Posted: 11/8/2016 8:48:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 9:30:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Me too!

Link Posted: 11/8/2016 9:51:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 11:05:33 PM EDT
[#3]
An open letter to the voters of NY:  (not you, arfcom)

Fuck you.

That is all.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 11:05:43 PM EDT
[#4]
From the looks of the NYS Board of Elections site, we are about the only ones who did.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 12:24:40 AM EDT
[#5]
So if we have a SCOTUS loaded by Trump, is there still a fight to bring down SAFE act?
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 1:44:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So if we have a SCOTUS loaded by Trump, is there still a fight to bring down SAFE act?
View Quote
Sadly no. That case was abandoned. However, there is a case from Maryland waiting on a 4th circuit en banc ruling. If that eventually makes it to SCOTUS that could overturn SAFE.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 3:30:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I too voted Trump. The machine would not read my votes, kicked the scan back out. The polling person tried too - no dice.

Then he looked at all of my results, smiled, whacked the machine on the side, and it accepted it.

I was hoping for a miracle with Schumer eating Hillary's dick at her headquarters and dying, but no such luck yet.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 5:23:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I voted and my ballot number for my district was 556. So I got that going for me.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 6:44:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 10:26:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Look at an electoral map, it's NYC and the upstate ghettos that carried my again
View Quote

Ah the dream of letting them have their own State: it would make the rest of us very happy indeed!

The one thing we've got to remember is it takes time:  He won't be sworn into Office for two months and it'll take that many more before things start moving, and years to undo the damage by the last administration.  I hope beyond all possibilities DJT appoints REAL hero's, knowledgeable people and not the status quo of who donated or worked on the campaign.....there was an outstanding picture of the suggested Cabinet that I'd love to see enacted to really turn things around.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#11]
I wouldn't say I voted for, more I voted against Killary. On the plus side, I'm planning to go look at a pistol Friday, with clinton losing gun shops will have stock at decent prices.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 11:06:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ah the dream of letting them have their own State: it would make the rest of us very happy indeed!

The one thing we've got to remember is it takes time:  He won't be sworn into Office for two months and it'll take that many more before things start moving, and years to undo the damage by the last administration.  I hope beyond all possibilities DJT appoints REAL hero's, knowledgeable people and not the status quo of who donated or worked on the campaign.....there was an outstanding picture of the suggested Cabinet that I'd love to see enacted to really turn things around.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look at an electoral map, it's NYC and the upstate ghettos that carried my again

Preet for AG.  Preet as AG with orders to burn NY to the ground...  Preet as AG with no restraints to take Cuomo down...  The list goes on...
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#13]
maybe we can get an executive order for national right to carry in the first 100 days
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

And let me remind everyone, if the five boroughs of NYC were a district, a separate entity from the state, the state would have gone red.

#freeupstateNY
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 12:56:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
And let me remind everyone, if the five boroughs of NYC were a district, a separate entity from the state, the state would have gone red.

#freeupstateNY
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

#freeupstateNY
Which is why I doubt you will ever see New York adopt proportional voting like they had talked about before and like Maine and Nebraska implements.  Trump got one electoral vote from Maine and Hillary got three.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 4:08:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Reportedly Giuliani said he didn't want the job.  Now whether DJT twists his arm is another matter entirely.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 7:52:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
maybe we can get an executive order for national right to carry in the first 100 days
View Quote

NO!
We need to have him REPEAL EXECUTIVE ORDERS not add more!

Read what executive orders were actually about!
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 9:19:14 PM EDT
[#19]
I took my former NY vote to PA and voted Trump.

I feel like I single handedly kept Hilary out of office.  
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 12:21:24 AM EDT
[#20]
I did my part, but New Paltz, Woodstock and Kingston dragged the entire county down
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 7:06:15 AM EDT
[#21]

I voted Trump.
My Election District went to Trump.
My Town went to Trump.

Even my county here on Long Island (Suffolk) went to Trump.

Link Posted: 11/11/2016 7:59:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I did my part, but New Paltz, Woodstock and Kingston dragged the entire county down
View Quote

Same here, 3 votes for DJT from the Bushman Clan but the SUNY towns in Ulster Co. dragged us down the blue path.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 5:30:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Me too
Mother in law in Florida didn't think we had a chance. Had to beg her to vote
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 9:44:05 AM EDT
[#24]
I voted trump, I still don't give a shit about the guy but I think he'll do fine, it was the supreme court for me, I'm fucking giddy about that
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Recess appointments.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 2:21:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I voted trump, I still don't give a shit about the guy but I think he'll do fine, it was the supreme court for me, I'm fucking giddy about that
View Quote

You know, it's kind of cool- looking back it's obvious his political journey was launched when he was testing the waters at that Albany Safe act rally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCHf3MrX6HQ

Watch it, I hadn't seen it since that day.   In fact I saw no mention of that speech during the election.  I'd say that day in Albany was a seminal moment in his ultimate journey to the White House.  Even if NY didn't put him there. We were watching history in the making, a candidacy being born.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 3:37:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You know, it's kind of cool- looking back it's obvious his political journey was launched when he was testing the waters at that Albany Safe act rally.

Watch it, I hadn't seen it since that day.   In fact I saw no mention of that speech during the election.  I'd say that day in Albany was a seminal moment in his ultimate journey to the White House.  Even if NY didn't put him there. We were watching history in the making, a candidacy being born.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck yeah.  

Damn someone should have posted that video in GD on the run up to the election for the nevertrumpers.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 3:57:48 PM EDT
[#28]
I was surprised by that speech's conspicuous absence during the campaign.  I don't remember if I recorded it, if I did I lost it.

I just found that upload of it today.  Only about 700 views.  A real pivotal moment in history looking back at it now.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 9:34:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Fuck yeah.  

Damn someone should have posted that video in GD on the run up to the election for the nevertrumpers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck yeah.  

yea that one slipped through the cracks for sure , it still should be posted in GD for some of the doubters
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top