BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2016 3:37:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
No flash suppressor or bayonet lug, asking price was around $ 1500
View Quote

They modify them at Buffalo gun center to make them legal.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 3:43:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Field and Stream has had them for a while but IIRC, they were asking $1600.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 5:34:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I beileve this one came that way from Springfield

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hmm interesting...a bit pricey for me tho
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hmm interesting...a bit pricey for me tho
maybe it was a full size, not a scout

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/4043

http://grabagun.com/springfield-ma9222nt-m1a-loaded-semi-auto-rifle-7-62-22-walnut.html

Woah cool, too bad I cannot afford...
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Herb's has had them in synthetic and wood for awhile.  I was going to get one but am now holding off to see what happens post election.

Not holding my breath though.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Runnings in Clay has one. Didn't bother to check the price. I'm happy with my 308 Garand and  nuetered M1A with ten round mags really doesn't offer much more.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Runnings in Clay has one. Didn't bother to check the price. I'm happy with my 308 Garand and  nuetered M1A with ten round mags really doesn't offer much more.
View Quote

Ironically a M1 Garand is as much or more than a M1A  
Over the decades I've built Garands in several calibers; I think one of the nicest was in .270 Winchester....talk about zero recoil.  
With the release of "Hacksaw Ridge"  I expect Garands to significantly increase in price...I got out of this one at $1,500.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/597185865  
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 11:30:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Over the decades I've built Garands in several calibers; I think one of the nicest was in .270 Winchester....talk about zero recoil.  
With the release of "Hacksaw Ridge"  I expect Garands to significantly increase in price...I got out of this one at $1,500.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/597185865  
View Quote

I'd like to build one in 6.5x55 just for the Hell of it...  I need another Garand.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 2:50:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/597185865   [img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_freak.gif[/img
View Quote

Also good- I have a Beretta BM59 kit.

Thinking of building it into a "BM1" .308 using my BM59 kit and the Garands internal magazine instead of a detachable mag version. Tim Shufflin does the conversion. All I need is a Garand receiver.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 6:29:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thinking of building it into a "BM1" .308 using my BM59 kit and the Garands internal magazine instead of a detachable mag version. Tim Shufflin does the conversion. All I need is a Garand receiver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/597185865   [url]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_freak.gif[/img

Humm, 6.5x55: now THAT would be a low-recoiling, highly accurate Rifle.  

SARCO Beretta kit?   I built a couple of them years back...messed around with a BM59 built on an Armscorp receiver....hey, it worked!
One thing to be aware of: The shortened and re-chambered in 7.62 Garand barrels ARE reamed to 7.62x51 NATO and WILL close on a .308 no-go gauge; That DOES NOT make them unsafe or out of spec.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 12:02:56 AM EDT
[#14]
.276 Pederson and the theoretical .256 cartridge Garands always interested me.  I've already got an abundance of 6.5x55 in hand though so the idea of an oddball garland in that caliber intrigues me.  I went as far as asking Lothar Walther if they'd make a barrel:

M-,
The prices are on the US Website.   www.lothar-walther.com
The 6.5 x 55 can probably be done.   The issue is the taper of the cartridge and how it will effect the magazine.
View Quote

Like most of my hairbrained schemes that's as far as I got.  Hmm 7.5 Swiss would be neat too...  lol
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 10:28:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/597185865   [url]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_freak.gif[/img

you should slap it together and let me play with it
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I saw one this past weekend at the range in LI. The front site was also taken off from the barrel and was replaced on the fore end of the wood. NYS legal. No flash suppressor or bayonet lug either. Shoulda taken a pic of it :/
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 12:22:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I thought the one I saw had a front sight mounted on the barrel

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/4043_1.jpg
View Quote

I love those but I just don't want to pay that kind of money for one.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Humm, 6.5x55: now THAT would be a low-recoiling, highly accurate Rifle.  

SARCO Beretta kit?   I built a couple of them years back...messed around with a BM59 built on an Armscorp receiver....hey, it worked!
One thing to be aware of: The shortened and re-chambered in 7.62 Garand barrels ARE reamed to 7.62x51 NATO and WILL close on a .308 no-go gauge; That DOES NOT make them unsafe or out of spec.  
View Quote

No, these are the more recent imports- not compatible with SARCO's Argentine BM59E barrels and other parts. Genuine Italian military Beretta BM59 parts.

The bolt that came in my kit was still in arsenal rust-resistant wrapping, zero round count. AIM was nice enough to send the 20-round mags from my kit to my brother in Ohio with the kit he ordered. The parts kits may still be out there and they're in great shape!
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 7:51:12 PM EDT
[#20]
LRB sells a very well made (not cheezy  made & finished like the ban era Chinese ones) dummy M14 Flash hider without the slots cut in it & no bayonet lug, mounted with the castle nut pinned/welded and it makes your M1A NY legal!
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm interested but the prices on those things are just too high.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I thought the one I saw had a front sight mounted on the barrel

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/4043_1.jpg
View Quote

Smith Enterprises (IIRC) makes two replacement front sights that eliminate the flash-hider mounted one: "Navy" and "H&K" designs. ~$100. from Brownells.  T

Magazine well is more an issue with larger diameter rounds:  I built one in .35 Whelen:  You could only load five or six rounds as they were too wide for the internal rails/guides.....I would think 6.5x55 wouldn't be of any issue at all....maybe that long-ass bullet hanging out the front maybe, but given the OAL of the '06 I doubt it would be a problem.
Next odd-ball I do will be a .338-06  
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 11:36:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Why don't they just put in a fake flash hider. Those look disgusting. Why aren't cosmetics taken into account. Most people don't want that.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 11:39:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
LRB sells a very well made (not cheezy  made & finished like the ban era Chinese ones) dummy M14 Flash hider without the slots cut in it & no bayonet lug, mounted with the castle nut pinned/welded and it makes your M1A NY legal!
View Quote

So I retract part of my previous post. Just what I was looking for !
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#25]
FWIW: A Chinese front sight/flash-hider will NOT work on a Springfield.....I picked one up for "compliance" but it didn't work....fuckers!  
Years past, I have turned sleeves and pressed them into devices for compliance.  
Stupid shit we do to appease some Politicians self-serving, good work.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
FWIW: A Chinese front sight/flash-hider will NOT work on a Springfield.....I picked one up for "compliance" but it didn't work....fuckers!  
Years past, I have turned sleeves and pressed them into devices for compliance.  
Stupid shit we do to appease some Politicians self-serving, good work.  
View Quote

What do you mean "it didnt work".
File off your muzzle threads, ream your castle nut, drill and tap both, peen the grooves on the barrel wack it on, dimple the barrel and screw in a set screw to hold it all on.  Been running one like this for years.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Set screw it.  Not that hard to do.  But dont grind off muzzle threads on a GI barrel.  Get a new prod barrel.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 8:11:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 9:17:19 PM EDT
[#29]
UMOS > Troy
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:22:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You want to explain to some DEC cop who has just called in the Troopers (like the cop in western NY did) because he saw you shooting at the range with "an assault rifle"?
View Quote

Living under a tyrannical government sucks, I keep a copy of that old letter from BATF (easily found online) that states the acceptable methods of mounting something permanently/eliminating threads on a barrel in my shooting bag, this should hopefully be enough to prevent a trip to the station, but when dealing tyrants you never know?
Hopefully, after a couple of SCOTUS appointments this tyrannical crap will go away! From what I know of Trumps Sons, I can't see them not pushing their father to end this crap one way or another!
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#31]
I bought an M1A Scout a few years ago and had a gunsmith make the modifications before picking it up.

i'd trade it in a heartbeat for a scar.

One day
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 8:21:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Sorry, Bubba ain't getting his dick-beaters on my rifles.  

The Chinese muzzle device didn't engage the splines, castle nut was wrong thread pitch....I didn't go on like the original, so I didn't bother dicking around with it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top