Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2016 12:06:49 PM EDT
1) New York

Cheap is something you can never relate to the Big Apple. It may be a relatively safe state, but in the entire United States, it’s the most expensive place to live in. The tax rate and cost of living are also extremely high in New York. In fact, state and local income taxes in New York are the highest in the US while property taxes rank fourth highest in all 50 states.

In 2014, cost of living in the Big Apple soared 120.4% above the national average. Moreover, health care and housing, which are two of the most important staples for seniors, are very expensive in New York. According to reports, a married couple aged 65 years old who retire in New York would be facing health care costs amounting to $413,597. This is 4.7% higher than the national average.

Just came back after spending one week looking at real-estate for the fourth time at the Red Neck Riviera ( Myrtle Beach). We have concluded that this area is a waste of money due to vibrant culture and tourist style type of living .I'm focusing my retirement and investment in Charleston SC . A home investment in this area may double in value and the tax is reasonable with money left over to enjoy your retirement. It is historically magnificent and captivating as you stroll along the battery and look out at Fort Sumter you realize it began here.  You will enjoy spending time and money in the fine culture and cuisine within the city and surrounding areas along with the people of the south . "Stay in NY" that will be my motto once I make the change .  

In coming !  
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty much anyone state in the south will be cheapier than communist liberal nys. The only exception to that would be the metro Washington dc area. People commute as far as away as south PA, and West Va to work in DC area.

Ive been back in ny for about two weeks and i hate it. Even my youngest son is seeing how much stuff is now and starting to really rethinking living here.. I hoping after his deployment he decides to move else.

The liberals/democraps can keep NY and i encourage every dam liberal to more to the northeast or to Cali.. Than Trump can build a wall around them to contain there dumb asses so they cant moved to another state and screw that state up. My father was right about NYS 30 years ago.. Im so glad the only thing i really have left here is a house that going up on the market as soon as my son deploys.

FUAC and the rest of the liberals/demcoraps
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:50:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty much anyone state in the south will be cheapier than communist liberal nys. The only exception to that would be the metro Washington dc area. People commute as far as away as south PA, and West Va to work in DC area.

Ive been back in ny for about two weeks and i hate it. Even my youngest son is seeing how much stuff is now and starting to really rethinking living here.. I hoping after his deployment he decides to move else.

The liberals/democraps can keep NY and i encourage every dam liberal to more to the northeast or to Cali.. Than Trump can build a wall around them to contain there dumb asses so they cant moved to another state and screw that state up. My father was right about NYS 30 years ago.. Im so glad the only thing i really have left here is a house that going up on the market as soon as my son deploys.

FUAC and the rest of the liberals/demcoraps
View Quote

I couldn't agree more and thank your son for his service for me. I seen the most amazing thing on our way home and unfortunately I couldn't get a picture of a very  large confederate flag flying from a 50 ft. flag pole just a few hundred yards off 95. I was happy to see that flag waving after the shit the dem-o-craps pulled. Took a tour of the Edmondondston-Alston House along the battery over looking the Charleston Bay and  Fort Sumter. Paid for a guided tour really informational especially after I asked about things changing. She gave me a very encouraging response and said "the old  southern money is so tied into US politics that nothing is going to change down south". She said "the Confederate flag may not be  flying over the state capital but its flying at everyone's house". Funny I asked  her where see moved from she said Bernie drove her out of Vermont.  

http://www.edmondstonalston.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top