Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2016 4:21:01 PM EDT
They gave me temporary plates (which I had to go back twice already to get extended) and keep saying "check next week to see if we got your plates back yet."

I don't see what the fuck is taking so long.  The guy keeps referencing the NJ DMV (do they go through them to get NY registration?  I would think they would just send a guy to the nearest NY DMV office and hand the stuff in.

If I knew what a hassle this was going to be I would have registered the fucking thing myself.  I can't figure out what's their angle for stroking my dick over this.  

BTW, the reason I went to NJ to get the bike was because they were the only ones that had this particular one I wanted.

Link Posted: 6/16/2016 4:36:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I've purchased cars in NJ before and never ever had an issue.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They gave me temporary plates (which I had to go back twice already to get extended) and keep saying "check next week to see if we got your plates back yet."

I don't see what the fuck is taking so long.  The guy keeps referencing the NJ DMV (do they go through them to get NY registration?  I would think they would just send a guy to the nearest NY DMV office and hand the stuff in.

If I knew what a hassle this was going to be I would have registered the fucking thing myself.  I can't figure out what's their angle for stroking my dick over this.  

BTW, the reason I went to NJ to get the bike was because they were the only ones that had this particular one I wanted.

View Quote

Ha! You thought you could escape NY even if you bought something in NJ. The secret Scum hole police have knowledge that you are posting in the NYHTF and bad mouthing the safe act., so they figure they will fuck with you when you register your new toy.  That will teach you to bad mouth the Un-Safe -Act!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ha! You thought you could escape NY even if you bought something in NJ. The secret Scum hole police have knowledge that you are posting in the NYHTF and bad mouthing the safe act., so they figure they will fuck with you when you register your new toy.  That will teach you to bad mouth the Un-Safe -Act!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not beyond the realm of possibility with Princess Cumhole.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 9:53:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought my truck in NC, drove it back with a dealer issued temp tag. Went to NY DMV a week later and it took 10 minutes to register once my number was called...

I have had so many issues with dealers fucking up registrations, titles and plates, unless they have a NY DMV computer in the dealership (seems most larger dealerships actually do now) I just do it myself... Out of state there is no way I would let them do it. Just give me a temp tag to get it home and handle the paperwork at DMV yourself. All the forms are online these days.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 10:08:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe you're on the "No Buy List"...    
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 12:08:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I bought my truck in NC, drove it back with a dealer issued temp tag. Went to NY DMV a week later and it took 10 minutes to register once my number was called...

I have had so many issues with dealers fucking up registrations, titles and plates, unless they have a NY DMV computer in the dealership (seems most larger dealerships actually do now) I just do it myself... Out of state there is no way I would let them do it. Just give me a temp tag to get it home and handle the paperwork at DMV yourself. All the forms are online these days.
View Quote

If I knew it would be such a hassle I would have, of course.

Link Posted: 6/17/2016 7:05:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 8:10:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So what bike did you get?
View Quote

PM
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 6:50:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

PM
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PM

"PM" is that Latin for "pics are loading"?
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 11:05:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

PM

No it stands for "Persec, My friend"
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:00:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

PM

H e bought a 125 CC Trump model
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRUMP 2016!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
TRUMP 2016!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TRUMP 2016!!
I wouldnt want anyone to know I was a fat guy on a harley either.  Good choice. Myself I have a CBR1000 for real performance, but am looking for a XR650R for a replacement.  Maybe he is worried about the dealer/DMV drones seeing this and getting pissy?

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 2:04:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Fat chicks and mopeds - fun to ride until your friends see you on one.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:45:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, don't know how well that would work out for you. I tried doing that back in '08 with a car I bought in Ohio when I was in college there. When I went to register it here, DMV said I had

to have it inspected. Well I can't have it inspected cause it needs to be registered here you dumb shits. I don't know maybe I went about it all wrong at the time, since it was the first

vehicle I purchased by myself and never went through the process? Wouldn't have mattered anyways since the car was burning so much oil that the CEL would come on 5 minutes after

resetting it. Should have never sold that car though and rebuilt the engine but that's a story for another day.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:22:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

PM
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PM

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:57:38 AM EDT
[#17]
If some random guy rides up with a woman on his back and ask if you would give her a ride around the block, rev away!
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

PM

http://summerinmaine.smugmug.com/photos/19611152-M.jpg

No you did not buy that

Edit

That's why they gave you a hard time it belongs in California.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 5:24:46 PM EDT
[#19]
come on guys your being ruff on him

this is really what he brought the man machine

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top