Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2016 4:16:42 PM EDT
A guy from brooklyn won my auction for some collectible ammo. The way I read it, it should be shipped to a FFL. Is that correct? Can an individual ship to the FFL?
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I've not seen a single online dealer (even before the SAFE Act) that would ship to NYC. I read a good while ago that you're not allowed to have any ammo that doesn't fit the guns on your registration. I found a document that lists NYC laws and mentions:

"NYC Title 38 - Subsection 1-05 (k) No ammunition suitable for use in a rifle of any calibre, or for a
shotgun of any gauge, shall be sold, given away, or otherwise disposed
of to any person who has not been issued a rifle/shotgun permit and a
certificate of registration, and who does not exhibit the same to the
dealer at the time of purchase. Rifle or shotgun ammunition shall not be
sold to any such person except for the shotgun or for the specific
calibre of rifle for which the certificate of registration has been
issued.No ammunition suitable for use in a rifle of any calibre, or for a
shotgun of any gauge, shall be sold, given away, or otherwise disposed
of to any person who has not been issued a rifle/shotgun permit and a
certificate of registration, and who does not exhibit the same to the
dealer at the time of purchase. Rifle or shotgun ammunition shall not be
sold to any such person except for the shotgun or for the specific
calibre of rifle for which the certificate of registration has been
issued."

Everything in NYC is extremely tightly controlled. Possession of said ammo that doesn't fit something he has registered is a crime. I think this is why nobody ships there. NY State outside of NYC doesn't have such restrictions.

http://newyorkcityguns.com/nyc-title-38-nyc-specific-firearms-laws/
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 12:59:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've not seen a single online dealer (even before the SAFE Act) that would ship to NYC. I read a good while ago that you're not allowed to have any ammo that doesn't fit the guns on your registration. I found a document that lists NYC laws and mentions:

"NYC Title 38 - Subsection 1-05 (k) No ammunition suitable for use in a rifle of any calibre, or for a shotgun of any gauge, shall be sold, given away, or otherwise disposed of to any person who has not been issued a rifle/shotgun permit and a certificate of registration, and who does not exhibit the same to the dealer at the time of purchase. Rifle or shotgun ammunition shall not be sold to any such person except for the shotgun or for the specific calibre of rifle for which the certificate of registration has been issued.No ammunition suitable for use in a rifle of any calibre, or for a shotgun of any gauge, shall be sold, given away, or otherwise disposed of to any person who has not been issued a rifle/shotgun permit and a certificate of registration, and who does not exhibit the same to the dealer at the time of purchase. Rifle or shotgun ammunition shall not be sold to any such person except for the shotgun or for the specific calibre of rifle for which the certificate of registration has been issued."

Everything in NYC is extremely tightly controlled. Possession of said ammo that doesn't fit something he has registered is a crime. I think this is why nobody ships there. NY State outside of NYC doesn't have such restrictions.

View Quote

And why is any of that the seller's problem?
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:14:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Buyers responsibility.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 7:11:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

A guy from Brooklyn won my auction for some collectible ammo. The way I read it, it should be shipped to a FFL. Is that correct? Can an individual ship to the FFL?
View Quote
Yes you can. FFL is responsible to ensure the recipient can possess.

Link Posted: 9/17/2016 7:11:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I can hear your cuffs clicking closed when you ship it to a NYC .GOV official!
Do NOT ship directly to buyer.

BIll
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 7:58:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A guy from brooklyn won my auction for some collectible ammo. The way I read it, it should be shipped to a FFL. Is that correct? Can an individual ship to the FFL?
View Quote

You/re in GA he's in NY it is his responsibility to comply with some inane bullshit law in his area, not yours...
So what's Mayor De-Blah-sio going to do to you?

A) Take away your birthday

B) Not send you a Christmas card

C) Yell STOP! or I say STOP again?

D) Cry in his fat free, salt free,gluten free, politically correct soup?

How much ammo are we talking a couple boxes? A case? A truckload?

How about you pull  off a major caper and ship it to his Cousin Jedidiah's or Aunt Mable's house upstate?

Oh, and F&CK NYC!

Note this should not be construed as legal advise, oh and many baby seals were clubbed while giving this opinion!
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 9:42:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How about you pull  off a major caper and ship it to his Cousin Jedidiah's or Aunt Mable's house upstate?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

When people's birthdays are revoked, it usually means they are whacked.

People upstate are not supposed to order more than seven rounds. WTF is wrong with you???

Link Posted: 9/17/2016 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Let's not forget the 200 round limit per household.

Link Posted: 9/17/2016 5:30:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is fire code, meaning a limit on what you can keep at a location.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 11:15:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm Fucked, I have two 550 round boxes of .22LR!
How do I get rid of the excess 400 rounds?

BIll
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#11]
According to that website, the 200 round limit/fire code is just for sellers of ammunition, not private citizens with their own stash.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"NYC Title 38 - Subsection 1-05 (k) No ammunition suitable for use in a rifle of any calibre, or for a shotgun of any gauge, shall be sold, given away, or otherwise disposed of to any person who has not been issued a rifle/shotgun permit and a certificate of registration, and who does not exhibit the same to the dealer at the time of purchase. Rifle or shotgun ammunition shall not be sold to any such person except for the shotgun or for the specific calibre of rifle for which the certificate of registration has been issued.No ammunition suitable for use in a rifle of any calibre, or for a shotgun of any gauge, shall be sold, given away, or otherwise disposed of to any person who has not been issued a rifle/shotgun permit and a certificate of registration, and who does not exhibit the same to the dealer at the time of purchase. Rifle or shotgun ammunition shall not be sold to any such person except for the shotgun or for the specific calibre of rifle for which the certificate of registration has been issued."

They send NYPD to the south to illegally buy handguns, you think its beyond them to call you a criminal conspirator and issue a warrant?
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 2:35:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote
Brake/Break.

I'm going to assume they meant 200 ammo can limit.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:26:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Personally, I would not sell to the 5 boroughs.

It may be fair/legal in all respects... however, vindication can be an expensive proposition that outweighs short-term profit.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Got it worked out. Sending the ammo to a local gun store.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top