Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2016 6:39:19 PM EDT
https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=8&f=9&t=255654

Link from 2007. My friend submitted his paperwork in April 2016.  Had his interview and 2 months ago received a letter saying he was approved for his permit. Judge Mary Work has not since signed his permit and sent it to the pistol permit office. He has called repeatedly with no success. This is going on 8 months now total well passed the 6 month time limit for permits.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 7:35:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=8&f=9&t=255654

Link from 2007. My friend submitted his paperwork in April 2016.  Had his interview and 2 months ago received a letter saying he was approved for his permit. Judge Mary Work has not since signed his permit and sent it to the pistol permit office. He has called repeatedly with no success. This is going on 8 months now total well passed the 6 month time limit for permits.
View Quote

He could have moved to pa.. Got his driver lic and had his permit 2 pages ( 1 page front and back) within 45 business days.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 7:40:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Judge Work is done in January and is probably not working very hard until her retirement.  Hopefully the new Judge will be better.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#3]
fucking absurd
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Judge Work is done in January and is probably not working very hard until her retirement.  Hopefully the new Judge will be better.
View Quote

I think you are correct. I told my friend she will probably not sign and just leave it for the next judge. Still not right though. Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone else who may be waiting.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 9:38:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Doesn't the law state that NYS has six months to process the permit?    It did at one time, not sure about now.

You could always file a compliant with AG.   A waste of time, but it's their time wasted.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:15:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Doesn't the law state that NYS has six months to process the permit?    It did at one time, not sure about now.

You could always file a compliant with AG.   A waste of time, but it's their time wasted.
View Quote

Last time Work decided to sit on amendments (I had one pending for 4 months) I called my State Senator's office and complained.  It seemed to help as she relented and let the Sheriff's office handle amendments again.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:16:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Like the AG cares. I had a 16 month wait from the time I turned in the application to when it showed up in the mail. At the time, the Monroe county website said don't even bother asking about it until 9 months.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#8]
like they cared when the wait was 2 years to turn in an application in Onondaga
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top