Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2016 8:04:00 AM EDT
Seems the gas industry doesn't need much excuse to raise prices. I'm seeing where it affects the lower and mid Atlantic area so far.  Will the shortage  due to the spill cause our local price to rise?
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:25:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope not but after Sandy I got some fuel cans that I keep full.

Also didn't Long Island establish an emergency fuel supply on the North shore somewhere?
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:35:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Most of the gasoline in the northeast is refined by ConocoPhillips in New Jersey
The rest is imported by tankship/barge
The pipeline should have minimal effect on our supply chain but...
Who knows about price gouging or higher demand in the south drawing the
the supply down there... $$$
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:14:19 PM EDT
[#3]
You shouldn't see much of an increase, but you never know, this is an industry that loves speculating to raise prices. The pipeline was already repaired and will be back online tomorrow. There were shortages, long lines, reported all the way up to Virginia though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:04:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I filled up today for that reason but I doubt we see much of an increase; might have saved myself $2....  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top