Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2016 10:37:12 PM EDT
http://longisland.news12.com/news/police-john-abatz-of-oceanside-arrested-after-2-girls-find-loaded-handgun-in-theater-1.12416535

Short story, guy loses .22(?!?!) from ankle holster at a movie, two kids find it (where are their parents?) bring it to theatre staff.  Cops show up, run serial number, go into movie, yell out guys name and then arrest him.  They claim he didn't report the loss promptly enough (movie still playing), social media thinks that he deserves to be killed.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 3:16:54 AM EDT
[#1]
arrested for?  
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Must be a retired LEO because Nassau does not issue carry licenses to regular folk (well actually they have issued 20 to non retired LEO).  Either that or he was carrying on a restricted permit.  Either way he is probably going to lose his permit and firearms.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Protected and served, all in one day.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe if they issued normal carry licenses people would be better versed in carrying and wouldn't be trying to conceal tiny mouse guns in crappy ankle holsters because they are afraid of being spotted and arrested if they attempt to carry a Glock or Sig in a standard manner on a bullshit restricted carry license.

Link Posted: 10/7/2016 9:29:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
arrested for?  
View Quote

Reckless endangerment. The 'lil chillins found it.

FWIW snooze day says it fell out of his ankle holster.

1. Concealed means concealed. He done fucked up.
2. Don't use ankle holsters. Ever
3. A .22? Seriously?
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's not their fault, bro. They didn't make the laws, they just choose, every morning, to go forth into the world an oppress their fellow Americans for a paycheck and an early pension. But it's not their fault.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 11:40:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's not their fault, bro. They didn't make the laws, they just choose, every morning, to go forth into the world an oppress their fellow Americans for a paycheck and an early pension. But it's not their fault.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In any case, that sucks.  He may not have beat the ride but hopefully he beats the charge.  Yeah, he messed up big time.  But obviously wasn't malicious.  Recklessness requires perceiving the risk or being aware of the condition and then disregarding it.  I'm thinking they're not going to be able to show that
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 8:40:53 AM EDT
[#8]
When I was an instructor at a joint DPS academy, we always had to remind students to check under their seats and on the floor in the auditorium befause they frequently used the space for classes for PD and without fail almost every time someone would loose a gun.  Happens to the best of us.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:22:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Must be a retired LEO because Nassau does not issue carry licenses to regular folk (well actually they have issued 20 to non retired LEO).  Either that or he was carrying on a restricted permit.  Either way he is probably going to lose his permit and firearms.
View Quote

LOL. If you believe that, I have a bridge for sale to ya. There's a lot more out there to non-LE then 20..
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
LOL. If you believe that, I have a bridge for sale to ya. There's a lot more out there to non-LE then 20..
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/nassau-gun-permits-were-improperly-issued-in-some-cases-1.7620037

"Irizarry received what's known as a full carry pistol license, giving him the right to carry a gun at all times, a privilege typically reserved for retired law enforcement officers. Irizarry is not a former officer. Only 19 individuals who are not retired officers hold a full carry license in Nassau County, according to department statistics."

I was off by one unless the person being reported on is #20.  Not sure.

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 3:12:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/nassau-gun-permits-were-improperly-issued-in-some-cases-1.7620037
"Irizarry received what's known as a full carry pistol license, giving him the right to carry a gun at all times, a privilege typically reserved for retired law enforcement officers. Irizarry is not a former officer. Only 19 individuals who are not retired officers hold a full carry license in Nassau County, according to department statistics."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would not believe everything printed in that rag of a paper, nor would I believe the info the dept releases. Remember, thats what they want you to think, not what actually is..
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:25:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My old landlord has one, his buddy works at the Pistol LIcense Section. I didn't believe he had a full carry permit until he showed it to me.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 9:02:34 PM EDT
[#13]
(Can't access article.)

Did he know he had lost it already?  Can't report something missing if you didn't know it was missing...
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:12:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top