Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2016 4:32:39 PM EDT
I let my PA non-res ccw expire awhile ago, didn't have the time to get back to Centre county. Any counties closer to the NYC area, rather than go out to Centre? Anyone with experience?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:57:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#2]
berk county

http://www.co.berks.pa.us/dept/sheriff/pages/locationstoobtainfirearms.aspx

and cabelas is in hamburg...

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Got mine from Wayne in 2014. Nice as can be down there. Call to make sure they are still issuing though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:44:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Center county is featured in the Lord Kalvan science fiction books by H. Beam Piper, a very firearms friendly author. You might want to read the books, view the website, and make a day or two of the trip.

http://web.sbu.edu/friedsam/archives/carr/Lord_Kalvan/Lord_Kalvan_page.html
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:38:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wayne County, Honesdale PA but you have to return to pick it up.
View Quote

+1 Very nice people to deal with.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I went to Lancaster when my Centre County was due to expire.  Other than being there on the week that the state's computer system was down, it went smoothly.  I also had a friend that needed to move furniture to Lancaster so my trip was basically free.

Bill

PS.  I may try Honesdale for my next renewal because I go there on vacation regularly.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Or you can get a New Hampshire NRL by mail that Penn honors if you dont want to travel.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 6:54:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Or you can get a New Hampshire NRL by mail that Penn honors if you dont want to travel.
View Quote

For me, the cost of gas is nearly as much as the 100 for the nh permit. I just printed out my nh paperwork this week.

Several years ago i got my me permit as it was cheaper than nh and pa used to honor it, then in august of 13(iirc) they changed their reciprocity agreement.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:14:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the info guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top