Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:01:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:18:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Aimless:
The NY AG's office sure won't concede
View Quote
I would have said the same thing about NJ.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:41:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:

I'm hoping that the court sees nj order and agrees with it and grants our prelim injunction
View Quote
Does an AG conceding a point like that in this case about the 2nd amendment carry more weight in future cases than a favorable ruling from another court on another matter?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:18:48 AM EDT
[#8]
So if a taser is a bearable arm and cannot be banned how is an AR15 not a commonly owned bearable arm?  This is ridiculous.

Besides, they will just make tasers like handguns.  Hard and expensive to acquire and you can't carry it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:18:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jmo371] [#9]
@NoloContendere

any update?
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 5:37:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:22:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveM4P99] [#11]

no update. court has not ruled on the motions yet.
View Quote
Just prepare yourself for a banana republic style kangaroo court. NY judges are liberal activists, and are the most dishonest in the entire nation.

Most likely you will lose here, and lose again in the 2nd circus...then you will have to petition cert with SCOTUS, who will obviously rule in your favor (again)...

But then prepare for NY to make it akin to owning a handgun. I bet they will even require a mandatory class to own one, not to mention fees and restrictions on voltage / power allowable...kind of like the watered down pepper spray we have in NY that does nothing.

By the time we get tasers in NY, it will cost $300, and take 9 months...and what we will get will have the power equivalent of a static shock.

Not to sound ungrateful though! I hope this goes well, and leads to the striking of the Sullivan Act and the unSAFE act.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DaveM4P99:
Just prepare yourself for a banana republic style kangaroo court. NY judges are liberal activists, and are the most dishonest in the entire nation.

Most likely you will lose here, and lose again in the 2nd circus...then you will have to petition cert with SCOTUS, who will obviously rule in your favor (again)...

But then prepare for NY to make it akin to owning a handgun. I bet they will even require a mandatory class to own one, not to mention fees and restrictions on voltage / power allowable...kind of like the watered down pepper spray we have in NY that does nothing.

By the time we get tasers in NY, it will cost $300, and take 9 months...and what we will get will have the power equivalent of a static shock.

Not to sound ungrateful though! I hope this goes well, and leads to the striking of the Sullivan Act and the unSAFE act.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DaveM4P99:

no update. court has not ruled on the motions yet.

The longer the wait the more spectacular the mental gymnastics they're going to come out with.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:50:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveM4P99] [#13]
Yeah according to a Mother Jones article the judge read and cited in his decision, Tasers pose a risk to public safety, and the Supreme Court didn't actually unanimously say Tasers were protected by the 2nd amendment...they only said that Tasers could be owned as long as it posed zero danger to public safety...and since tasers can sometimes cause burns or heart attacks, we can't allow them in NY.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:24:52 PM EDT
[#15]
The governor made his position clear about people like us.

http://nypost.com/2014/01/18/gov-cuomo-to-conservatives-leave-ny/

That is all
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:36:23 AM EDT
[#16]
We will have safe act 2.0 before this is concluded in the courts. God only knows what that is going to look like but I imagine all the new methods for making a featureless rifle will be specifically banned.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 8:56:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aardvark] [#17]
Originally Posted By BenC:

The longer the wait the more spectacular the mental gymnastics they're going to come out with.  
View Quote
+1

No doubt about it.  As I noted back on page 1 of this thread in http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_9/607796_Hello-New-York--I-m-coming-to-your-state-soon--update--argument-in-Utica-on-3-24-17.html#i6712906 , they will come up with some kind of twisted logic to deny.  And I am sure Mother Jones will figure somewhere in the written decision   I expect nothing less from New York and the fact that I am seeing so many "For Sale" signs attached to houses around Long Island tells me more and more people are looking to get out as well.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 2:40:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Aardvark:
+1

No doubt about it.  As I noted back on page 1 of this thread in http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_9/607796_Hello-New-York--I-m-coming-to-your-state-soon--update--argument-in-Utica-on-3-24-17.html#i6712906 , they will come up with some kind of twisted logic to deny.  And I am sure Mother Jones will figure somewhere in the written decision   I expect nothing less from New York and the fact that I am seeing so many "For Sale" signs attached to houses around Long Island tells me more and more people are looking to get out as well.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Aardvark:
Originally Posted By BenC:

+1

Ooooh this ones going to be a good read.  I can feel it!  
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#19]

I don't know why it's taking so long.
View Quote
Welcome to the foot-draggin'ist, corrupted'ist, liberal'ist state in the nation. - Yosemite Sam
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#20]
The longer this goes.....
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 7:40:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 7:43:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 9:03:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Or not.

I knew someone (not a client) who sued in federal court and who had a good cas despite some bad facts (i.e. He looked bad). The judge sat on the motion for summary judgment I think for two years, probably hoping he would settle
View Quote
Is there not some means to prevent judges from doing such things?
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 9:34:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 9:37:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Dirty political pool playing NY justice system.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:53:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:48:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 6:22:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:45:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Thanks!
View All Quotes
I set it to not archive 
Thanks!
Lawyers sticking up for each other. Uh huh.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 2:58:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 3:11:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#35]
This is my shocked face --->  
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 3:25:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveM4P99] [#36]
Looking forward to the mental gymnastics the kangaroo court used to completely disregard a unanimous Supreme Court decision.

This case will not be won at the state level. NY judges are too dishonest and corrupt. It will need to go to SCOTUS.

Even after SCOTUS bitch slaps NY (in 3-5 years?), NY will still make owing a taser akin to owning a handgun - licensing, safety classes, fees, power restrictions etc. By the time we can own one, it will be so weak it wouldn't stun a baby.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 9:30:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Unfortunately you are never going to win in a state like NY. Ever.

It is simple. Either a court realizes that the 2nd protects all forms of bearable arms...or it thinks otherwise.

If it thinks otherwise, even just a little, there is no hope.

They are dishonest and corrupt, and often not very smart (Skretny for example is a total imbecile).
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:37:47 PM EDT
[#39]
From page 15:

Further, Avitabile's own affidavit details myriad other non-lethal or less-lethal devices
that exist for in-home self-defense purposes, making it hard to conclude at this point that the
stun gun ban effectively disarms individuals or substantially affects their ability to defend
themselves. See N.Y. State Rifle, 804 F.3d at 260.

Very interesting reading.  Just curious as to what other devices were listed in the affidavit-pots and pans, baseball bats????
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 5:30:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 5:37:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 8:42:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Supposedly a nyag claimed in a brief once that you can open carry long guns in ny. Bwah ha ha
View Quote
Maybe we should bus in some of those Open Carry Texas morons...
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 11:32:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Gee, I wish I was as good at predicting the stock market as this outcome. I'd have a fortune in the bank right now:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/hometown/Hello-New-York-I-m-coming-to-your-state-soon-update-District-Court-denies-PI-9-28-2017/9-607796/?page=1#i6712906
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 12:03:12 PM EDT
[#44]
While we all would have loved to see a full victory right now, not issuing the PI basically sounds more like a "I'm not issuing this because I don't have to and you can't make me." The real metal gymnastics will come later.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 12:25:59 PM EDT
[#45]
I didn't expect a NY Court to issue an injunction against behavior they deem acceptable.  I am not defeatist and I do expect NOLO to win this case.

Good luck man!
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 12:53:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Shqype:
I didn't expect a NY Court to issue an injunction against behavior they deem acceptable.  I am not defeatist and I do expect NOLO to win this case
Good luck man!
View Quote
This and only way to change this view is impeachment of these judges and stripped of license
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 12:44:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thirsty] [#48]
Originally Posted By cviss:
This and only way to change this view is impeachment of these judges and stripped of license
View Quote
Edited at Nolo's request.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 8:28:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By thirsty:

Disrobe them in a totally non-sexual, angry and vindictive way, but admittedly if it happened like that I'd have a had time hiding the fact I had a raging boner. A freedom boner. A froner, if you will.
View Quote
Someone just coined a term
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By CMPEBRFAN:
From page 15:

Further, Avitabile's own affidavit details myriad other non-lethal or less-lethal devices
that exist for in-home self-defense purposes, making it hard to conclude at this point that the
stun gun ban effectively disarms individuals or substantially affects their ability to defend
themselves. See N.Y. State Rifle, 804 F.3d at 260.

Very interesting reading.  Just curious as to what other devices were listed in the affidavit-pots and pans, baseball bats????
View Quote
What's at the crux of the issue is that this type of "but there are other weapons available to the user so we can ban this one" was very specifically struck down in Heller. This judge just knowingly violated a SCOTUS decision. Seriously, how do we ever win against people like this when SCOTUS won't even enforce their own decisions?
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top