Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 9/15/2016 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Hard to believe with Democrats running the state, and these cities for so long.....

The Democrat party breeds poverty...
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 8:44:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Democrat party breeds poverty...
View Quote

It's the new slavery.   Instead of a crop of cotton or tobacco it's a crop of votes.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 8:53:12 AM EDT
[#3]
easy to believe

absolutely sucks for those kids, most don't have a damn chance.

In a perfect world kids wouldn't know hunger, death or many of the other shitty things that happen to them

having kids turned me into a softy for children.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 9:07:49 AM EDT
[#4]
How do they define poverty? Only one Escalade in the family?
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 6:47:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How do they define poverty? Only one Escalade in the family?
View Quote

And only 4 I phones.

Yet the middle class is barely making ends meet to cover the handouts.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 8:08:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Now just put that in to prospective as the entire United States of America. We are presently looking at our futures as the cancer spreads from city to city killing off our great country and its families . If we can kill the cancer before it kills us we may have a chance of surviving .

As far as I know there isn't a cure for cancer.

Edit
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I used to work the Rochester hood and I felt terrible for the little kids I saw there. That deplorable shithole is certainly no place for children.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 7:33:51 AM EDT
[#8]
In poverty.....

This chaps my ass.  I work in school districts where 75% of kids receive free lunch.  The whole damn school is "in poverty".  I always worry about the kids who really doesnt have enough to eat, or clothes to wear.  

However, 95% of this "poverty" is self inflicted stupidity.  The kid who doesnt have lunch?  Funny thing....  He's got a cell phone two generations newer than mine.  I drive a small motorcycle to school, even on cold mornings, freezing my ass off to save a few bucks on gas, and I bring my lunch from home (again, saving a buck).  Junior, the impoverished kid, gets dropped off at school in mom's jacked up 4x4 or Suburban that gets 8 mpg, and they stopped at Stewarts on the way to school and bought two single cans of Monster at $1.99 a can.....

Every time I turn around, there is another benefit program for underprivileged  kids.   They get food stamps, TANF, welfare, heating assistance, rent assistance, clothing allowances, free breakfast and lunch and school, free after school snacks, and the schools now send home a back pack with food for the weekend.  And you just need to watch the kids in the school cafeteria -   85% of what goes on their tray ends up in the trash (School lunch can be nasty, but a lot of this is packaged stuff.  "I don't want an apple").

The Mrs. works in homes.  Many are these 'underprivileged" homes.  Our house if 58 degrees at night, and a high of 62 during the day.  We are saving on heat.  The ONLY homes that have the thermostat set at 80 so everyone can lounge around in shorts and tee shirts are welfare bum homes with heating assistance.  She's been in some homes where the water hasn't run in three weeks (pump died).  When the check came in, did Dad run out and buy a new pump?  Nope.  But he did spend $173 on two new commemorative John Deere collectors plates for the wall!  And the water still isn't running, and you'll get the whole "woe is we, we is so poor" bullshit from these clowns....  They are NEVER out of beer, cigarettes or fireworks though.  Kids aint fed but we got those three essentials all covered.  Got four snowmobiles, but no food.

I wish there was a way to find the truly needy and serve those kids.  However, all our attempts to help kids have only done one thing:  They have successfully bred a dependent class that will NEVER have enough cash and resources to feed their kids, mostly because they are too stupid and self-centered to care enough about their kids to feed em!

95% of this poverty is self inflicted stupidity

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 2:32:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Poverty... I don't think they know what that word means.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 2:58:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

In poverty.....

This chaps my ass.  I work in school districts where 75% of kids receive free lunch.  The whole damn school is "in poverty".  I always worry about the kids who really doesnt have enough to eat, or clothes to wear.  

However, 95% of this "poverty" is self inflicted stupidity.  The kid who doesnt have lunch?  Funny thing....  He's got a cell phone two generations newer than mine.  I drive a small motorcycle to school, even on cold mornings, freezing my ass off to save a few bucks on gas, and I bring my lunch from home (again, saving a buck).  Junior, the impoverished kid, gets dropped off at school in mom's jacked up 4x4 or Suburban that gets 8 mpg, and they stopped at Stewarts on the way to school and bought two single cans of Monster at $1.99 a can.....

Every time I turn around, there is another benefit program for underprivileged  kids.   They get food stamps, TANF, welfare, heating assistance, rent assistance, clothing allowances, free breakfast and lunch and school, free after school snacks, and the schools now send home a back pack with food for the weekend.  And you just need to watch the kids in the school cafeteria -   85% of what goes on their tray ends up in the trash (School lunch can be nasty, but a lot of this is packaged stuff.  "I don't want an apple").

The Mrs. works in homes.  Many are these 'underprivileged" homes.  Our house if 58 degrees at night, and a high of 62 during the day.  We are saving on heat.  The ONLY homes that have the thermostat set at 80 so everyone can lounge around in shorts and tee shirts are welfare bum homes with heating assistance.  She's been in some homes where the water hasn't run in three weeks (pump died).  When the check came in, did Dad run out and buy a new pump?  Nope.  But he did spend $173 on two new commemorative John Deere collectors plates for the wall!  And the water still isn't running, and you'll get the whole "woe is we, we is so poor" bullshit from these clowns....  They are NEVER out of beer, cigarettes or fireworks though.  Kids aint fed but we got those three essentials all covered.  Got four snowmobiles, but no food.

I wish there was a way to find the truly needy and serve those kids.  However, all our attempts to help kids have only done one thing:  They have successfully bred a dependent class that will NEVER have enough cash and resources to feed their kids, mostly because they are too stupid and self-centered to care enough about their kids to feed em!

View Quote
+1

I saw it when I lived in Rockland County.  I've seen it on brief stops in Elmira and I see it here on Long Island.  The person with the EBT card has the latest iPhone, Beats Headphones and walking around in $300 Air Jordan's.  Also seem to have money for the Malt Liquor and cigarettes.  If you do not have to worry about paying taxes or paying living expenses, you can live high.

But as noted, the sad part is there are some who are truly needy but a large number know exactly how to work the system to their advantage.  It is a long running joke about the (immigrant ethnic group deleted) in Brooklyn with furs and high priced jewelry receiving EBT's.  On paper they have almost no income but they have assets that make most of us look poor.  Funny thing is my late German immigrant grandmother who lived into her early 90's was technically eligible for benefits.  It would have cut her gas bill, phone bill (which New York Telephone at the time kept jacking up) and electric bill.  But she refused to apply because she was able to pay for those things, as well has her food and rent, and she felt it would be wrong to take a benefit she did not need.  Too bad so many beneficiaries come here only for what they can get from the society rather than contribute to it.  And when they die they always want to be buried in their "home country"  They never really adopt the United States as their country like past immigrants did (my grandparents are interred in Queens).
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 6:18:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In poverty.....

View Quote

And while we detest the "Nanny State" the NY is, the shear stupidity and outright need  for someone to intervene, to outright intrusively interject the State into their lives comes to play.  Sometimes the idea of requiring a licenses to reproduce isn't such an asinine thing.....I've been into houses with people just as you described, see the folks getting free food from the distribution point driving vehicles MUCH better than mine, pulled kids out of houses (emergency medical) where I had to take a flea-bath back at the station, and know from my Wife (who works at the School) of Kids who really don't have enough or anything because the fuck-wads on their Birth certificates are more interested in beer, cigarettes, and lottery tickets than feeding, clothing, and educating their prodigy....don't even get me started on Dental care, Hygiene, and medical care.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top