Hemlocck: SUCKED was an understatement.....
We're booked for the January show, so we'll see. Historically it was always a good show for handguns, if it's a bust then it'll be the last one we do with them.
Word to the wise: keep everything well secured and covered as things tend to "come up missing"  
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 4:07:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We did the first two shows after they moved it to Hemlocck: SUCKED was an understatement.....
We're booked for the January show, so we'll see. Historically it was always a good show for handguns, if it's a bust then it'll be the last one we do with them.
Word to the wise: keep everything well secured and covered as things tend to "come up missing"  
View Quote

Being as I don't live in MC, I don't buy handguns more than a few miles from Canandaigua. 
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 4:53:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I may go. Since I have not been to any after they moved it to Hemlock.  I don't have anything in mind to buy...Unless I come upon a good deal on a Remington 700 Short action for a future build.  Which I can't ever recall seeing at past shows.  Maybe some ammo or brass if prices are not too crazy.  But I'm not holding my breath...  Just a chance to walk around drinking coffee.

I should take a spare AR upper to walk around with and see if I can get anything for it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#6]
The new owners have been sinking a lot of money into updating the facility.  From the outside you can see a lot of work on the roof and a whole new HVAC system being installed.   Since I live only a few miles from the place I will go on both days  Not really looking for anything but you never know.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Being as I don't live in MC, I don't buy handguns more than a few miles from Canandaigua. 
View Quote

If you find a handgun you want to buy there, you might also find a Dealer local to you: transfer if dealer to dealer through them: most will do it as a curtsey for a better price than having it shipped to them....but ALWAYS ask first and establish the costs up front.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If you find a handgun you want to buy there, you might also find a Dealer local to you: transfer if dealer to dealer through them: most will do it as a curtsey for a better price than having it shipped to them....but ALWAYS ask first and establish the costs up front.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, you've mentioned that before.  Still too much of a pain.  I'm not in search of anything rare or exotic, so there are lots of choices of where to buy. 
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 11:58:18 AM EDT
[#9]
The show is this weekend. I'll be there looking for a couple Ruger Mark II mags for my Mark I, maybe some ammo too. Just wish I had the money to start the AR build I want to do.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 5:03:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I can't decide if I want to go or not. The last couple of shows I've been to have had a lot of junk, seriously over priced guns and ammo, and nothing that you couldn't get locally at any time.
Plus crowds of rude people. Gun owners are usually nice people, until you go to a gun show, then they will shove you out of the way so they can look at something.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 8:28:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I may go Sunday. The only thing I'm looking for right now is a garand but I'm not looking for a sniper correct ww2 issue one. Just something I can shoot. I know nothing about garands other than I want one.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 10:22:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I may go Sunday. The only thing I'm looking for right now is a garand but I'm not looking for a sniper correct ww2 issue one. Just something I can shoot. I know nothing about garands other than I want one.
View Quote

I'll just bet I've got the least expensive ones in the building.
rows M/N tables 9-10-11
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 10:54:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm on a budget. Anything less than a grand? No pun intended. That's my limit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Was in and out in about an hour, after being in line for half an hour before opening. Got two Ruger made Mark II mags for $50 cash. I'd call that a successful day for me.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 7:26:59 PM EDT
[#15]
How was it today? What time do the doors open tomorrow? Planning on heading up in the morning.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I enjoyed the show.  Got some ECWS clothing cheap, noname waterproof winter camo pants and shell for $30, Sterrite punches at $3 each, and a WW2 50 cal can for $15.  

Saw a number of unsafe compliant AK and AR.  Sir Plus had a rare 1917 clinometer which sold for $125.   Darn just realized I forgot to go back and grab a LPK.  

1201 forgot to mention his Garands are 1940 dated and indeed are somehow the least expensive at the show and a good deal at asking price.  He also had an IHC at a bit more that it hurt me to leave behind.  

Best thing though is to have so many of my friends in one place.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#17]
The show seemed pretty busy to me. I did buy a garand from 1201. He was very helpful in helping me select the right one for me. Thanks for that. You're right about his being the most reasonably priced.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:15:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Got there about 8:15 on Sunday, did a lot of browsing, but I really only needed a spur grip, and a couple patrick henry trigger guards for my mom's b-day present.  Seemed pretty busy, especially for a sunday.  Friend of mine picked up a bayonet for his K98 mauser.  Nice and worn looking just like his rifle.    BIL got a couple AR bits.

I'm going to mention to the Ontario co. clerk, if they'd be able to setup shop there to do amendments.

I almost bought a Mini-14 SS/Syn, there were a few of them there.  I'm just hoping to find one under $800, though.  I guess I really didn't want a matching one to my Mini-30 that bad. 

Good talkin' to ya FP, too! 
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 4:03:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Oh, and I wanted to stand out, so I had on the red MAGA hat and the shirt with all the gun silhouettes on it. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top