Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2016 5:10:23 PM EDT
Where are folks buying compliant barrels and stocks?

I'm looking to build a compliant AR finally, but am having trouble locating a crowned barrel and the new hideous stock.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Ares SCR
Ruger Mini 14
Saiga
SKS
KelTec SU16
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 5:33:50 PM EDT
[#2]
thats the pretty accurate list
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 6:59:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Not really interested in those. I just want a barrel that isn't threaded or pinned with a muzzle break/flash hinder and the goofy looking stock.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 7:33:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Windham
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 8:30:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Anderson Rifles
Palmetto State Armory
Watch around the "clearance" or "Sale" as the featureless stuff is often discounted.
CMMG had a bunch of thread-less barrels at Knob Creek for cheap, but you'd have to call and talk to someone that was there.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 12:42:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Got my barrel from stag. I think i paid about $170.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 8:19:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not really interested in those. I just want a barrel that isn't threaded or pinned with a muzzle break/flash hinder and the goofy looking stock.
View Quote

What's the deal with muzzle brakes, legal or not?
Is pinning & welding a thread protector/fake flash hider an acceptable method of covering threads on a barrel with our SAFE Act overlords?

God this state is fubar!
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 12:11:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Is pinning & welding a thread protector/fake flash hider an acceptable method of covering threads on a barrel with our SAFE Act overlords?

God this state is fubar!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

God this state is fubar!
i

It is as simple as any semiauto that accepts a detachable mag that has one "evil" feature is considered an assault weapon under unsafe. And yes, everything is considered an evil feature.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 12:29:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i   It is as simple as any semiauto that accepts a detachable mag that has one "evil" feature is considered an assault weapon under unsafe. And yes, everything is considered an evil feature.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

God this state is fubar!
i   It is as simple as any semiauto that accepts a detachable mag that has one "evil" feature is considered an assault weapon under unsafe. And yes, everything is considered an evil feature.

I understand this, what I'm asking is are the old acceptable methods of silver solder/pinning welding over barrel threads ok or do you have to cut the threads off & crown the muzzle to be legal under SAFE?

Also didn't that judge who screwed us by upholding SAFE say something about breaks (brakes spelled incorrectly)?
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I understand this, what I'm asking is are the old acceptable methods of silver solder/pinning welding over barrel threads ok or do you have to cut the threads off & crown the muzzle to be legal under SAFE?

Also didn't that judge who screwed us by upholding SAFE say something about breaks (brakes spelled incorrectly)?
View Quote

Exactly. Do you want to risk your freedom because of a misspelling?

Muzzle brakes are no bueno. IMO only.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First off, I understand these are only opinions, not legal advice,
What to do with a preban barrel, is a pinned & welded thread protector ok?
Or do the threads have to come off?
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2nd circuit said the misspelling was irrelevant.  Any Device is a feature.  You would need to permenatly attach a thread cap.  OR get a Target crowned barrel.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 10:39:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
2nd circuit said the misspelling was irrelevant.  Any Device is a feature.  You would need to permenatly attach a thread cap.  OR get a Target crowned barrel.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This

Anything is a feature under unsafe. A pinned thread protector would be sufficient.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 11:52:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#15]
All I've done is used permanent loctite on thread protectors.  Use smooth versions, so they blend in better.  Can't take them off without torching them first.

Stocks...

Either the Thordsen stock (ugly stick):

Or use the Spur grip and finger hook trigger guard with an A2 (or other) stock:

I've also covered up the bayo lug with a (perm loctite) rail piece, too, or just use a plain gas block.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top