Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2016 9:55:08 AM EDT
Hello All,

Been shooting at Calverton here and there over the years.  Now, my kids are at an age where they can shoot (have already started them shooting at properties upstate).  Is there an minimum age for shooting at Calverton and are there any other requirements for kids 7-11 to shoot?  

Thanks in Advance.
Bill
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Calverton Range

Give them a call. I have seen kids there before, but not sure what age they can shoot. I would call before you go and make sure. If they can shoot at that age, I would think they are probably limited to 22LR rifles.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#2]
It's the wild west, but remember, people do live there...
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  Good point.  22LR would be fine.  I have a couple.  Plus, they are itching to shoot their Henry Youth lever action!
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I brought my son there first  when he was 8. Hovering over him of course....But was teaching  gun safety awhile before that.   Started with air soft, BB guns ,just to practice handling /safety.  He's now almost 12  but looks 15 and will be going there several times  over the summer,  

I think a lot of depends on the kid regardless of age.   The owner has no prob taking the $15 each from both of us.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 3:22:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe the legal age to shoot is 12 years old. That said I have never seen the RO's say anything about taking your kids to the range as long as they are properly supervised.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 3:29:48 PM EDT
[#6]
They have a crickett .22 they rent out for teaching children on. I don't know if they require an instructor also. But they are friendly towards teaching the youth how to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Harry's young son has shot some .22's of mine years ago.
I don't think t will be a problem as long as they are supervised.

Bill
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 9:56:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Spent all day there today with the boy (Monday ) if you can I'd recommend a weekday......we had a great time,  plenty of room.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top