Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2016 1:56:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 2:13:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Went to college in Springfield, MA for four years.  I am in no danger of moving back to Massachusetts thankfully.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Went to college in Springfield, MA for four years.  I am in no danger of moving back to Massachusetts thankfully.
View Quote

Things are better here?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#3]
That isn't how it works you dumb bitch.

The whole reason anti-gun idiots make laws banning FEATURES is because you can't easily ban ALL AR-15 style guns. There is no legal wording that could make that possible. You can't post a picture of an AR in a law and say "Any gun that looks kinda like this is banned! Because feels!"

They tried to ban guns by name, but as soon as a gun company changes the roll mark, it's not the same gun anymore. And then they tried to say that "all copies or duplicates of the guns we named are banned too" - but that doesn't work because a COPY or DUPLICATE has to be exactly the same.

A Colt Match Target is NOT an AR-15...A Bushmaster XM-15 is NOT an AR-15. Only ArmaLite and Colt made an AR-15 rifle, technically.

It's like if they banned ALL KLEENEX. That wouldn't mean all TISSUES are banned.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 2:34:16 PM EDT
[#4]
The directive specifically outlines two tests to determine what constitutes a “copy” or “duplicate” of a prohibited weapon. If a gun’s operating system is essentially the same as that of a banned weapon, or if the gun has components that are interchangeable with those of a banned weapon, it’s a “copy” or “duplicate,” and it is illegal. Assault weapons prohibited under our laws cannot be altered in any way to make their sale or possession legal in Massachusetts.
View Quote

How does that bode for the ACR?  The components of the upper all interchange, some but not much of the lower can interchange...  Wonder where the line is drawn.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 2:37:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

How does that bode for the ACR?  The components of the upper all interchange, some but not much of the lower can interchange...  Wonder where the line is drawn.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The directive specifically outlines two tests to determine what constitutes a “copy” or “duplicate” of a prohibited weapon. If a gun’s operating system is essentially the same as that of a banned weapon, or if the gun has components that are interchangeable with those of a banned weapon, it’s a “copy” or “duplicate,” and it is illegal. Assault weapons prohibited under our laws cannot be altered in any way to make their sale or possession legal in Massachusetts.

Well it could be argued that the SCR's bolt carrier and recoil system of the upper are totally different and not interchangeable between an AR style gun.

But, this is all bullshit. I could make an AR-15 trigger or stock or barrel device or back-up sight work perfectly on ANY gun.

So are all guns banned now? Since I can duct tape an AR15 stock, handguard or grip to a 10/22?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Well it could be argued that the SCR's bolt carrier and recoil system of the upper are totally different and not interchangeable between an AR style gun.

But, this is all bullshit. I could make an AR-15 trigger or stock or barrel device or back-up sight work perfectly on ANY gun.

So are all guns banned now? Since I can duct tape an AR15 stock, handguard or grip to a 10/22?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm of the assumption that there does not need to be any banned features on a copy or duplicate for the gun to be banned by this action.  Seems like this is a pretty big loop hole to take down any semi-auto.

It seems to me that if someone were to create a gun that passes the 2 feature test and is not significantly related to any banned gun on the list then it would be legal...

Someone could have a field day with this part of the provision listing rifles that this does not apply to:

(vi) any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than five rounds of ammunition;

Back in the ban days WASR AK's were made with single stack mag wells and sold with 10 round mags.  If someone were crafty enough you could have an AR with a tighter mag well that was designed and specifically marketed to only take 5 round mags.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Right but what I am saying is...

The MA idiot's interpretation says that if a gun has ANY interchangeable parts with any of the banned guns, then it is also banned.

So An AR-15 has a little metal thing called a trigger. It could easily be configured to work with almost ANY gun.

Hell, if a stock pouch or bi-pod that is made for an AR-15 can be slapped onto a 10/22, does that mean the 10/22 is now illegal?

I'm saying that they can't just ban all guns that have interchangeable parts...because that would mean ALL guns are banned.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Right but what I am saying is...

The MA idiot's interpretation says that if a gun has ANY interchangeable parts with any of the banned guns, then it is also banned.

So An AR-15 has a little metal thing called a trigger. It could easily be configured to work with almost ANY gun.

Hell, if a stock pouch or bi-pod that is made for an AR-15 can be slapped onto a 10/22, does that mean the 10/22 is now illegal?

I'm saying that they can't just ban all guns that have interchangeable parts...because that would mean ALL guns are banned.

View Quote

Sorry, yeah, on the same page as you.  Just trying to wrap my mind around the derp.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Right, and tell me how the US Circuit Court for the District is going to strike this interpretation down as unconstitutional.  They have judges just as liberal (if not more so) than the idiots in the 2nd circus who upheld the Unsafe Act and reinstated muzzle breaks as a banned feature.  Fighting this crap in the Courts is a losing proposition when the bench is stacked against the 2d Amendment.  Wait till Hitlery gets her supreme court (intentionally not capitalized) appointments.  The 2nd Amendment is doomed.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#10]
The interchangeable component, the cartridge. All guns are assault weapons.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#11]
They can go fuck themselves what is this a fucking dictatorship ? I'm am so tired of this fucking bullshit I want to smash my computer.

In the face of utter inaction by Congress, states have a duty to enact and enforce laws that protect people from gun violence. If Washington won’t use its power to get these guns off our streets, we will. Not only do we have the legal authority to do so, we have a moral obligation to do so.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:49:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

This is what's getting sent out to the FFL's.

(Not sure how they can do this without legislative action...)

A weapon is a Copy or Duplicate and is therefore a prohibited Assault weapon if it meets one or both of the following tests and is 1) a semiautomatic

rifle or handgun that was manufactured or subsequently configured with an ability to accept a detachable magazine, or 2) a semiautomatic shotgun

Similarity Test: A weapon is a Copy or Duplicate if its internal functional components are substantially similar in construction and configuration to those of an Enumerated Weapon.

Under this test, a weapon is a Copy or Duplicate, for example, if the operating system and firing mechanism of the weapon are based on or otherwise substantially similar to one of the Enumerated Weapons.

Interchangeability Test: A weapon is a Copy or Duplicate if it has a receiver that is the same as or interchangeable with the receiver of an Enumerated Weapon. A receiver will be treated as the same

as or interchangeable with the receiver on an Enumerated Weapon if it includes or accepts two or more operating components that are the same as or interchangeable with those of an

Enumerated Weapon. Such operating components may include, but are not limited to: 1) the trigger assembly; 2) the bolt carrier or bolt carrier group; 3) the charging handle; 4) the extractor or extractor assembly; or 5) the magazine port.

If a weapon meets one of the above tests, it is a Copy or Duplicate (and therefore a prohibited Assault weapon), even if it is marketed as "state compliant” or "Massachusetts compliant.”

The fact that a weapon is or has been marketed by the manufacturer on the basis that it is the same as or substantially similar to one or more Enumerated Weapons will be relevant to

identifying whether the weapon is a Copy or Duplicate (and therefore a prohibited Assault weapon) under the applicable test(s).

Under Section 121, the Features Test in the former 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(30) remains an independent basis for qualification as an Assault weapon.

If a weapon, as manufactured or originally assembled, is a Copy or Duplicate under one or both of the applicable tests, it remains a prohibited Assault weapon

even if it is altered by the seller. Therefore, a Copy or Duplicate will be treated as an Assault weapon even if it is altered, for example,

by pinning the folding or telescoping stock in a fixed position, by removing the pistol grip, by removing a bayonet mount or flash suppressor,

or by preventing the weapon from accepting a detachable magazine.

Purely cosmetic similarities to an Enumerated Weapon, such as finish, appearance, or shape of the stock, or appearance or shape of the rail,

will not be treated as relevant to a determination of whether a weapon is a Copy or Duplicate.
View Quote

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#13]
sounds like ma is getting  for another tea party..

All they need to do is drag ag out and tar and feather him.

Libearals/democraps will run like the little scared bitches they are..

I hope all the mfg stop selling to LE up there.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:27:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
sounds like ma is getting  for another tea party..

All they need to do is drag ag out and tar and feather him her.

Libearals/democraps will run like the little scared bitches they are..

I hope all the mfg stop selling to LE up there.
View Quote

Fixed it for ya.

Might as well start acting like the criminals we all apparently are...
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:24:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Never happen. The citizens of Mass. Cheered the house to house search for Tsarnaev ( spelling ). They have been conditioned.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:33:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is what's getting sent out to the FFL's.
(Not sure how they can do this without legislative action...)

A weapon is a Copy or Duplicate and is therefore a prohibited Assault weapon if it meets one or both of the following tests and is 1) a semiautomatic
rifle or handgun that was manufactured or subsequently configured with an ability to accept a detachable magazine, or 2) a semiautomatic shotgun

Similarity Test: A weapon is a Copy or Duplicate if its internal functional components are substantially similar in construction and configuration to those of an Enumerated Weapon.
Under this test, a weapon is a Copy or Duplicate, for example, if the operating system and firing mechanism of the weapon are based on or otherwise substantially similar to one of the Enumerated Weapons.

Interchangeability Test: A weapon is a Copy or Duplicate if it has a receiver that is the same as or interchangeable with the receiver of an Enumerated Weapon. A receiver will be treated as the same
as or interchangeable with the receiver on an Enumerated Weapon if it includes or accepts two or more operating components that are the same as or interchangeable with those of an
Enumerated Weapon. Such operating components may include, but are not limited to: 1) the trigger assembly; 2) the bolt carrier or bolt carrier group; 3) the charging handle; 4) the extractor or extractor assembly; or 5) the magazine port.
If a weapon meets one of the above tests, it is a Copy or Duplicate (and therefore a prohibited Assault weapon), even if it is marketed as "state compliant” or "Massachusetts compliant.”

The fact that a weapon is or has been marketed by the manufacturer on the basis that it is the same as or substantially similar to one or more Enumerated Weapons will be relevant to
identifying whether the weapon is a Copy or Duplicate (and therefore a prohibited Assault weapon) under the applicable test(s).
Under Section 121, the Features Test in the former 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(30) remains an independent basis for qualification as an Assault weapon.

If a weapon, as manufactured or originally assembled, is a Copy or Duplicate under one or both of the applicable tests, it remains a prohibited Assault weapon
even if it is altered by the seller. Therefore, a Copy or Duplicate will be treated as an Assault weapon even if it is altered, for example,
by pinning the folding or telescoping stock in a fixed position, by removing the pistol grip, by removing a bayonet mount or flash suppressor,
or by preventing the weapon from accepting a detachable magazine.

Purely cosmetic similarities to an Enumerated Weapon, such as finish, appearance, or shape of the stock, or appearance or shape of the rail,
will not be treated as relevant to a determination of whether a weapon is a Copy or Duplicate.

Well, looks like the ACR is not 50 state legal anymore.  It MIGHT meet the similarity test.  There is no way that it does not meet the interchangeability test.  Charging handle and extractor assembly meet the requirement.  Although, as we've faced before, that's a huge assumption that you can own an AR 15 lower and assume exactly what upper will be pinned to it.  You could argue the receiver is not interchangeable because the recoil systems won't work together.  Mag well could be counted as "interchangeable" because it accepts the same mags, I guess.  Not sure what other measures they could use when they say the interchangeable parts are not limited to the ones listed.

I would like to note my love for the SKS, yet again.  It's a remarkably unbanable gun.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:47:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Sorry SKSs can be modified to accept the same mags as AK47s.

Banned in MA now.

The arbitrary nature of this "ruling" is such bullshit.

If this is allowed to stand, it will mean the end of all guns very soon.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:06:19 AM EDT
[#18]
So does that mean the Mossberg MVP series of bolt action rifles are now banned because they take AR mags?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:41:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Things are better here?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Things are better here?

No, but why would one go through the hassle and expense to move from one $#!thole to another?  One of my biggest fears is that I would have to leave New York and move to CT, RI, MA, MD, DE, IL, NJ or CA (I would add HI  to that list but I cannot imagine why it would ever come up).

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:56:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

So does that mean the Mossberg MVP series of bolt action rifles are now banned because they take AR mags?
View Quote
No because it's not semi-auto.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In her new ruling, it doesn't say they have to be semi-auto, to quote the article "If a gun’s operating system is essentially the same as that of a banned weapon, or if the gun has components that are interchangeable with those of a banned weapon, it’s a “copy” or “duplicate,” and it is illegal." She never said what or how many components have to be interchangeable.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:55:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sorry SKSs can be modified to accept the same mags as AK47s.

Banned in MA now.

The arbitrary nature of this "ruling" is such bullshit.

If this is allowed to stand, it will mean the end of all guns very soon.
View Quote

I don't think that is correct. Certain SKS models accept standard AK magazines but to modify a fixed magazine SKS to use detachable magazine adds the duckbill to the magazine which will not come close to fitting in a AK pattern rifle. I could be wrong but who the hell can follow any of this shit anymore...

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:02:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

In her new ruling, it doesn't say they have to be semi-auto, to quote the article "If a gun’s operating system is essentially the same as that of a banned weapon, or if the gun has components that are interchangeable with those of a banned weapon, it’s a “copy” or “duplicate,” and it is illegal." She never said what or how many components have to be interchangeable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the letter going to FFLs.

rifle or handgun
that was manufactured or subsequently configured with an ability to accept a detachable magazine, or 2) a semiautomatic shotgun

Enumerated Weapon
. Such operating components may include, but are not limited to: 1) the trigger assembly; 2) the bolt carrier or bolt carrier group; 3) the charging handle; 4) the extractor or extractor assembly; or 5) the magazine port.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#24]
People leaving MA...seems to be a trend in some places (like, uh, NYS).

Read this bit of clairvoyance from February concerning residents leaving MA:

So, a question to ponder: Why have U.S. residents, on balance, when voting with their feet, steered away from a state that is a leader in education and innovation — cornerstones of the new economy?

Granted, the exodus here was smaller than in many other states. In the same year ending July 2015, New York, for example, had a net loss of 157,992 domestic residents, while Illinois saw a decline of 105,217. California, also a net loser in domestic migration, watched 77,219 residents vanish. The big gainers: Florida, Texas and Colorado.

The pace of movement seems to be on the rise

http://www.wbur.org/cognoscenti/2016/02/24/massachusetts-population-thomas-j-fitzgerald
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:33:44 PM EDT
[#25]
When it finally all falls apart (and face it is there really anybody here that doesn't see it coming?) those in charge ARE fearful of the average person armed with a rifle that is capable of changing the outcome of their will.....As many as possible must be dis-armed, and those not are to be hamstrung by horseshit laws designed to limit their ability to not just defend, but to fight back.
Registration has always lead to confiscation or at the very least demand letters to prove they have disposed of said item; Right in NYC was it not said to register your assault weapons and you can keep them, only to have the tables turned demanding their surrender or provable sale outside NY.
Perhaps I'm completely wrong; we'll have World peace, plenty of money, milk & honey for all without religion demanding death from non-believers, no more war, insurrection, slavery, murders, military coups, people going hungry on Uncle Sam's Plantation, honest political leaders...... or maybe I should put down the pipe and return to reality.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 3:15:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Instead of throwing tea into the harbor, they need to throw something else.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top