Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I graduate from grad school in Dec 2017. If all goes well, I'll be taking up residence in Ohio come mid-Jan 2018.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I suggest sending your paperwork on the last possible day certified mail and doodling dickbutt all over the form.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#3]
My fiance and I upgraded our permits to unrestricted full carry last year. I wonder if we need to recertify. Haven't gotten a letter yet.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My fiance and I upgraded our permits to unrestricted full carry last year. I wonder if we need to recertify. Haven't gotten a letter yet.
View Quote

Yes, it is from first day of issue, regardless if you move counties and it is reissued, or if you upgrade.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:53:06 PM EDT
[#5]
i moved out of state. should i even bother sending in the form. my mother just got the renewal form today. should i try to change to non resident permit?
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:22:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
i moved out of state. should i even bother sending in the form. my mother just got the renewal form today. should i try to change to non resident permit?
View Quote

Do you own a residence with your name on the deed?
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:42:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Not being a mathematician I rely on estimations: Even with a staff of 100 entering a thousand into the system every work day, you're still looking at three years to get the "old list" entered.  
The entire thing is an ill-though, feel-good idea that'll turn into a multi-million dollar cluster fuck netting minimalistic and arbitrary results that won't be realized for at least half a decade.
View Quote

Those who recertify online will facilitate their info being painlessly imported into the database. This is why the paper forms should be mailed in, return receipt requested, on January 31, 2018. Let that staff of 100 sit around all year with no records to enter. Then overwhelm them in 2018.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 10:30:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Those who recertify online will facilitate their info being painlessly imported into the database. This is why the paper forms should be mailed in, return receipt requested, on January 31, 2018. Let that staff of 100 sit around all year with no records to enter. Then overwhelm them in 2018.
View Quote

Judging by the number of "from my cold dead hands" crowd who rushed to register their "assault weapons" just to stay legal I do not expect widespread noncompliance.  Hell, the trap shooting fraternity at my gun club are already rushing to fill out the online form for their pistols despite my advice to wait.  Their excuse is they do not want to take a chance on losing their guns because the paper form got lost in the mail.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#9]
FUCK that I'm waiting till the last minute.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 10:45:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Judging by the number of "from my cold dead hands" crowd who rushed to register their "assault weapons" just to stay legal I do not expect widespread noncompliance.  Hell, the trap shooting fraternity at my gun club are already rushing to fill out the online form for their pistols despite my advice to wait.  Their excuse is they do not want to take a chance on losing their guns because the paper form got lost in the mail.  
View Quote

Well I'm not waiting till January 31 (CCP), but I'm in no hurry either.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 10:50:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mmmm, 4% compliance is a crowd? I thought NY gunners did a pretty good job of sticking a middle finger up to Cuomo, that scum sucking ass clown D'Amico, and Schneiderman with the horrible compliance numbers...
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 1:54:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Idiots. File paper form two weeks before deadline with return receipt. If it doesn't show as delivered, electronically recertify in time.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 2:01:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I suggest sending your paperwork on the last possible day certified mail and doodling dickbutt all over the form.
View Quote
I have a dickbutt stamper!
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Idiots. File paper form two weeks before deadline with return receipt. If it doesn't show as delivered, electronically recertify in time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jan 31, 2018 will be my mailing date.  I'll make sure to fill out the form in crayon, they taste better, but purple doesn't taste like grape.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'll make sure to fill out the form in crayon, they taste better, but purple doesn't taste like grape.
View Quote

You're getting the wrong crayons then.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#16]
nvm
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Well I got mine in the mail Friday. Guys, we need to organize an effort to make this as difficult as possible for those doing the governors bidding.

If your permit was issued before 1/15/13 (when the SAFE Act was implemented) the deadline to submit your re-certification paperwork is 1/15/18. Do not submit it any earlier than that and do not use the online form. Print the paper form, fill it out, mail it the pistol permit bureau and mail it in certified mail so that somebody has to physically sign for it and get a return receipt so that if there is an issue you can show who signed for it.  If your permit was issued after 1/15/13, follow the same steps when it's time to "re-certify".

Let's not make it any easier on those who work daily to erode our rights. If we find a question or something that hasn't been answered, post it in here and let's see if we can get an answer. Or feel free to call the help line and post their answer here so everybody can see it.

Also, should we change the thread title to make this the one official thread for this subject?
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 1:14:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If your permit was issued before 1/15/13 (when the SAFE Act was implemented) the deadline to submit your re-certification paperwork is 1/15/18. Do not submit it any earlier than that and do not use the online form. Print the paper form, fill it out, mail it the pistol permit bureau and mail it in certified mail so that somebody has to physically sign for it and get a return receipt so that if there is an issue you can show who signed for it.
View Quote

I will do exactly this, thank you.

ETA:  Letter just came in the mail.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 2:27:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I just got my notice in todays mail, I'm going to wait until Jan of 2018 and send the paper form in. Please encourage everyone you know to do the same.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#20]
still waiting for mine... I "renewed" my permit in 2013 not sure if that matters...
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I just got my notice in todays mail, I'm going to wait until Jan of 2018 and send the paper form in. Please encourage everyone you know to do the same.
View Quote
This.  This.  And only this.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 11:13:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:So what does one do if he has his buddy's  pistols on his permit and his buddy passed away and never actually passed along said pistols?
View Quote

or sold them and never told you to remove them from your permit?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top