Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2016 11:11:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:23:59 PM EDT
[#1]
"The budget gaps are largely due to a larger-than-expected drop in personal income-tax revenue — $1.2 billion"

Maybe those assholes should have invested in moving company stocks to offset the budget gaps.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 7:18:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They cant touch my pension I'm protected LOL. We have an agreement LOL .

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/politics/politics-on-the-hudson/2016/11/15/ny-faces-growing-budget-gaps/93918926/
View Quote

What's that old saying about the "golden rule"?  Those who have the gold make the rules.....You don't think for a second their pensions are in danger do you?

Look around, try and start a business or remain viable in one; If the State isn't getting its mafia cut, you're out.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"The budget gaps are largely due to a larger-than-expected drop in personal income-tax revenue — $1.2 billion"
View Quote
No kidding.  Most of my income this year is from savings and investments.  I am a 54 year old IT professional and the market is dead despite all the job postings.  So many of these jobs are unfilled because they are for Purple Unicorns.  The positions are so narrowly defined with a dozen or so diverse prerequisites that maybe one person on the planet might meet the criteria.  I will probably qualify for the EIC this year as my current employer pays me a small stipend and covers my medical insurance 100%.  We just have not had the sales or consulting income that we used to have.  Head hunters are desperate to fill jobs and I get contacts from them from time to time.  But their push to get the commission makes them overlook the job requirements versus my skills.  I had one guy practically begging me to interview for a position I had no interest in or qualifications for.  I guess they hope you will find something with the employer, maybe not the posted job, and they will get their money.  Been there, done that already with getting sent on dead end interviews and wasting both my time and the employers time.

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#4]
The saddest  part is.. When i walk into a wawa (7-11 type) in fort myers fl on the door is a sign for hiring managers 71,000 to start plus perks assist manager starting out 47,000 plus perks..

NYS is a lost cause.. I was shocked at what they were paying..

NYS will end up like detirot with the liberals at the helm.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 8:49:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The saddest  part is.. When i walk into a wawa (7-11 type) in fort myers fl on the door is a sign for hiring managers 71,000 to start plus perks assist manager starting out 47,000 plus perks..
NYS is a lost cause. I was shocked at what they were paying.
View Quote

On the flip side my friend in NY makes over $200K/year doing a job that pays $15/hour down here because he's union.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 1:08:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

On the flip side my friend in NY makes over $200K/year doing a job that pays $15/hour down here because he's union.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He should get it while he can because eventually the non-union folks who are forced to pay for that will no longer have the means to afford it.  The MTA fares are going up again in March 2017.  I am already avoiding looking at jobs in Manhattan as so much of a salary will get eaten up with commuting costs (not to mention 1.5 hours each way) AND I will still have a car with its expenses as well.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

He should get it while he can because eventually the non-union folks who are forced to pay for that will no longer have the means to afford it.  The MTA fares are going up again in March 2017.  I am already avoiding looking at jobs in Manhattan as so much of a salary will get eaten up with commuting costs (not to mention 1.5 hours each way) AND I will still have a car with its expenses as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife spends $400 a month on tolls commuting to long Island. My uncle was up from South Carolina last week and the taxes for one year on his 4 bedroom house on one acre are $400. I couldn't believe we pay the same period month on tolls as his taxes for the year. He only lives about 20 min. From Myrtle Beach too.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My wife spends $400 a month on tolls commuting to long Island. My uncle was up from South Carolina last week and the taxes for one year on his 4 bedroom house on one acre are $400. I couldn't believe we pay the same period month on tolls as his taxes for the year. He only lives about 20 min. From Myrtle Beach too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The North East is dead unless your a member of the FSA or a total fucking liberal and you need the services then this is the place for you. Between all the unions including the public unions this North East is a cesspool. $1,160 a month for property tax, and $385 a month for tolls.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 10:10:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The North East is dead unless your a member of the FSA or a total fucking liberal and you need the services then this is the place for you. Between all the unions including the public unions this North East is a cesspool. $1,160 a month for property tax, and $385 a month for tolls.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keeping in mind the Northern Counties are mostly rural with a significantly lower economic base, I am absolutely astounded at the cost of living let alone owning property down there....we run our monthly household expenses and three of us drive 125+/- miles a day for what you're paying in property tax and tolls.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#10]
125+/- miles is a huge daily commute unless your staying for a few days.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

3 people = 42 mi each

21 mi each way.

Thats a short commute from out here.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 5:16:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

3 people = 42 mi each
21 mi each way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3 people = 42 mi each
21 mi each way.

Haha 21 miles. There are guys that come into the Bronx 66 miles one way everyday including some weekends. 132 miles R/T everyday say 5days 660 miles a week 2,640 miles a month. 31,680 miles a year. 12 to 15 hour days with the commute. Like hamsters on a fucking treadmill.

Edit:spelling
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 7:11:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Haha 21 miles. There are guys that come into the Bronx 66 miles one way everyday including some weekends. 132 miles R/T everyday say 5days 660 miles a week 2,640 miles a month. 31,680 miles a year. 12 to 15 hour days with the commute. Like hamsters on a fucking treadmill.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

3 people = 42 mi each
21 mi each way.

Along with my wife's $400 in tolls she puts around 5000 miles a month on the older honda  commuter car we have. I pull it in the garage the first weekend of every month to change the oil and rotate the tires. We buy an older model car every 2 to 3 years just for her commute to work.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 10:44:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Lets see, create a highly taxed highly regulated business environment, oppress your law abiding citizens, turning many of them into Felons with an unconstitutional law passed in the dark of night by a bunch of convicted thugs, Then tell those same  productive citizens that they are no longer welcome in NYS & they should leave, kiss the FSA's asses, encourage & reward their "sucking off the govt tit" behaviors, encouraging them to breed like rats, even import as many as possible from south of the border, just to create more Democratic party voters.
Allow all your friends & yourself to steal as much govt cash as possible through corruption,
Then wonder why all the jobs & job creators ran away as you told them to!
That Andy boy is a really smart guy!
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 11:21:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Haha 21 miles. There are guys that come into the Bronx 66 miles one way everyday including some weekends.
View Quote

I worked with a cop who's commute was 72 miles one way.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 11:26:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Lets see, create a highly taxed highly regulated business environment, oppress your law abiding citizens, turning many of them into Felons with an unconstitutional law passed in the dark of night by a bunch of convicted thugs, Then tell those same  productive citizens that they are no longer welcome in NYS & they should leave, kiss the FSA's asses, encourage & reward their "sucking off the govt tit" behaviors, encouraging them to breed like rats, even import as many as possible from south of the border, just to create more Democratic party voters.

Allow all your friends & yourself to steal as much govt cash as possible through corruption,

Then wonder why all the jobs & job creators ran away as you told them to!

That Andy boy is a really smart guy!
View Quote
Don't forget our NEW PAYROLL TAX coming in January 2018 to support the Family Leave Act (http://www.laboremploymentlawblog.com/2016/04/articles/new-york-employment-legislation/new-york-state-passes-12-week-paid-family-leave-law/)  It will be around $1 or so per employee per week ($52/year) deducted from the employees paycheck.  But you know it is going to go up at a future date when a lot of people discover the free money and deplete the fund.  Funny thing is Missouri rejected the exact same thing because it was considered regressive by the legislature.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Well the sooner I'm out of here the better . I don't want to cut and run but no one seems to be organizing.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 9:07:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well the sooner I'm out of here the better . I don't want to cut and run but no one seems to be organizing.
View Quote

A good many of us feel the same way...turning a ship the size of this State and Country takes time, planning, and enormous man-power.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 12:06:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

A good many of us feel the same way...turning a ship the size of this State and Country takes time, planning, and enormous man-power.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately I'm 62 and have a few years left god only knows. At this age I'm ready I know it sounds crazy but for our god given rights and for my fellow New Yorkers I would run the gauntlet right to the state capital. There is no hope of turning this state around  we are totally outnumber by the left by enormous numbers  I am tired of having my money stolen through a perceived legal means. We voice are concerns that we are not happy yet we are ignored. This state is politically out of its fucking mind.. It is time for me and my family to abandoned our home and head to freedom. We are not wanted anyway so we will move where we are wanted and where we can afford to live as free people not as an indentured servants. We want to enjoy the remaining years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top