Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/9/2016 4:33:43 AM EDT
Since Donald Jr. created the 2nd Amendment Coalition, do we have a bright future ahead by getting rid of SAFE since we also won the senate?
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 5:14:20 AM EDT
[#1]
No but moving to a free state and having it stay that way is at least a possibility now.

If the cunt would have won, there would have been a nationwide version of the safe act.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 7:45:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Depends on how the Supreme Court acts under his administration. SAFE act already violates Heller by banning a class/group of firearm not to mention a couple other areas of the constitution.

Hopefully this 2nd Amendment coalition actually does something positive for us, I'm tired of NY being ignored for the most part in fight to protect our 2nd amendment rights.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 8:33:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Only effect trump will have is if he replaces a liberal USSC justice and then an AWB case finally taken up by the supreme court. There really isn't anything he can do on state laws. Best realistic case scenario we are looking at a few years still but there is a genuine light at the end of the tunnel now.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 8:42:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Only effect trump will have is if he replaces a liberal USSC justice and then an AWB case finally taken up by the supreme court. There really isn't anything he can do on state laws. Best realistic case scenario we are looking at a few years still but there is a genuine light at the end of the tunnel now.
View Quote
Indeed. I was scared the Hillary was going to make sure the Second Anendment was just words on paper with a SCOTUS ruling. Now with the possibility of Marylands AWB getting a bump to SCOTUS there is real light at possibly getting a definitive Heller ruling.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 8:58:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Indeed. I was scared the Hillary was going to make sure the Second Anendment was just words on paper with a SCOTUS ruling. Now with the possibility of Marylands AWB getting a bump to SCOTUS there is real light at possibly getting a definitive Heller ruling.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ayup. There might be another thing Trump could do but I DO hope we get a nice, conservative SCOTUS who will rule AWB's unconstitutional. Then the bullshit gun laws in CT, California, NY, etc. go away.

Link Posted: 11/9/2016 10:08:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ayup. There might be another thing Trump could do but I DO hope we get a nice, conservative SCOTUS who will rule AWB's unconstitutional. Then the bullshit gun laws in CT, California, NY, etc. go away.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is an article on the Maryland case: http://wtop.com/maryland/2016/05/us-appeals-court-to-hear-maryland-gun-control-case/

A SCOTUS overturn of the bans would be a victory for the Second Amendment but I have this gut feeling that New York would simply add AWB's to the Sullivan Law and we would be stuck with the licensing and registration bull$#!t handguns currently enjoy.  Slightly better than nothing but unless Sullivan is overturned New York will continue to make it as difficult as possible to exercise Second Amendment rights.  Handgun licensing in Nassau County will run you several hundred dollars in fees every five years.  I never bothered...
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 10:23:51 AM EDT
[#7]
My personal hope is that Trump cleans house at the DOJ, and the restraints are taken off Preet, so he can move forward to prosecute a certain scumbag princess who's been protected so far. Putting andy in jail may be a faster path to repeal.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Problem is the MD case would very likely be up to USSC review before any liberal is replaced unless one of them retires almost immediately which I do not see happening, they are going to hate die on the bench.

I would not risk a precedent setting AWB case with a 4-4-1 court which we will have once Scalia is replaced. We need Ginsburg or Breyer replaced
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 12:40:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Let him get two conservative judges on the Supreme Court, after that its time to start filing in court
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 1:38:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Im going with Trump Jr for governor! Thats about all the chance we have for firearms in this state.  Everything else is soo far away it just is not worth holding on to.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 2:49:40 PM EDT
[#11]
DO you imagine if we could get the Hearing Protection Act in NY?
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 2:58:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

What good would that be if threaded barrels are awb features?
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean, IF this coalition actually does something for NY and challenge and remove the previous laws. that would be a long stretch but hopefully possible.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 3:05:02 PM EDT
[#14]
We truly have a friend in Trump Jr. He is very pro 2nd amendment, hates ny handgun laws & really hates the SAFE ACT, he & his brother had to make the same choices as many of us about SAFE compliance. Does this help us?  I'd say yes, if there is a way to help he is the guy to find it & his father listens to him.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 3:41:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We truly have a friend in Trump Jr. He is very pro 2nd amendment, hates ny handgun laws & really hates the SAFE ACT, he & his brother had to make the same choices as many of us about SAFE compliance. Does this help us?  I'd say yes, if there is a way to help he is the guy to find it & his father listens to him.
View Quote

Spot on, supposedly, Jr brang up the idea of the Coalition and Sr. said, "Let's do it, but I want you to be in charge".
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 4:13:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Umm...doesn't the current DOJ spend unlimited tax dollars going into states and suing when a state or local gov violates civil rights?  you telling me the 2nd isn't a civil right?   The SCOTUS has already ruled on this, just need a DOJ that isn't politically compromised.

What am I missing?
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 4:32:56 PM EDT
[#17]
The best thing President-Elect Trump can do is over the next 4 years get two or three conservatives on the USSC. He has an open pick right now and Ginsberg is 83 and hasn't been in the best of health for years. She has been hinting for the past few years at stepping down. If we are lucky, she will...

That would eliminate the biggest bleeding heart liberal on the court and give trump the chance to stack the court with a 6-3 majority. With a 6-3 conservative court and a pro-2nd president, there would be ample opportunity to make some significant changes.

But until that happens, not much will change. A 5-4 court will not revisit previous decisions or take any similar ones coming up the legal ladder.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 5:08:00 PM EDT
[#18]
The first thing AG Giuliani can do is send Preet after schneiderman on racketeering  charges
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 5:26:30 PM EDT
[#19]
If a federal law passes in support of the federal constitution isn't there some supremacy clause that would null and void state laws?

Any way, if two conservative pro gun judges get to the court SAFE is done
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 5:59:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AWB feature on guns with detachable magazines...
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 6:00:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The first thing AG Giuliani can do is send Preet after schneiderman on racketeering  charges
View Quote

Stop, just please stop.  That would be amazing.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 7:30:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I would not risk a precedent setting AWB case with a 4-4-1 court which we will have once Scalia is replaced. We need Ginsburg or Breyer replaced
View Quote

We need Ginsburg and Breyer to spend the night at Cibolo Creek Ranch!
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 11:06:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/9/2016 11:31:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Full Silencer Co interview with Trump Jr, he talks about NY and SAFE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vlu2G5UkXk
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 12:16:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately possession of a silencer is a Class D felony (265.02) in NY even if you get suppressors removed from the NFA.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 12:38:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

If Preet is smart, he will suck up to the new boss by taking down both Schneiderman and Cumhole.  Both are dirty as fuck and now that the Clinton AG ship has sailed...
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

If a federal law passes in support of the federal constitution isn't there some supremacy clause that would null and void state laws?

Any way, if two conservative pro gun judges get to the court SAFE is done

No.  Unless the law in question is actually unconstitutional, then the Tenth Amendment applies.  Of course to get around that, as the feds often do, they simply threaten to cut off federal funds for something if the state does not comply.  That is how we got .08% DWI and seatbelt laws.  The feds told the states, who were within their rights to ignore the federal law, that they either adopt it or their highway funds get cut.  Various gun control bills could threaten to cut various federal programs to states that refuse to adopt the law.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Actually not entirely correct.  We have national concealed carry, 10th Amendment notwithstanding, for active or retired law enforcement officers because Congress added 18 USC 926(B) and (C) granting it.  A president could likewise actively seek legislation adding 18 USC §926(D) to create a bar to a state banning or restricting possession and use of firearms (and their accessories) conducive to promoting marksmanship skills among the general population.  It only need be crafted carefully to allow prosecution where such arms are used in furtherance of a criminal act, but not for marksmanship, sporting or other uses.    

Frankly, due to the rational relationship between such marksmanship skills and the President's power as Commander in Chief, he could even issue an Executive Order on the subject.  In light of Obama Administration gross misuse of the power to issue executive orders, however, this would be a constitutional (Article I/Article II) mistake, although certainly not a constitutional (2nd Amd.) mistake.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 3:15:52 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm gonna go with... Nothing's gonna change in NY until the deep blue area is chopped off.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#30]
There is no doubt Cuomo is going to run for president in 4 years.   The safe act is going to be a huge albatross around his neck as the gun control issue has proven time and time again to be a loser on the national stage. It would be funny if all of a  sudden he began to make noises about " improving " the Safe Act and walking back elements of it to improve his presidential chances.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#31]
He needs to be in prison in less than 4 years.  
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 4:06:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
There is no doubt Cuomo is going to run for president in 4 years.   The safe act is going to be a huge albatross around his neck as the gun control issue has proven time and time again to be a loser on the national stage. It would be funny if all of a  sudden he began to make noises about " improving " the Safe Act and walking back elements of it to improve his presidential chances.
View Quote

Cumhole does not have a snowball's chance in Hell of ever being considered by the DNC (or any other NC) for a presidential run.  Only in his wet dreams!
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 6:02:22 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

He needs to be in prison in less than 4 years.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/10/2016 7:08:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Cumhole does not have a snowball's chance in Hell of ever being considered by the DNC (or any other NC) for a presidential run.  Only in his wet dreams!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lets not forget who we're talking about here, Prince Andy Boy Scumbag Cuomo, he is truly delusional & may have actually convinced himself that he has a chance!
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 10:46:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Lets not forget who we're talking about here, Prince Andy Boy Scumbag Cuomo, he is truly delusional & may have actually convinced himself that he has a chance!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

he might run but he will draw less votes than O'Malley did in the primary this year
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 12:22:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Trump winning gives me hope. Faint hope, but hope nonetheless.

Link Posted: 11/11/2016 4:05:34 AM EDT
[#37]
The SAFE Act was going to SCOTUS before Scalia died.  It's going to go again right quick when Trump appoints his justices.  

Have hope
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 8:39:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 11:05:02 AM EDT
[#39]
The 50 state reciprocal ccw is going to be interesting, some guy from free America will be able to ccw in NYC while some poor serf who lives there with his target permit can't take his gun out of the city to shoot at the range?
The lawsuits are gonna be flying!!
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The 50 state reciprocal ccw is going to be interesting, some guy from free America will be able to ccw in NYC while some poor serf who lives there with his target permit can't take his gun out of the city to shoot at the range?
View Quote

That's fine.  It will be a big F U to the shitty ass liberal states.  I can't wait to carry in Jersey.

Link Posted: 11/11/2016 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

NYPD will still arrest you in violation of Federal law, just like they do with FOPA protected transport of a firearm through NYC.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The SAFE Act was going to SCOTUS before Scalia died.  It's going to go again right quick when Trump appoints his justices.  

Have hope
View Quote

I wouldn't want to risk it with SC until one of the liberal justices gets replaced, then go for the full push
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Have hope
View Quote

As I recall from earlier this year, Tom King stated that the appeal was dead because there was a time limit to file an appeal with SCOTUS.  Since Scalia had passed, they felt it was too risky to move forward so the 2nd Circus ruling stands and the time has expired to move forward on NYSRPA vs. Cuomo.

I believe there is still opportunity to file a new case with new grounds but this case is closed.  That is why I think the Maryland case, Kolbe v Hogan, is important once Trump gets a new justice on the court.  The 4th Circuit had ruled that Strict Scrutiny was required and sent the case back to the lower court.  Maryland requested an en banc hearing which was granted and oral arguments were heard May 11, 2016.  To date, there has been no ruling.  If they rule for Strict Scrutiny, the state will surely appeal to SCOTUS.  If the state wins, the plaintiffs will most likely appeal.  Either way it looks like a good path to the Supreme Court.  Before this Tuesday I was hoping to see Maryland win to keep the case out of the Supreme Court but now I am more optimistic.

Link Posted: 11/11/2016 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

NYPD will still arrest you in violation of Federal law, just like they do with FOPA protected transport of a firearm through NYC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good,  a pro 2nd justice department will cut NYC's  balls off for violating the patriot's  constitutional rights + the falsely arrested patriot will have hit the Red Billie lotto!
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#45]
YOU get a flash hider!  And YOU get a flash hider!  And YOU get a flash hider!  Everyone gets a flash hider!

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 3:19:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Let's say Don, Jr's influence is enough to get Trump to consider restricting federal funding to NY until they repeal SAFE. Is that a possibility? The feds often threaten to withhold funding to get states to fall in line.

I mean, I understand it is never going to happen, but Trump seems like the kind of president to squeeze politicians to get what he wants.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Be wary of what you wish for.  If reciprocity happens it will be within state carry rule. NYS has relatively few no carry zones because so few people can legally carry.  If that changes no carry zones will pop up like dandelions in spring.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 7:38:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Be wary of what you wish for.  If reciprocity happens it will be within state carry rule. NYS has relatively few no carry zones because so few people can legally carry.  If that changes no carry zones will pop up like dandelions in spring.
View Quote

What difference does it make, as to most the entire state is a no carry zone, with the threat of going to prison if you choose to exercise your constitutional right.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I disagree, I think this will be a vehicle of change.  If out of state CCW persons home state full carry licenses are entitled to full faith and credit in all states it undercuts the visiting states legitimacy in restricting the rights of its residents.  NYC will be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 8:14:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not so sure of that, most of the state is probably going to stay a carry zone because most of the state is pro-gun. NYC doesn't care because they don't issue carry permits. You may see more signs pop up in NYC, but I doubt you'll see laws get stricter.

Although it will be interesting to see the lawsuit about NYS permits not being recognized in NYC.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top